Singapore Expats

Do You Think Singaporeans Are Too Easily Irritated ?????????

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Joy-Lee

Do You Think Singaporeans Are Too Easily Irritated ?????????

Post by Joy-Lee » Sat, 05 Feb 2005 4:45 pm

1. Do you think Singaporeans are too easily irritated by the smallest things around them?

2. Are most of us getting less and less tolerant?

Just want to know your opinions. Feel free to voice out. 8)

SXS

Post by SXS » Sat, 05 Feb 2005 4:50 pm

ye, i oso wonder y

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Sat, 05 Feb 2005 7:10 pm

Yes - Singaporeans are easy to irritate.

Ah Lau

Post by Ah Lau » Sat, 05 Feb 2005 7:34 pm

Bafana wrote:Yes - Singaporeans are easy to irritate.

Aiya we all like sampa people... our ego like biscuit...very easy to crumble...take things too seriously....like one stare means wanna kill u like that....very thin skin...We live in big city...but in our minds we are still living in sampa(village). Actually, HDB is multi-storied sampa. We should really lighten up and smile more :lol:

Whats

Singaporeans

Post by Whats » Sat, 05 Feb 2005 9:25 pm

Yes, Singaporeans are easily agitated especially on the roads...but somehow Caucasians too, can be quite reckless drivers on the roads...

Grace

Post by Grace » Sat, 05 Feb 2005 10:48 pm

i feel singaporeans are pretty egoistic and we are easily slighted by even the most unimportant thing

Post by Guest » Sat, 05 Feb 2005 10:58 pm

Most people have lost touch with their spiritual self.

A person, being spiritually fulfilled and stable, is less easily irritated. The mind probably needs some inner healing.

Just as people may look absolutely normal by appearance, may not be as psychologically normal as we think.

Post by Guest » Sun, 06 Feb 2005 4:21 am

This thread is irritating me.

Sonus
Regular
Regular

Re: Singaporeans

Post by Sonus » Tue, 08 Feb 2005 11:09 pm

Whats wrote:Yes, Singaporeans are easily agitated especially on the roads...but somehow Caucasians too, can be quite reckless drivers on the roads...
Me as a Pedestrian, Cyclist, Passenger and a Driver. I also agreed that S'poreans are much more agitated on the roads. If you people ever been to BKK, you will notice the cars simply jump queue anytime anywhere but other drivers are very willing to let you jump queue without the need to sound their horn. Another thing they are allowed to speed up when necessary, small roads they also can go 80km/h. This allows drivers reach destinations faster and thus lesser frustration.

One reason why S'poreans are that agitated is there are too much restrictions on the road.

1) Speed Limit
2) Road Hogging
3) Bad Lane Changing
4) Lots of speed cameras

All these crap makes driving in Singapore damm unenjoyable. Imagine when your speed reaches 90+, you started to feel being watched or monitored. The amount of controls makes drivers feel freedomless and the heck of spending thousands of dollars just to get the car on the road. Driving in Singapore is like a player in a Xbox game. You are being under controlled.

Aussie person

Re: Singaporeans

Post by Aussie person » Wed, 09 Feb 2005 11:26 am

Sonus wrote:
Whats wrote:Yes, Singaporeans are easily agitated especially on the roads...but somehow Caucasians too, can be quite reckless drivers on the roads...
Me as a Pedestrian, Cyclist, Passenger and a Driver. I also agreed that S'poreans are much more agitated on the roads. If you people ever been to BKK, you will notice the cars simply jump queue anytime anywhere but other drivers are very willing to let you jump queue without the need to sound their horn. Another thing they are allowed to speed up when necessary, small roads they also can go 80km/h. This allows drivers reach destinations faster and thus lesser frustration.

One reason why S'poreans are that agitated is there are too much restrictions on the road.

1) Speed Limit
2) Road Hogging
3) Bad Lane Changing
4) Lots of speed cameras

All these crap makes driving in Singapore damm unenjoyable. Imagine when your speed reaches 90+, you started to feel being watched or monitored. The amount of controls makes drivers feel freedomless and the heck of spending thousands of dollars just to get the car on the road. Driving in Singapore is like a player in a Xbox game. You are being under controlled.

One thing I can say in favour of Singaporeans. Even though they are impatient on the road, and use the lines on the road only as a "guide" (esp taxis), I rarely come across the road-rager like what I do back at home.

Noone's ever chased me with their cars here because I've cut them off, or high-beamed me for several kilometers, or got out of their cars at the next red light to approach me and hurl abuse.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Wed, 09 Feb 2005 2:30 pm

Last edited by dot dot dot on Sun, 21 May 2006 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Thu, 10 Feb 2005 3:08 am

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Totally agree with aussie person,

Back in Holland lots of examples of people cutting you off, getting out of their cars and molest you...

Here there is not even a verbal fight (unless you're a ceo of a cab company... :shock: ).

And regarding driving in BKK: I also was surprised to see how easy you can change lanes when needed, no problem at all. But on the other hand, try to reach 90 Km p/h over there... :?

happy new year all of you!

Eric
Happy New To You 2 Eric :D

merlin69

Singaporeans are too easily irritating.

Post by merlin69 » Wed, 16 Feb 2005 7:26 am

Singaporeans are too easily irritating.

Bafana

Re: Singaporeans are too easily irritating.

Post by Bafana » Wed, 16 Feb 2005 3:32 pm

merlin69 wrote:Singaporeans are too easily irritating.
LOL.

Do you mean they get irritated quickly or do they irritate you quickly???

Or Both??? :wink:

Missy

Post by Missy » Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:13 pm

becos we are living in a fast moving little city...everything progress fast ..thats y we are impatient ppl, cannot wait...thus, gets irritated/agitated/stressed easily....pls forgive us... :wink: