Singapore Expats

Haunted Apartments ?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
chixchix
Editor
Editor

Haunted Apartments ?

Post by chixchix » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 7:26 pm

Anyone ever experienced anything in your apartment..I mean any sightings etc...

I just shifted from staying in a small HDB all my life to a big apartment.. I dunno I just hate being in this apartment.Since I moved in , I dont like my master bedroom..its like the bed is black leather ..parquet floor.. dark brown curtains.. :( of cos in the afternoon its bright,...

My husband likes to watch tv till 2-3 am..once he mentioned that he saw a ladylike figure walking towards the kitchen...being a scaredy cat...i naturally got very scared... I dont know if he was telling this to scare my younger brother...anyways ..

has any of you actually experienced anything ?? What did you do ?? I have put some dried red chillis,garlic and a nail and stick it onto my front door..
Always have a smile on that face!

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 7:37 pm

I'm no Fox Mulder, and Mrs. C. is much smarter and prettier than Dana Scully, but I'd be guessing Bad Feng Shui, maybe????

QRM
Manager
Manager

Re: Haunted Apartments ?

Post by QRM » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 8:47 pm

chixchix wrote:Anyone ever experienced anything in your apartment..I mean any sightings etc...

I just shifted from staying in a small HDB all my life to a big apartment.. I dunno I just hate being in this apartment.Since I moved in , I dont like my master bedroom..its like the bed is black leather ..parquet floor.. dark brown curtains.. :( of cos in the afternoon its bright,...

My husband likes to watch tv till 2-3 am..once he mentioned that he saw a ladylike figure walking towards the kitchen...being a scaredy cat...i naturally got very scared... I dont know if he was telling this to scare my younger brother...anyways ..

has any of you actually experienced anything ?? What did you do ?? I have put some dried red chillis,garlic and a nail and stick it onto my front door..
Stay away from drugs :shock:

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Global Citizen » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 9:27 pm

Why don't you get your house blessed by a priest? It may give you some peace of mind.
I do believe that some houses/flats are "better" than others.
One man's meat is another's poison.

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Forks » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 9:32 pm

My last house had something, to many strange things about it, specially when I found it had been lived in by an old lady for 20 years before us, she was gone in body but not in spirit and I dont think she approved of us.
Poking, poking everywhere...

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Creepy

Post by joop » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 11:30 pm

Some houses may be low in 'energy' so may attract spirits? Not sure...but why not brighten up the place like white walls, light coloured furniture, fresh flowers.

I've heard of stories of people having dark walls in the house and they felt spooky. :shock:
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Re: Haunted Apartments ?

Post by road.not.taken » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 7:49 am

chixchix wrote:Since I moved in , I dont like my master bedroom..its like the bed is black leather ..parquet floor.. dark brown curtains.. :( of cos in the afternoon its bright,...
Sounds like you need a decorator not an exorcist. :) Seriously, maybe you have a bad feeling because it's new and you're not properly settled in and you haven't personalized the place yet?

Sierra, no offence to Mrs. C, but prettier and smarter[/] then Dana 'Starbuck' Scully, MD? I would have though that was impossible :shock: :)

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 9:25 am

Perhaps I am still not used to the idea of living in a apartment yet ...maybe I will do some changes.. :)
Always have a smile on that face!

chrisplease

Post by chrisplease » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 4:56 am

try to ask your husband to take some pics and sell it in ebay maybe you will get more bling-bling

Petales Soufflez!
Regular
Regular

Post by Petales Soufflez! » Sun, 14 Sep 2008 12:39 am

I er ahem believe that we all share our lodgings with the spirits, only that we normally never see them unless we're down in luck. My aunt had a friend who when she walked up and down the stairs in her house could be occasionally seen to say "Excuse me" to nobody in sight. She has the 3rd eye and could see the spirits and claimed that since they meant no harm she could live with their presence.

I've also heard that my maternal grandma used to haunt the flat that they lived in for a number of years, causing the new tenants to move out each time. It only stopped when an Indian family moved in (she was Chinese).

Normally when you visit a house, you should be able to know instinctively if you were going to be comfortable or not in the premises.

If yours is/are starting to be intrusive, then you may need to call a priest over to bless the house. In fact, before moving into a new place, it's always better to have that done.

Then indeed it may help if you brighten up the place a little. Most of the time you're just uncomfortable because you are not warmed up to the house yet. And have a big housewarming party to let in "human breath" and scare the spirits away.

Plus collect nice gifts of course. :lol:
Je pense donc je suis. Le reste du temps, je ne suis qu'une fleur.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Sun, 14 Sep 2008 1:08 am

Weird. I just spoke with two different groups of friends today and somehow we got round to talking about spirits. I'm not inclined to believe in this but there seem too many first-hand accounts to ignore.

Some people have a 'third eye' and can see things the rest of us can't. This goes beyond fengshui. Agree with GC that maybe you could get a priest who can 'see' and exorcise spirits to look over and bless the house. Apparently they can tell you what adjustments you can make to displace any spirits that live there.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Sun, 14 Sep 2008 9:42 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:Get a priest who can 'see' and exorcise spirits to look over and bless the house. Apparently they can tell you what adjustments you can make to displace any spirits that live there.
No doubt for a large fee, I am in the wrong business here

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Sun, 14 Sep 2008 5:32 pm

No fee, just an optional donation.

saint73
Chatter
Chatter

Post by saint73 » Sat, 20 Sep 2008 10:35 pm

chixchix wrote:Perhaps I am still not used to the idea of living in a apartment yet ...maybe I will do some changes.. :)
:mrgreen: [-o< If you thk your house got haunted...you can ask Singapore Paranormal Investigators to check your house though is FOC...
They are investigating unusual thngs in the world...

http://www.spi.com.sg/

ringo100
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ringo100 » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 3:52 pm

I wouldn't worry yourself about nothing. Ghosts don't exist and you will simply cause yourself a lot of stress if you believe this.

Life has too many REAL things to worry about already.