Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
strawberryswing

Post by strawberryswing » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 2:23 am

got my reply the next morning after sending it in. isnt it always like that? for me it is.
anyway, mine is at 3pm.!

estelle19

Post by estelle19 » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 1:08 pm

strawberryswing wrote:got my reply the next morning after sending it in. isnt it always like that? for me it is.
anyway, mine is at 3pm.!
That's what I thought! I told my friend she would get a reply in less than 24 hours (haha). Cos I've been reading the forum for ages and I see everyone getting a reply almost immediately.

xiao-gui

Post by xiao-gui » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 1:40 pm

estelle19 wrote:
strawberryswing wrote:got my reply the next morning after sending it in. isnt it always like that? for me it is.
anyway, mine is at 3pm.!
That's what I thought! I told my friend she would get a reply in less than 24 hours (haha). Cos I've been reading the forum for ages and I see everyone getting a reply almost immediately.
my friend got reply 2 days later... if your friend still havent receive anything can ask her try sending in with another email add.. keke

artificialsweet

Post by artificialsweet » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 4:37 pm

hmm, i went for interview on the 15th.. then i applied again using a different email, and i still havent get any email from them..

do they really keep track of who came for previous interviews? i hope i can try again..
i wanna fly, n fly n fly~

surfsiderose

Post by surfsiderose » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 5:07 pm

artificialsweet wrote:hmm, i went for interview on the 15th.. then i applied again using a different email, and i still havent get any email from them..

do they really keep track of who came for previous interviews? i hope i can try again..

when did you apply? i went for the interview on the 15th too, applied for the upcoming one on the 16th and got a reply within 24hrs.

wannafly

Post by wannafly » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 6:06 pm

surfsiderose wrote:
artificialsweet wrote:hmm, i went for interview on the 15th.. then i applied again using a different email, and i still havent get any email from them..

when did you apply? i went for the interview on the 15th too, applied for the upcoming one on the 16th and got a reply within 24hrs.
Hmm.. I went for the 15th interview too and applied using a different email again for the upcoming one.

But I have yet to receive any notification from them :(

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 1:29 am

My cabin crew friend mentioned that recruitment will be kept at minimum for 2009....or may even halt for a while....

Wonder if it is true....

if so,we do not have many chances to try for it...

artificialsweet

Post by artificialsweet » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 1:52 am

surfsiderose wrote:

it was on last saturday or sunday, cant really remember.. haish, i can only wait for their reply..
i wanna fly, n fly n fly~

cabincrew2b

Post by cabincrew2b » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 2:36 am

summerboy02 wrote:My cabin crew friend mentioned that recruitment will be kept at minimum for 2009....or may even halt for a while....

Wonder if it is true....

a question for you.. or maybe 2..
try and not regret? or regret not trying?
:cool:

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:22 am

juz_rei wrote:HI

May I know how long is the probation period after training?
I understand that you cannot take any leave right?
Thank you ..

can take leave but you have to show them the proof..eg..drivingg test...etc..

wannafly

Post by wannafly » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:41 am

cabincrew2b wrote:
summerboy02 wrote:My cabin crew friend mentioned that recruitment will be kept at minimum for 2009....or may even halt for a while....

Wonder if it is true....

a question for you.. or maybe 2..
try and not regret? or regret not trying?
:cool:

If a flying career is your dream and passion ... One Life Live it!

Live up to ur dream and passion. Time, youth and opportunity can never recover once its lost.

The opportunity to pursue this career is available now.

I guess those ladies who had called for the interview had met the minimum requirement for this career.

The rest of the 70% is how you carry and perform yourself during the interview and

Let the interviewers realise your potential in this career.

So ? i guess no one wanna regret and keep looking back on sth that you did not try to pursue in the past.

*My 2 cents worth of thought :o

iemuy

anyone?

Post by iemuy » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 3:11 pm

how to write a strong cover letter and also since today is the date line. what shd i submit other than my cover letter from write in?

and also is there anymore walk in interviews

az

Post by az » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 6:01 pm

hi...i also applied to SIA but havent got any news from them...

az

Post by az » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 6:03 pm

i applied twice like some of u suggested using a different email but still no go....

wannafly

Post by wannafly » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 6:34 pm

Hmm... I guess the system have track our particulars down.

Perhaps they have put some remarks for those who already applied on the 15th :?

Or we are not suppose to attend 2 interviews on the same month :( ?

*Pray Hard there is another interview coming up on the following month if no further notification is receive.