Singapore Expats

GMAT prep school...any recommendations?????

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

GMAT prep school...any recommendations?????

Post by kingajit » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 4:00 pm

Hi frens,
any one considering to take a GMAT prep course offered by :
http://www.gmat-zone.com/index.htm
or
http://www.highq.com.sg/gmat_main.htm
or
http://www.tes.edu.sg/category.aspx?cat=3&cid=5
or any other?????

I intend to take one of the above.....any recommendations for the GMAT prep course????
thanks

postmodernista

Post by postmodernista » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:51 am

Hey there,

I'm just about to complete the GMAT test prep by High Q. I took the option of the PTP, which is the personal training option.

They're quite good, because they teach you short cuts and identification of traps in the GMAT exam. They're also pretty well established. I did my SAT prep from them too a few years ago when I was in high school.

Good luck!
I heart bunnies!

daniel.crean

Post by daniel.crean » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:25 am

hi there

don't know about the other ones, I took the GMAT Zone, they have about 5 trainers, and I worked with several of them.

my experience was good, I got 720 which is more or less what i wanted, mainly I thought they were very personalised in their service, and you can keep coming back to them for help. I did a group class but they let me call back in for tuition in difficult areas.

content wise, I found their notes easy to understand, and their trainers are really passionate, with a lot of experience. I'd recommend checking them out.

Daniel Crean
Mean Machine

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by kingajit » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:57 pm

hi postmodernista & daniel
Thanks for your valuable feedback. I was more inclined towards TES because of their affiliation with Princeton Review. However Princeton does not directly conduct it in sg and uses TES.
From the feedback that you guys have given, I am again back to square one......i.e. the dilemma of which one to go for????

daniel.crean

trials

Post by daniel.crean » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 1:06 pm

kingajit wrote:hi postmodernista & daniel
Thanks for your valuable feedback. I was more inclined towards TES because of their affiliation with Princeton Review. However Princeton does not directly conduct it in sg and uses TES.
From the feedback that you guys have given, I am again back to square one......i.e. the dilemma of which one to go for????
got it...

well, just head down to the centres, speak with their people and see which one works for you. I found hat worked for me, you get a feel for which one is the best choice by meeting the people.

call Nagitha or Michael at the GMAT Zone, can't remember the high q rep, she was a chinese lady I recall

ANyhow, best fo luck, the GMAT is quite a ride! I enjoyed it though, in the beginning it was TOUGH. But I'm glad I went through it

Daniel Crean
Mean Machine

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

Re: trials

Post by kingajit » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 1:34 pm

daniel.crean wrote:
kingajit wrote:hi postmodernista & daniel
got it...

well, just head down to the centres, speak with their people and see which one works for you. I found hat worked for me, you get a feel for which one is the best choice by meeting the people.

call Nagitha or Michael at the GMAT Zone, can't remember the high q rep, she was a chinese lady I recall

ANyhow, best fo luck, the GMAT is quite a ride! I enjoyed it though, in the beginning it was TOUGH. But I'm glad I went through it
Thanks Daniel,
Will be going there today afternoon to visit all 3!
Cheers

postmodernista

Post by postmodernista » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 2:09 pm

Oh the person from High Q is Rokiah Kartimon.

Good luck!
I heart bunnies!

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by kingajit » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 2:45 pm

Hi postmodernista,
I visited the 3 prep schools yesterday...and was impressed with
http://www.gmat-zone.com/index.html
I will be attending a free introductory session before I decide to register.
Cheers

chenlo

Post by chenlo » Fri, 10 Oct 2008 1:48 am

Hi all, just activated my account. Nice to know that there's such a place to talk about GMAT Prep.

I am seeking for a prep course to attend but still stuck between HighQ and GmatZone. If anyone here intends to take on the prep course and have some recommendation, please let me know k? Thanks heaps!

chenlo

Post by chenlo » Fri, 10 Oct 2008 1:51 am

kingajit wrote:Hi postmodernista,
Cheers
Hi Kingajit, mind to exchange ideas about gmat course? Was considering bout Gmatzone as well but am unsure corz the class was too short - not sure if I will get prepared by then.

PM me if you can since I juz joined and cant really send out any PM yet.
Thanks!

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by kingajit » Fri, 10 Oct 2008 9:52 am

chenlo wrote:
kingajit wrote:Hi postmodernista,
Cheers
Hi Kingajit, mind to exchange ideas about gmat course? Was considering bout Gmatzone as well but am unsure corz the class was too short - not sure if I will get prepared by then.

PM me if you can since I juz joined and cant really send out any PM yet.
Thanks!
hi Chenlo,
i have enrolled myself with GMATZONE, I am doing a one to one with them. The reason i choose them is because i have a erratic work schedule and they r willing to offer me almost unlimited support. Since I am 35 now & I have lost touch with my high school basics I require more time compared to a fresh grad. Gmat zone is willing to offer me that kind of support and flexibility even after the course is over.
However,They are also the most expensive..... :(
U can visit them & check them out. If not the gmatzone....then i recommend u the HighQ as ur 2nd choice.
cheers

chenlo

Post by chenlo » Sat, 11 Oct 2008 2:38 am

Yeah, am thinking a long that line too. Gmatzone seems ok but they are too expensive with the number of hours they offer. Read comments about Gmatzone, HighQ and also others like Veritas or MLIS. Veritas seems ok with the price and program, but there are also a lot of negative comments about them from MLIS. Thus it's a hard call as to which course to join.

Anyway, good luck for your course.

daniel.crean

Post by daniel.crean » Sun, 12 Oct 2008 9:19 am

chenlo wrote:Yeah, am thinking a long that line too. Gmatzone seems ok but they are too expensive with the number of hours they offer. Read comments about Gmatzone, HighQ and also others like Veritas or MLIS. Veritas seems ok with the price and program, but there are also a lot of negative comments about them from MLIS. Thus it's a hard call as to which course to join.

Anyway, good luck for your course.
Hi chenlo

I had more than enough materials etc from GMAT Zone, and I'll tell you something else they offer terrific service.

MLIS are crazy people they bad mouth everyone, I mean they are competition for veritas and all they can do is bad mouth. Any company that just bad mouths its opposition is showing their character if you ask me. they they offer like traveling courses, come on.

kingajit, say hi to the guys in the Zone for me, don't worry, your money is well spent. Chenlo, I wish you well too, but I have no problems about the hundred bucks difference between the courses. there's a reason you pay more for high quality goods

Daniel Crean
Mean Machine

cykhor

Re: GMAT prep school...any recommendations?????

Post by cykhor » Mon, 08 Dec 2008 9:38 pm

[quote="kingajit"]Hi frens,
any one considering to take a GMAT prep course offered by :
http://www.gmat-zone.com/index.htm
or
http://www.highq.com.sg/gmat_main.htm
or
http://www.tes.edu.sg/category.aspx?cat=3&cid=5
or any other?????

I intend to take one of the above.....any recommendations for the GMAT prep course????
thanks[/quote]

Hi,

Think you might have started your Gmat journey and would like to know how do you feel about the course. I'm thinking to take the Gmat course as well but also wondering which one to join!!!

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by kingajit » Mon, 08 Dec 2008 10:21 pm

hi
i have just started with Gmat zone
they r good!