Singapore Expats

26TH AND 27TH SEPT Kingfisher recruitment

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
tinpot_dummy

Post by tinpot_dummy » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 2:31 pm

Both Jet and King Fisher are outstanding airlines. Thus as a flyer I would look for even better experience. However, I do agree that at the moment it doesn't help the confidence of a prospective applicant. Lets hope the aviation sector recovers quickly enough.

rheadarlin

Post by rheadarlin » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 4:44 pm

chichi14

Post by chichi14 » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 4:47 pm

I emailed the base manager regarding the news spreading around the net. I hope she would reply soon to clarify if there is any truth to that. I hope she can enlighten us.

rheadarlin

Post by rheadarlin » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 5:16 pm

Hey thanks alot Chichi. You've done a gr8 favour for all of us.. hopefully the base manager will have something to say.. keep us updated yeah..:)

tinpot_dummy

Post by tinpot_dummy » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 5:10 am

Ok. Things dont seem too well with Indian aviation sector right now. Jet Air just laid off 850 cabin crew members.
Jet Air lays off 850 flight attendants
This is worse then anticipated. I was reading that the growth has nosedived to less than 3% from about 25~30% last year.

chichi14

Post by chichi14 » Thu, 16 Oct 2008 1:22 pm

I just want to share this with you girls.. please take note of the highlighted part.

No lay-offs in Kingfisher for the time being: Mallya

Mallya early Thursday ruled out lay-offs among the carrier's cabin crew for the time being.

"As of today, we have no surpluses and certainly our cabin crew is intact and will retain jobs. But what is relevant today may not be so over a month. If we decide to get rid of more aircraft, because we find synergistic benefits, we will take it as it comes," Mallya told reporters after a marathon board meeting in the wee hours of Thursday.

Defending the decision of his alliance partner Jet Airways in sacking 1900 employees who were temporary or on probation, Mallya said his company's re-constituted board had discussed potential redundancies in the event of selling of aircraft.

"If we get rid of aircraft, there will be redundancy. There is no point in hiding the fact. These are commercial necessities every company has to take if it wants to be successful. We have no surplus cabin crew. And therefore there will be no redundancy whatsoever in our cabin crew side," he said.

Mallya said that the airline had sold five Airbus 340-500 aircraft recently. As a result, about 300 employees were laid-off as they were not required.

"Other than those associated directly with the operation of Airbus 340, we have no surpluses," Mallya clarified.

He added that the purpose of the alliance with Jet Airways was to save costs and maximize efficiency and profits.

From what I know, the airbus 340 is intended for routes Mumbai-Bangalore-America ( refer to wikipedia, some informations are there) and if I remember correctly, during the briefing, they mentioned that Singapore based crews are the ones who'll get this route.

If I am right with my perception and the the above news is accurate, then there is no point waiting for them to get back to us. The news merely answered our question.

syarza

Post by syarza » Sat, 18 Oct 2008 2:01 pm

has the base manager get back to anyone of you?

they're taking an awfully long time hor!!

rheadarlin

Post by rheadarlin » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:13 am

I don't know if this link will show hope.. but despite all the hu-ha over the last one week Kingfisher had a walk in interview in mumbai on saturday.. see this link
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Mumb ... 616289.cms

SQEKwannabe

Post by SQEKwannabe » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 5:43 pm

did anyone received anything from ryan ?

rheadarlin

Post by rheadarlin » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 6:04 pm

Yes, i received a mail and a phone call from him..

SQEKwannabe

Post by SQEKwannabe » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 6:27 pm

what did he say ?

rheadarlin

Post by rheadarlin » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 9:05 pm

What did mail to you? He just asked for some documents nothing else

SQEKwannabe

Post by SQEKwannabe » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 9:25 pm

same thing . Copies of passport and full name of my father . I dunno why they need it since i wasnt selected.

rheadarlin

Post by rheadarlin » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:04 pm

Hey who knows maybe they might shortlist all over again and take in guys. Some of the girls who were called by the base manager the last time didnt receive any mail this time around. When i spoke to the guy he actually mentioned that some have scanned and sent in the passport copy and For those who received the mail had not. At the same time if you notice the mail says "to complete your application documents pls send in the following document' The good news is after all the commotion last week we still have hope. Hang in there people... don't expect fast results from them especially now when things are bad in the aviation industry. They will take time to reply but eventually will... :)

chichi14

Post by chichi14 » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:18 pm

rheadarlin wrote:What did mail to you? He just asked for some documents nothing else
I see.

The last time they contacted me was last Oct 7. For the same reason; passing of documents which I still have no clear idea what for. The lady I talked to which I assumed is the assistant in charge did not clarify anything nor divulge the status of my application. She was clueless in fact.

I emailed the base manager days ago, but I did not get any email in return

:?