Singapore Expats

JAL - JAPAN Airlines

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 4:06 am

babypig0630 wrote:
snowss wrote:
babypig0630 wrote:How much $$$$ need to pay if break bond?

And how about JAL's salary? total??????

I love JAL's uniform, but seems it just fly to Japan, USA.
Training= the 1st 6 weeks in SIN and later 6 weeks in JPN.

The bond that u would have to pay in local training is $3K
After the local training, it would be $10K.

As for the salary, u can read the entries back...from somewhere in June 08 onwards :)

Does that meaing, need to pay 3K if break bond when training is process?

And need to pay 10K if break bond when flying?
During the 1st 6 wks in SIN training, if u decide to break ur bond...the sum of $ that u will have to pay is $3K...

After this SIN training, it will be in JPN training and from there...the sum of $ to pay is $10K..
As long as u have gone for the JPN training, the sum to pay is $10K..so it doesnt matter whether if u have been flying or not :D

But if like me..during the May intake, sign the bond/contract but have not started training...need nt pay anything, juz keep them informed so that they can call the others up :)
(=^_^=)

babypig0630

Post by babypig0630 » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 4:36 am

Oh! I understand now. Thank you!

Have you already sign contract with JAL? And then you can delay to training? Can do this way?

3K is ok, but 10K is too much. cause JAL's salary just 2.5k per month.

leviosacho
Regular
Regular

Post by leviosacho » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 5:13 am

babypig0630 wrote:Oh! I understand now. Thank you!

Have you already sign contract with JAL? And then you can delay to training? Can do this way?

You sound like you gonna break the bond, don't think so negative about it k. If you are not sure then my advice is don't sign the bond or any bond (and end up paying it) because we all know that we can't decide the amount we need to compensate them for breaking the bond. :)

And thanks to snowss for addressing our doubts. :D

Reii

Post by Reii » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 9:34 am

okay. i'm abit confused here. ;x

will the notifications be done thru emails or calls?

any other girls here who had received the calls or smth? ;x do update here yea..

confidence=success

Post by confidence=success » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 10:29 am

they will send us by email.. n those wifout email will b by post... i tink they will call if they have stuff to ask u..

anyway, juz keep ur phone on at all times.. u wont know when the call comes ^^

potion3

Post by potion3 » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 1:40 pm

Round 1 : Self intro + read chinese passage + body check ( eg :tatoo)
(They will once again shortlist people for Round 2 interview )
Round 2 : Self intro
(They will then choose the best 20 people that think suit the job best )

How long is the training ?
-1 and half months in Singapore
-1 and half months in Japan

How much is the bond ?
Once you sign the contract , you are bonded for 20 months .
-When you are still training in Sinagpore , you have to pay $3000 to break the bond .
-When you started training in Japan , you will have to pay $10000 if you break the bond

How is the pay like ?
( amount stated after CPF , so it the total take home pay)
-During 3 month training , every month get to have abt $600
-During OJT month (1 month ) , get abt $1.6k
-After OJT , meaning you are a cabin crew already , every month you get $1.7k to $2.3k .

What are some of the countries that JAL singapore crew fly now ?
- Japan
- States ( New York , LA , San Francisco )
- Hanoi
Some very rare destination like amsterdam and honolulu ( must be extremely lucky to get these type of flight )
They no longer fly to China .

Basically to shared what I know and hopefully it helps , I get to know all this from a friend who happen to work in JAL before . She also tell me not to mixed up Japan culture as Jpop or animation , as she say is 'working culture 'to face if I really want to join ;) Advie me to really think wisely . Good luck everyone

leviosacho
Regular
Regular

Post by leviosacho » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 3:51 pm

potion3, thank you so much, your post is very helpful! =D>

So it was reduced to 2 rounds of interview? Cuz if I remember correctly it used to be 3 rounds? And if the body check is during 1st round, then we need to bring clothes to change? :-s

How long will the entire interview take? After the 2 rounds is the medical checkup? Then after which those who passed will be notified to go down for briefing and signing of bonds? :)

adluvalex
Regular
Regular

Post by adluvalex » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 7:37 pm

leviosacho wrote:potion3, thank you so much, your post is very helpful! =D>

So it was reduced to 2 rounds of interview? Cuz if I remember correctly it used to be 3 rounds? And if the body check is during 1st round, then we need to bring clothes to change? :-s

How long will the entire interview take? After the 2 rounds is the medical checkup? Then after which those who passed will be notified to go down for briefing and signing of bonds? :)
the body check is on the 2nd round of interview which is the final interview after the self intro.. yes.. u need to bring shorts and spag top to change.. it will take less than half an hr.. u will be notified after 5pm to go and have your medical checkup. after your medical checkup, if u passed the check, u will be asked to come down for contract signing..

leviosacho
Regular
Regular

Post by leviosacho » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 7:59 pm

adluvalex wrote: the body check is on the 2nd round of interview which is the final interview after the self intro.. yes.. u need to bring shorts and spag top to change.. it will take less than half an hr.. u will be notified after 5pm to go and have your medical checkup. after your medical checkup, if u passed the check, u will be asked to come down for contract signing..
Thanks for explaining. :) You are flying with JAL now? :D

adluvalex
Regular
Regular

Post by adluvalex » Sat, 25 Oct 2008 10:14 pm

leviosacho wrote:
adluvalex wrote: the body check is on the 2nd round of interview which is the final interview after the self intro.. yes.. u need to bring shorts and spag top to change.. it will take less than half an hr.. u will be notified after 5pm to go and have your medical checkup. after your medical checkup, if u passed the check, u will be asked to come down for contract signing..
yup.. im having my ojt now.. last flight pattern.. im enjoying my flights.. :D

strictly-vintage

Post by strictly-vintage » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 1:09 am

adluvalex wrote:
leviosacho wrote:
yup.. im having my ojt now.. last flight pattern.. im enjoying my flights.. :D
hi, sorry to bother you guys - i have a question regarding the body check. do girls with tattoos on their lower backs get in? i have one on my lowerback and it is the main reason holding me back from the interview.
slowly but surely...we will make it.

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 1:17 am

I did sign the contract with JAL but I didnt take up the job offer eventually. as for defer training, i guess u may have to ask the JAL personnel :)
(=^_^=)

babypig0630

Post by babypig0630 » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 2:11 am

leviosacho wrote:

You sound like you gonna break the bond, don't think so negative about it k. If you are not sure then my advice is don't sign the bond or any bond (and end up paying it) because we all know that we can't decide the amount we need to compensate them for breaking the bond. :)

And thanks to snowss for addressing our doubts. :D
no, it just I love to be a cabin crew. and I like to continue my education too. so, it's hard to making decision if i have chance to join JAL.

leviosacho
Regular
Regular

Post by leviosacho » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 3:01 am

babypig0630 wrote: no, it just I love to be a cabin crew. and I like to continue my education too. so, it's hard to making decision if i have chance to join JAL.

It really depends on what you really want between studying and working. I feel that cabin attendant is also another job, no matter what kind of benefits there are, it's still working world.

So chose wisely, find someone who understands you and discuss with them. When I was 15, I didn't want to study, now I know the importance of it after I started working and yes, qualification matters (you still need to meet the min.requirement for the job no matter how much you yearn for it, right?). :)

My sis had the same thing with you, whether to apply for it or continue studying. I told her to continue studying because it's just 1 year more.

Well, if it's something that you really interested in, then put studies first because it's very hard to start working and then go back to study again. If it's me, that will be my choice. :)

leviosacho
Regular
Regular

Post by leviosacho » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 3:11 am

adluvalex wrote: yup.. im having my ojt now.. last flight pattern.. im enjoying my flights.. :D
Wow, envy! :mrgreen: How's training in Japan like?

I so want to do training in Japan but at the same time knowing that it's not easy living in another country for weeks and coping with everything. But it's exciting. Haha~ :D