Singapore Expats

rebonding or perming?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
estrella
Regular
Regular

rebonding or perming?

Post by estrella » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:22 pm

anyone ever tried wonder wave from loreal before? im so tempted to give it a try. i need to do something to my hair, i have a shoulder length hair but its kind of fizzy. i dont know whether perming or rebonding works best for me?

tiarajoe

Post by tiarajoe » Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:10 pm

hmmm.. i tried once.. its better for the hair as it doesnt use heat.. however, it doesnt last long.. like 2 to 3 months.. hope this helps

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blue Sapphire » Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:42 pm

I've tried rebonding. I've got frizzy wavy hair and the results were perfect except maybe too perfect as my hair became as straight as a pencil. It was too flat with no volume. As my natural hair grew the difference was quite noticeable. I had really long hair, now its shoulder lenght as I'm trying to get rid of the rebonded hair (its permanent!).

Oh, theres also 2 types of rebonding, soft and hard. I did hard and thats the one that makes your hair pencil straight. I think soft gets rid of the frizziness but I havent tried that so cant confirm its effects. At the time when I asked for rebonding they didnt even tell me there was 2 types :-(

I know when we ladies get bored we end up wanting to do something with our hair hehe

mummybee

hair rebonding recommendation?

Post by mummybee » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 2:34 pm

Blue Sapphire, can I find out the name and stylist of your hairdresser please? I have just relocated to Singapore and would like recommendations from personal experience of a good place to do hair rebonding. Would you highly recommend this place to me? Many thanks.

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hair rebonding recommendation?

Post by Blue Sapphire » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 3:27 pm

mummybee wrote:Blue Sapphire, can I find out the name and stylist of your hairdresser please? I have just relocated to Singapore and would like recommendations from personal experience of a good place to do hair rebonding. Would you highly recommend this place to me? Many thanks.
Here is the link to the salon:
http://www.js.com.sg/salon_hair_services.htm

I would recommend them for rebonding but do go there for a consultation first. Note that there is also soft rebonding. Some salons dont offer hard rebonding anymore.

I would also recommend Toni & Guy. They give better consultation and listen to you. But their charges are extremely expensive.

mummybee

Post by mummybee » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 5:19 pm

Blue Sapphire, thanks for the prompt reply!

With J's salon, is there a particular stylist you would recommend? I like their website - looks v professional.

Similarly with Toni and Guy, I checked out their website and they have branches in Heeren and East Coast Rd. Is there a particular branch I should go to? The one along East Coast Rd is close to where I live but would this be the smaller (translate = fewer good stylists?) one?

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blue Sapphire » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:10 am

mummybee wrote:Blue Sapphire, thanks for the prompt reply!

With J's salon, is there a particular stylist you would recommend? I like their website - looks v professional.

Similarly with Toni and Guy, I checked out their website and they have branches in Heeren and East Coast Rd. Is there a particular branch I should go to? The one along East Coast Rd is close to where I live but would this be the smaller (translate = fewer good stylists?) one?
At J's salon I dont remember names but I do recommend you go for consultation first with one with the head stylist. Thats one thing I've learnt here, it may cost more but better to let the head stylist/director do your hair than some trainee.

Toni & Guy, I went to the one at Heeren. One of the directors did my hair.

You could always try a few places for a simple wash and blow to test their service & expertise. But then it all depends on your type of hair. Alot of salons are use to handling straight hair.

I have curly hair so I'm still looking around for places that can understand my hair. Toni & Guy is ok but they really charge too much.

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”