Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cabincrew2b

Post by cabincrew2b » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 3:04 pm

pinkpineapple wrote:but if i apply through a different email, they will still be able to see my details and name right??? and would it ever ring in their bells that i have applied before? Help Man, i am like so scared now but still want to try..

Question? intro urself, and why u want to apply for SIA? :)
1st thing, u can always apply again..
there's no ban for u unless u failed their mgt round.. its a 2mth ban i suppose? correct me if i'm wrong...

2nd thing, i think its the only way to send the application again..
me too just sent again using another email.

Question?
hmm.. its my 2nd interview.. no self intro again...
only asked 1 question.. tell me about a bad customer service encounter.
or something like that..

if only i can get your question.. its much easier than mine.. :(

Wild_Lily

Post by Wild_Lily » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 3:28 pm

Hmm, bad customer service encounter...
How did the one who got selected answer the question?

cabincrew2b

Post by cabincrew2b » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 3:48 pm

he only talk about his past experience..
seriously i also forgot.. lol..
its something bout some passbook update machine broke down thingy..

just prepare yourself with some questions before going for the interviews lor..
thats 1 question which i nv prepared.. and so unlucky, they ask me that.. zzz

pinkpineapple

Post by pinkpineapple » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 4:07 pm

to cabincrew2b: ah hah, mine had a girl and a guy as the interviewer. i do think that the guy is abit biased. he looked at the girl who got in for quite some time though. i also think it depends on luck abit. agrees? otherwise they would have recruited other pretty girls and guys too. oh wells, just my luck today. all the best to you, we must jia you together (:

cabincrew2b

Post by cabincrew2b » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 4:10 pm

mine was 2 ladies..
i wont comment on how they judge.. because i myself have not a tiny bit of idea how they choose.. haha..
anyway i agree that it depends on luck though..
if they dun like your face, HA HA HA... good luck!
probably thats y i wasn't selected.. :cool:

Together we make a difference.. <-- sounds like NDP.. :P

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 4:59 pm

creamy wrote:today was rather strict i think. I was the 3rd batch of girls to be interviewed. In my batch,round 1,only i got in. Those who got through 1st round was 1 chinese girl from the 1st batch and 3malay girls from the 2nd batch. I went to kebaya round with the 3malays girls. 2 of them got through. Sigh. Wonder if i should try again for the end oct one.
I think you should. Being the only one who got through meant that you have something they're looking for... Keep trying!! All the best~! :)

pinkpineapple

Post by pinkpineapple » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 5:17 pm

to creamy: hey i think you should give it a try again too. haha, any idea how come u managed to get in for the first round??? just wondering..hehe...

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 5:18 pm

hey guys

Can anyone who went to the interview today share how is the passing rate for the male candidates?

Do they mix the guys n girls in the first round?

thanks

cabincrew2b

Post by cabincrew2b » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 5:52 pm

summerboy02 wrote:hey guys

Can anyone who went to the interview today share how is the passing rate for the male candidates?

thanks
my grp only 2 selected for round 2..

i dun think they mix guys and girls..

lindyhoppe
Regular
Regular

Post by lindyhoppe » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 6:46 pm

summerboy02 wrote:hey guys

thanks
they do not group guys and girls together. there were 4 guys waiting from 10 to about 10.30 for more guys to turn up so that they can go in. the HR lady there said they gotta "wait for more to come".

Idenice

Post by Idenice » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 7:32 pm

Actually what is the management round about?? All 4 rounds are conducted on the same day? U will know whether u get the job just on the interview day? The SIA website mentions that candidates graduating in Mar 2009 can apply, is it true? Those who are shortlisted for the interviews, are there ppl who have not graduate yet?

artificialsweet

Post by artificialsweet » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 8:13 pm

Hi everyone, I am new here but i've been reading a lot of posts in here for quite sometime..

I went for the interview also tis morning at 9am, n got booted out at 1st round.. in my batch, only 1 got in.. she's tall n slim, n her skin look flawless.. but, her self intro was rilli short n she was like clenching her fist.. i wonder what the interviewers are looking for..

although this is my ferst time, i m quite dissapointed with myself.. i shld've went to at lest 2nd stage so at least i have the experience when i try again.. its ok its ok, i'll try again for the one on the end of this month.. but i'll need to use another email rite?

i want to apply for JAL also.. anybody else trying for this? :roll:
i wanna fly, n fly n fly~

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 8:25 pm

artificialsweet wrote:Hi everyone, I am new here but i've been reading a lot of posts in here for quite sometime..

I went for the interview also tis morning at 9am, n got booted out at 1st round.. in my batch, only 1 got in.. she's tall n slim, n her skin look flawless.. but, her self intro was rilli short n she was like clenching her fist.. i wonder what the interviewers are looking for..

although this is my ferst time, i m quite dissapointed with myself.. i shld've went to at lest 2nd stage so at least i have the experience when i try again.. its ok its ok, i'll try again for the one on the end of this month.. but i'll need to use another email rite?

i want to apply for JAL also.. anybody else trying for this? :roll:
Maybe she got through because she can spell correctly? Nothing personal AS, I mean what does ferst, rilli, rite, and shldve mean ? If you cant be bothered to write the whole word out or use a spell check, then it gives the impression you are lazy or thick. Not the sort they are looking for or I want to fly with should an emergency occur.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 9:03 pm

QRM wrote:
Maybe she got through because she can spell correctly? Nothing personal AS, I mean what does ferst, rilli, rite, and shldve mean ? If you cant be bothered to write the whole word out or use a spell check, then it gives the impression you are lazy or thick. Not the sort they are looking for or I want to fly with should an emergency occur.
Don't even bother QRM, it is a waste of time trying to help so many here who are clearly smug, arrogant, conceited and unwilling to admit or be told their shortcomings even when one's efforts are well intentioned! No doubt a good many here will think I am just that 'bloody ang moh' who will not mind his own business. For those who fall into that category, be it on your own head! :roll:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 9:28 pm

Oh........Plavt....Please don't give up on us :kiss: :console: :in love: :love: