Singapore Expats

Teeth Whitening

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
felixtwp

Post by felixtwp » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:31 am

yes yes gf do email me the details too pls? im interested in whitening my teeth.. pretty stained from smoking... are u able to recommend any tooth whitening gel and natural remedies for teeth whitening.. any one here has tried the mango leaves remedy b4? hw are the results?
only injuries can stop me from being the best

gf
Regular
Regular

Post by gf » Thu, 18 Sep 2008 4:10 pm

felixtwp wrote:yes yes gf do email me the details too pls? im interested in whitening my teeth.. pretty stained from smoking... are u able to recommend any tooth whitening gel and natural remedies for teeth whitening.. any one here has tried the mango leaves remedy b4? hw are the results?
hi there i have emailed both of you with details of the whitening process etc.
i havent personally tried any of the "natural remedies" before so cant really comment on whether it works.
There are some whitening toothpastes on the market, they might work for you if your darkened teeth are due to smoking stains and not because the intrinsic colour of the tooth. Even then, you'd have to use for a longer period of time before you can see any effect.
hope this helps
cheers

mail_lum

Post by mail_lum » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:03 am

Hi gf,

i would like to find out more about teeth whitening, can you PM me your clinic's website and details please? thank you :)

Dazzlea

Post by Dazzlea » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 1:46 am

Dont go to Fabulous White, wasted my money a few months back, maybe as what the previous posters had said about not being real trained dentists doing the job (no polishing/scaling done pre whitening maybe thats why not as effective =( )

The service/staffs were great, friendly and everything, but the effect of the whitening isnt to my expectation (gums and teeths are now very sensitive too) :(

Heard zoom whitening is good, but dont know if i want to spend my money to test it out yet (big hole in pocket still :cry: )

gf
Regular
Regular

Post by gf » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:16 am

mail_lum wrote:Hi gf,

i would like to find out more about teeth whitening, can you PM me your clinic's website and details please? thank you :)
sure np. i pm-ed you.

imsimplicity

Teeth whitening

Post by imsimplicity » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:27 pm

Hi gf! if u dun mind could u pm me ur website n details? i was thinking of doing whitening too! thanks! :D

ihatechinesefood

Post by ihatechinesefood » Thu, 25 Sep 2008 9:42 pm

i tried crest white strips, my teeth lighten alot leh
the caffeine and ciggy stains faded like 70%

gf
Regular
Regular

Post by gf » Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:58 pm

ihatechinesefood wrote:i tried crest white strips, my teeth lighten alot leh
the caffeine and ciggy stains faded like 70%
If the stains are extrinsic, then such strips may work. If the darker colour of the teeth are intrinsic in nature, then they wont be effective.

Actually, if the stains are extrinsic, like caffeine etc, then just a thorough scaling and polishing will do the job.
:D

aneles
Regular
Regular

Post by aneles » Sat, 27 Sep 2008 1:10 pm

i also tried the crest white strips & they were rather effective. At least 1-2 shades lighter. Not dramatic but worth the money spent.

sun220

Post by sun220 » Sun, 28 Sep 2008 11:10 pm

hi gf,
can i have the details of the different whitening processes and the clinic's contact as well?

thanks!

lyk

Post by lyk » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 6:31 am

Hi gf, appreciate if you could pm me your clinic website and details as my wife would like to have her teeth whitened. Rgds. :D

minxue

whitening

Post by minxue » Tue, 07 Oct 2008 12:55 am

Hi, gf

can email me your clinic weddie as well?

Thanks
Joey

[email protected]

Nuggets

teeth whitening

Post by Nuggets » Tue, 07 Oct 2008 12:03 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm pretty new here..
would like to know more about whitening..
I use to use crest white from states..
They are pretty effective but does not last long enough.

I happen to bump into this forum and hope to find out more about teeth whitening..

Hi gf..i saw ur replies tt you are a dentist..is it possible for you to pm me ur clinic..so i can make a appt?

Thanks! :D

gf
Regular
Regular

whitening

Post by gf » Wed, 08 Oct 2008 12:16 am

hi all,
sorry for the late replies, been busy.
i've pm-ed replied those of you who sent me questions/queries.
hope it helps you guys.

looks like some of us have some experience with crest white strips. Seems like they're effective but don't last long.
I personally have not tried them myself, looks like i should give them a try so that i can compare.

cheers! :D
gf

Nuggets

teeth whitening

Post by Nuggets » Wed, 08 Oct 2008 10:38 am

Thanks for ur reply GF!

Well the thing bout crest white is that some might feel discomfortable after using it.
A friend of mine experience discomfort after using, like numbness of gums and lips.

As for me, the strips does whitening my teeth but not total white.
Top part of the tooth is white while bottom still remain yellowish.

Will sure make an appt with you!

See ya soon!