Singapore Expats

Your experiences with dentists in Singapore?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Sophie

Your experiences with dentists in Singapore?

Post by Sophie » Thu, 18 Oct 2007 7:53 pm

Hi to all, I would like to hear about your experiences with dentists here in Sg. I need to find a dentist I can trust since I have something more serious things to fix. I gotta to be sure that I go to the right place..
I heard about all commertials, but what would be interesting to hear is your stories.. Someone to recommend? Were u satesfied with the results?

newbrit

Post by newbrit » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 1:45 am

A friend recommended Smile Focus to me - which is in the Camden Medical centre on Orchard Blvd. I've only been for a check up - but my boyfriend had some pretty serious tooth pain and went there to get it sorted, which went well.

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asian_Geekette » Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:35 am

I went to Lam Dental Clinic in Orchard Building since my ceramic filling got chipped. Then I went back for cleaning. The dentist Dr. Chow was very professional and caring. I'd definitely recommend her.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

beanbean

Post by beanbean » Tue, 23 Oct 2007 9:29 am

Well yest I jus went to tis clinic at sengkang de dentist is very good n patience. he explain very details n clearly to me. :wink:

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by cbavasi » Sat, 26 Apr 2008 7:47 am

I've had a lot of dental work done at Smile Focus in Camden Medical Center. My husband and I both see Dr. Bell (from NZ). I've also had 2 root canals (redo from dodgy ones I got in Jakarta) from Dr. McCulley (endodontist) same practice.

derricko

Post by derricko » Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:19 pm

went to smile cliniques at bukit timah for cleaning the other day. All my stains and tartar are removed! Great job.! and the dentist is v gentle.whole process takes abt 30 mins. paid only $60 for scaling, polishing and air polishing. very different from my previous "bloody" experience!! :D

Tom28

Re: Your experiences with dentists in Singapore?

Post by Tom28 » Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:26 pm

Sophie wrote:Hi to all, I would like to hear about your experiences with dentists here in Sg. I need to find a dentist I can trust since I have something more serious things to fix. I gotta to be sure that I go to the right place..
I heard about all commertials, but what would be interesting to hear is your stories.. Someone to recommend? Were u satesfied with the results?

i go to the residential clinics at those HDB estates.

much cheaper and less crowded and more professional service.

lilSara

dentist at CCK MRT

Post by lilSara » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 9:22 pm

I went to Vista Dental Clinic at CCK MRT. The doctor was one of the best student in china that was picked up by Singapore government. So he moved here, studied here and ends up working here. So gentle and I'm so satisfied with the result.

I also don't trust any doctors here. All bad experiences about seeing doctor but my dentists also had an urgent problem to be fixed as well and I got recommended to see this doc.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Your experiences with dentists in Singapore?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 9:39 am

Tom28 wrote:
Sophie wrote:Hi to all, I would like to hear about your experiences with dentists here in Sg. I need to find a dentist I can trust since I have something more serious things to fix. I gotta to be sure that I go to the right place..

i go to the residential clinics at those HDB estates.

much cheaper and less crowded and more professional service.
Tom28, I would half to agree. I've used the Expat dentists at Glen Eagles Medical Centre years ago, and I now use a heartland based chain of dental surgeries that more than suit my needs.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

boffenl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boffenl » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:46 am

O.K., I'll give props to the Dentists at NUH. I've always had excellent service, and the dentists have been great, if a bit young (at least younger than me!). I've had referals to the dental surgeons at NUH as well who are amazing. My husband has had extensive work done there and recently when a tooth splintered he went back and they charged him nothing to fix it since they had previously filled a cavity on that tooth. Plus, you can't beat the prices which I believe are posted on the NUH dental services website.

petrov

Post by petrov » Mon, 05 Sep 2011 5:21 pm

I went to one of the QM branches. Everything turned out alright !

gk76

Post by gk76 » Mon, 05 Sep 2011 10:24 pm

Can recommend an expat dentist (Adelaide grad I think) eastside at local rates - Burlinson Dental Surgery. Gentle and explains things well, uses that gel to numb up the gum before treatment, hardly felt a thing.

pinkhearts15

Post by pinkhearts15 » Sat, 10 Sep 2011 12:25 am

tried Dennis Wee at Republic Plaza. Not bad...you can try him. He is pretty experienced =)

Mel77

Post by Mel77 » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:04 pm

I went to Gentle Dental and saw Dr Justin Ang. He was recommended by a friend and was very pleasant and professional. I went to him to seek a second opinion and was pleased that he was able to provide me with other options that was "gentler" on my wallet and I'm also extremely happy with the results.

Adrianalily

Post by Adrianalily » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 1:30 am

I go to Dr. Yeo from Atria-Pan at Wisma. She's good but can be a little rough at times, which is kinda unexpected coming from a sweet lady like her.