Singapore Expats

Feed back on Australian International School Singapore

Discuss various International School options for your children here.
EDC

Post by EDC » Mon, 29 Sep 2008 4:27 pm

Thanks Samp1 but very happy to announce we have got both of our children into Chatsworth and will be arriving in Singapore in just over 10 weeks!

Madly packing boxes for longterm storage, and culling big time! Looking forward to a quiet Chardonnay on the terrace once we arrive!

EDC

hometutors.sg

Post by hometutors.sg » Mon, 29 Sep 2008 5:02 pm

Kells wrote:My 5 year old son and 3 yr old daughter started at AIS this January and we have been very happy. Choosing a school is a personal decision and will depend on your family's values and your children's strength's/weaknesses, etc. I would highly recommend having a look at a couple of schools if you get a chance to visit Singapore before actually move.

I know that AIS is opening up its new junior school building tin increase capacity in term 3 so their waiting list may not be as bad as some of the others International Schools.

Feel free to ask me any other specific questions you have about AIS, as i know how stressful it is to move a family especially with children just starting school
Agreed. You have to decide if you want your child to study IGCSE / IB / National exams in future. Other schools include overseas family school , united world college, American school and etc.

Leemmo

Post by Leemmo » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 12:30 pm

Sorry I did not get back sooner EDC I pm to girlpower and have not logged onto this site for a while.

Glad to hear you will be joining us at Chatsworth East we are very happy there. I know it does not look as flash as some of the larger school as it is a small campus but they are improving it, recently putting in a new library and white boards and other things so we will get there.
And things like the small classes and being able to have swimming lessons every week through out the year rather than only 8-10 lessons a year like some of the large schools because they have so many children to divide the time by, is a big bonus.
And at the end of the day you have to be happy with the teaching and so far we have had no major problems as all the teachers have an open door policy, so they welcome any parents who might need to discuss anything.

Well good look with the move and you never know we might bump into one another one day.

Lee :D
Lee

Garth

AIS Older KIds

Post by Garth » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 3:23 pm

Hi , My son is 16 and I may be moving up next year. Everyone seems to have very young children and I heard senior school was not up to scratch. We are from Queensland.

hookedtothenet

Post by hookedtothenet » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 9:59 am

Leemmo wrote: From what I gather any child going the other way (back to Aus.) will be ahead of their class.

Good luck! :)
Yes, Our neighbour here in Sydney is a local primary school teacher and she said the same that the students are way ahead, even the one's that didn't attend the AIS.

Hope to get our son into Chatsworth in Dec/Jan.

splat

Re: AIS Older KIds

Post by splat » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:09 pm

Garth wrote:Hi , My son is 16 and I may be moving up next year. Everyone seems to have very young children and I heard senior school was not up to scratch. We are from Queensland.
you will have a problem. The AIS like for the kids to do yr 11 and 12 together. You can't just come in and do yr 12. Your son might have to repeat Year 11. If you put him in another school he will have to wait until August to start 2 years of the IB.

itsdanniuk

Heyy

Post by itsdanniuk » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:47 pm

Well, I'm 17 & I study in a local sch. But, i've got friends taking IB courses in Chatsworth so I don't think it's that bad (:

Danni

andaluc

Post by andaluc » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:53 pm

EDC wrote:Thanks Samp1 but very happy to announce we have got both of our children into Chatsworth and will be arriving in Singapore in just over 10 weeks!

Madly packing boxes for longterm storage, and culling big time! Looking forward to a quiet Chardonnay on the terrace once we arrive!

EDC
So a year or so on, how are things working out at Chatsworth East for you and your sons. I am considering putting my kids in, so would really appreciate any feedback. Thanks

satishbhawra38

Post by satishbhawra38 » Mon, 28 Sep 2009 6:18 am

I was wondering if anyone who has (or know of) children attending (or attended) the school can provide me with some feedback on both the pros & cons of the school.