Singapore Expats Forum

PR Application Final Stage

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Fri, 24 Oct 2008 1:13 pm

Stoven wrote:I will be in Singapore in a month for my interview to finish my PR formalities. I am planning on doing my medical exam when I get there and want to know how far in advance I need to make the appointment and how long it takes to get results? I will be in Singapore for 2 weeks. Will that be enough time. Do I need to make an international call to make my medical exam apppointment sooner?

Thanks,

Steve

No appointment needed mate, I just turned up, waited in line and was all done in about an hour. I went on a Friday afternoon and picked up the results on the following Tuesday afternoon.

Stoven

Postby Stoven » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:15 am

Thanks Saint. Now if I could only book my appointment. eappointment.ica.gov.sg hasn't been working properly the past few days.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:29 am

Be sure you are using IE and not FF. Not all, but a few, local government websites don't function fully when using FireFox. I know that the IRAS site doesn't work properly so there may be others as well.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 9:27 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Be sure you are using IE and not FF. Not all, but a few, local government websites don't function fully when using FireFox. I know that the IRAS site doesn't work properly so there may be others as well.

Onemotoring doesn't like firefox

Stoven

Postby Stoven » Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:57 am

I tried firefox, internet explorer, and safari with no luck. I tried just now and it states that I have passed my deadline.

Saint,

Were you able to schedule your appointment online after you got your extension? I received my extension until the end of December but today is my original deadline. Will I need to just schedule the appointment when I arrive in Singapore?

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:10 am

Stoven wrote:I tried firefox, internet explorer, and safari with no luck. I tried just now and it states that I have passed my deadline.

Saint,

Were you able to schedule your appointment online after you got your extension? I received my extension until the end of December but today is my original deadline. Will I need to just schedule the appointment when I arrive in Singapore?

I just tipped up at the ICA at about 3.30pm without an appointment and was all done by 5.30pm