Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
splendioria

Nose and eyelid surgery.

Post by splendioria » Wed, 01 Oct 2008 2:14 am

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but I am really interested in this Dr. Nara person.

While I see tonnes of nose surgery photos, I am unable to find any for eyes. Anyone has any experience on that?

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: Nose and eyelid surgery.

Post by aadvark » Wed, 01 Oct 2008 3:23 am

splendioria wrote:Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but I am really interested in this Dr. Nara person.

While I see tonnes of nose surgery photos, I am unable to find any for eyes. Anyone has any experience on that?
just posted my eye pix a few pages back, keep reading :)
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

inlovewifvintage

To do..or not to do...

Post by inlovewifvintage » Wed, 01 Oct 2008 6:33 am

Hello everyone, :)

I have been reading this thread for weeks and done my homework on PS. I've seen the before and after pictures featured here and I'm pretty much impressed by Dr. Nara's rhino work. :D

Plastic surgery is really really tempting me. I would like to get rhinoplasty and maybe alar done. My bridge is medium in height, however I'm considering giving it some height and a more refined and smaller tip. (That's my main concern.)

However I have a problem which is giving me worries and making me think twice before going ahead with surgery. My parents and bf are totally against PS. However I believe that my folks might be cool with it after some persuasion as I'm just making a small change to improve on my appearance and self esteem.

And now to my....

Problem: My boyfriend will totally go bonkers and get insanely pissed off if he found out that I actually flew to Thailand to get PS done. No amount of persuasion can make him change his mind about PS.

Questions:

Question 1: I would like to know the number of days it will take for the bruising and swelling to subside. It doesn't have to subside completely, just a "not so obvious" amount so that my bf wouldn't notice that I had a nose job done when I meet up with him.

I'm so not gonna meet him til the major, obvious swelling/bruising period is over.

Question 2: Do you reckon my appearance will have a drastic or obvious change that will immediately spell out "I've altered my nose"? I'm so afraid that he will notice the change in my looks.

So yeah, these are my questions that I desperately seek answers from u guys. He's just not the kind of guy who would want a "plastic" gf even if it's just a tiny bit of alteration done. So these questions are really haunting me now. I would like to get it done soon once I feel secure that he wouldn't notice that I went under the knife. God knows what will happen if he finds out. :cry:

Just need a little reassurance and I will start booking my appointment at Dr Nara's clinic. Thanks a lot for reading this post guys. Looking forward to getting my answers and hopefully a nose job done soon. :)

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated.

dreampotion
Regular
Regular

Post by dreampotion » Wed, 01 Oct 2008 12:30 pm

i have a about 4 friends who changed their nose in school, and from what i observed, usually people will just wonder what is it that is different about you, until you say it.
only those who like know about fillers and ps will prob notice :D

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: To do..or not to do...

Post by aadvark » Wed, 01 Oct 2008 3:41 pm

inlovewifvintage wrote:Hello everyone, :)

I have been reading this thread for weeks and done my homework on PS. I've seen the before and after pictures featured here and I'm pretty much impressed by Dr. Nara's rhino work. :D

Plastic surgery is really really tempting me. I would like to get rhinoplasty and maybe alar done. My bridge is medium in height, however I'm considering giving it some height and a more refined and smaller tip. (That's my main concern.)

However I have a problem which is giving me worries and making me think twice before going ahead with surgery. My parents and bf are totally against PS. However I believe that my folks might be cool with it after some persuasion as I'm just making a small change to improve on my appearance and self esteem.

And now to my....

Problem: My boyfriend will totally go bonkers and get insanely pissed off if he found out that I actually flew to Thailand to get PS done. No amount of persuasion can make him change his mind about PS.

Questions:

Question 1: I would like to know the number of days it will take for the bruising and swelling to subside. It doesn't have to subside completely, just a "not so obvious" amount so that my bf wouldn't notice that I had a nose job done when I meet up with him.

I'm so not gonna meet him til the major, obvious swelling/bruising period is over.

Question 2: Do you reckon my appearance will have a drastic or obvious change that will immediately spell out "I've altered my nose"? I'm so afraid that he will notice the change in my looks.

So yeah, these are my questions that I desperately seek answers from u guys. He's just not the kind of guy who would want a "plastic" gf even if it's just a tiny bit of alteration done. So these questions are really haunting me now. I would like to get it done soon once I feel secure that he wouldn't notice that I went under the knife. God knows what will happen if he finds out. :cry:

Just need a little reassurance and I will start booking my appointment at Dr Nara's clinic. Thanks a lot for reading this post guys. Looking forward to getting my answers and hopefully a nose job done soon. :)

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated.
last dec, i went to nara with a girl who was afraid her bf wld find out too... he never did :) 2-3 weeks is enough for it to look pretty normal. throw in a pair of new glasses to throw him off track :)

daybreakk
Regular
Regular

Post by daybreakk » Wed, 01 Oct 2008 6:19 pm

Hey anyone keen to go to Hatyai on the 24 of October? I haven't bought ticket yet. Any guys wanna tag along. I'm a guy too

inlovewifvintage

Post by inlovewifvintage » Thu, 02 Oct 2008 3:40 am

Thanks guys for replying my post questions. :)

I was wondering if rhino+alar are enough to make the base of my nose appear smaller in width and more refined?

And I would love to know the rough amount of money I would need to spend in total, rhino+alar surgery(Dr Nara)+hotel+airfare.

Thanks in advance. :)

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Thu, 02 Oct 2008 11:56 am

inlovewifvintage wrote:Thanks guys for replying my post questions. :)

I was wondering if rhino+alar are enough to make the base of my nose appear smaller in width and more refined?

And I would love to know the rough amount of money I would need to spend in total, rhino+alar surgery(Dr Nara)+hotel+airfare.

Thanks in advance. :)
prices etc are quite clear in nara's website http://www.dr-nara.com
Hotel pricing you can look thru sites like http://www.hotelthailand.com and also the airfares from the budget airlines http://www.jetstarasia.com and http://www.airasia.com

rhinose
Regular
Regular

Post by rhinose » Thu, 02 Oct 2008 8:00 pm

HI just wondering, alar just shift the base of the flars narrower right/

If so, wont it create a fold?

or do they just remove ome chunk of the skin?

dreampotion
Regular
Regular

Post by dreampotion » Sat, 04 Oct 2008 2:18 am

aadvark, i remembered reading somewhere that your body tend to heal fast after surgery, did you take any extra care to take care of your wounds?

cos when i did fat transfer and lipo, my doc emphasized and was very particular about changing the dressings, as it is very vulnerable to get infected. he even scold patients who use ordinary plasters because only sterilized gauze should be used.

how do we prevent infections? stronger antibiotics? where can we get the cream and gauze should we get?

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 04 Oct 2008 12:57 pm

dreampotion wrote:aadvark, i remembered reading somewhere that your body tend to heal fast after surgery, did you take any extra care to take care of your wounds?

cos when i did fat transfer and lipo, my doc emphasized and was very particular about changing the dressings, as it is very vulnerable to get infected. he even scold patients who use ordinary plasters because only sterilized gauze should be used.

how do we prevent infections? stronger antibiotics? where can we get the cream and gauze should we get?
LOL, no no, u read properly, i said my body is retarded, heal very slowly...
hence had to go research etc on stuff to speed up recovery.

Stuff i use:
-Sineech
-Pineapples (Bromelin in it helps reduce swelling)
-Papayas (help prevent infection, papayas act as natural antibiotics)
-Fish essence from Eu Yan Sang (always been a traditional chinese usage for healing)

babyjess

Post by babyjess » Sat, 04 Oct 2008 9:28 pm

aadvarrk! could you pm me your msn address?
m going to hatyai & really need some of your guidance.

babyjess

Post by babyjess » Sat, 04 Oct 2008 9:35 pm

oh those who have gone to hatyai, how do u usually go?
i cant seem 2 find a direct flight from here to there =o
any tips?

E-clipse

Post by E-clipse » Sun, 05 Oct 2008 7:22 pm

hi guys! i'm new here. been watching this thread for quite some time and i decided to go to nara's this dec. anybody is going there too?

allthatjazz

Re: What did you have done?

Post by allthatjazz » Sun, 05 Oct 2008 8:45 pm

splendioria wrote:
allthatjazz wrote:hi all... just wanna share some of my before and after nose pics with you guys. i love my new nose! the tip is still a little swollen but it's already nice enough for me. one thing i just can't stand is that my colleagues keep telling me i look "different" but they can't figure out why. and they keep staring at my face and scrutinizing it. =/

btw... anybody did botox at Dr. Nara's before? my mom is interested. hehe. botox is generally pretty safe right?
Hi, I really like what Nara did for you. Just wanted to check which procedure it is that you got done. How much in advance do you need to book it? And how much did it cost you?

Thanks a lot.
i did alarlasty and nose implant, total cost is 10,000 baht which is about S$400. =) i booked about 6 weeks in advance i think, but i was just being kiasu. i booked an appointment then went to book the free and easy at grassland. don't wanna book my coach and hotel then be told that Nara can't see me! also, 3 days before your appointment you need to call them again to re-confirm, otherwise your appointment will be cancelled.