Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
simple jane

Please give me some advice.

Post by simple jane » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and after listening to what you have gone through esp. flying mice I am in awe of your courage to go under the knife. Not only that, I am also inspired to get double-eye lids too.

Can everyone share who is a good doctor as I am still a student and want to use my hard-earned savings properly. Please give me your advice. My ears are open.

meili_wudi

Post by meili_wudi » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:14 pm

hey all. couldnt really find people who has done chin augmentation here.. i have a dimpled chin, those butt chin u may call it. i'm considering a medpor implant. anyone has done this can advise the results and all? thanks
to a beautiful me~

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by ukorientalgirl » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 3:57 am

Ive just been quoted by Dr kao, 45000ntd for tiplasty and alarplasty and 25000 ntd for chin implant which is about £1250 in uk pounds which is cheap! is this right? (1 Taiwan dollar = 0.0179260384 British pounds)For the same proedures in korea at the bk clinic costs about £4000! I thought korea was meant to be in the same price range as taiwan....confused..... How reputable is Dr kao in regards to rhinoplasties?

Dr kao doesnt do buccal fat removal which am quite sad about, otherwise i would had start planning my trip to taiwan! Still cant decide at the moment, i want my nose, chin buccal removal and eyelash implants. But cant find a english speaking dr in korea that does eyelash implants and can find a surgeon in taiwan that does buccal fat removal at the moment....

Does anyone know which country Korea or Taiwan would be easier to get by in terms of not knowing the language

Simple jane-
Where at you living now? You are bound to find a good surgeon if you are based in asia. With me being in the UK there is not ONE dr that does any asian-related surgeries :(

rhpsg

Post by rhpsg » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 6:27 am

That sounds extremely reasonable. If you missed a post some time back, fellow forum member, i believe angeluv had her revision done by Dr Kao. If I may requote:
Hi all, Photos are from original nose, revision 1 and 2 with Dr Chuang, and latest revision with Dr Kao.

http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... terab3.jpg

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 9:41 am

wow ukorientalgirl, that's really cheap. I'm guessing your current nose doesn't need that much work to look really good huh? Have high bri alr?

weeles

Post by weeles » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 5:43 pm

Taiwan is indeed cheaper than Korea.

Dr Kim from Korea quoted me 2200 USD for double eyelid plus epi.

Dr Chuang from Taiwan quoted 1000 USD for the same procedures.

But yours is indeed cheap for tip and alarplasty....

weeles

Re: Please give me some advice.

Post by weeles » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 5:55 pm

simple jane wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm new here and after listening to what you have gone through esp. flying mice I am in awe of your courage to go under the knife. Not only that, I am also inspired to get double-eye lids too.

Can everyone share who is a good doctor as I am still a student and want to use my hard-earned savings properly. Please give me your advice. My ears are open.

I read that dr. Su is one of the best eyelid surgeon in Taiwan. I did a consultation w her, and she really took the time to describe the eye anatomy, examine your eyes, measuring each eye and the width between both eyes. She checked my vaccination mark on my upper arm to see if I'm keloid prone. She also asked whether I was using eyelid glue etc. And her price is reasonable.

But she didn't do my surgery. I went to dr. Chuang instead.

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by ukorientalgirl » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:50 am

wow angeluv's nose looks awesome, do you know what she had done by Dr kao, nose tip, bridge and maybe alar?

cersepn
id say my bridge is high enough naturally, but isnt as high as those noses that have an implant if that make sense. I never knew asians had implants in thier noses until I started reading these forums, i always thought all rhinoplasties were reductions!

Weeles-
That is quite a huge price difference, pretty much double! And your eyes have turned out very well too! Where are you from?

x

steering_dreams

Post by steering_dreams » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 3:25 pm

ukorientalgirl wrote:Ive just been quoted by Dr kao, 45000ntd for tiplasty and alarplasty and 25000 ntd for chin implant which is about £1250 in uk pounds which is cheap! is this right? (1 Taiwan dollar = 0.0179260384 British pounds)For the same proedures in korea at the bk clinic costs about £4000! I thought korea was meant to be in the same price range as taiwan....confused..... How reputable is Dr kao in regards to rhinoplasties?

Dr kao doesnt do buccal fat removal which am quite sad about, otherwise i would had start planning my trip to taiwan! Still cant decide at the moment, i want my nose, chin buccal removal and eyelash implants. But cant find a english speaking dr in korea that does eyelash implants and can find a surgeon in taiwan that does buccal fat removal at the moment....

Does anyone know which country Korea or Taiwan would be easier to get by in terms of not knowing the language

Simple jane-
Where at you living now? You are bound to find a good surgeon if you are based in asia. With me being in the UK there is not ONE dr that does any asian-related surgeries :(
hi there!
i have been to seoul and taipei for holidays before.
koreans cant speak chinese at all nor english fluently, taiwanese are mostly good in mandarin.
english standards in both countries are equally bad i guess.

steering_dreams

Post by steering_dreams » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 3:32 pm

i know this forum is about ps abroad!
but i cant find the forum on ps in singapore!
i had alr booked an appointment at dr woffles wu's clinic in early nov for consultation. if it's alright, most probably ps-ing in late nov or early dec.

talked to the clerk, the first thing she asked me was: "are u a local or foreigner? "
haha foreigners do come to sg for ps too??
she said for a rhinoplasty will most prob be ard 5000 to 6000 SGD.
now i heard that dr kao is experienced, im having second thoughts abt woffles wu.

rhinose
Regular
Regular

Post by rhinose » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 7:35 pm

Guys anyone tried Radiesse?

Thinking to use it for Cheek augmentation and forehead Augmentation.

Anyone know the cost and where to go?

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:04 am

hi all, how long does dr kao take to reply emails? i sent him mine a few weeks back and still no reply.. this was the email i sent to..is it right?
-----)))))))))))[email protected]
Cry when you get ripped.

shermaine

Post by shermaine » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:28 am

hello! juz wondering if any1 is currently in korea??? m recovering post op fat transplant, and just wondering if any1 else is here too??
take care!!

rhpsg

Post by rhpsg » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 3:30 pm

takuda wrote:hi all, how long does dr kao take to reply emails? i sent him mine a few weeks back and still no reply.. this was the email i sent to..is it right?
-----)))))))))))[email protected]
Maybe you would like to send him a gentle reminder - he may have missed it. He is usually quick in responding, usually within 48 - 72 hours.

steering_dreams wrote:i had alr booked an appointment at dr woffles wu's clinic in early nov for consultation. if it's alright, most probably ps-ing in late nov or early dec.

talked to the clerk, the first thing she asked me was: "are u a local or foreigner? " haha foreigners do come to sg for ps too??
she said for a rhinoplasty will most prob be ard 5000 to 6000 SGD.
now i heard that dr kao is experienced, im having second thoughts abt woffles wu.
Woffles Wu is famous for his invention of the Woffles Lift. You can rest assure that he is extremely qualified - qualifications are one thing, artistry is another. Before making your final decision, maybe looking into countries like Taiwan and Korea would be a good idea - it will give you a good comparison of price range and artistic skill. Good luck :)

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 4:57 pm

shermaine wrote:hello! juz wondering if any1 is currently in korea??? m recovering post op fat transplant, and just wondering if any1 else is here too??
take care!!
Hi shermaine! Hows your recovery? Where did you do your fat transplant? I'm going to korea in 2 days.. are you still in korea? take care!!