Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
amandababy
Regular
Regular

Post by amandababy » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 7:18 pm

hahaha, is it true that most SIA air stewardess are all single?

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 9:06 pm

Single as in Not married or No BF? :???: 70-80% have boyfriend, as in married or not it all depends on whether have they found the right man :P
Why do you want to ask this question?

amandababy
Regular
Regular

Post by amandababy » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 10:08 pm

hahaha. cos my boyf gave me a stupid theory that most air stewardess are single. thats why they can fly freely.

i'm going to try it out on 21st sept! shall see whats the result and then decide what to do. :D

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 11:16 pm

All Bf scare their GF became a stewardess as they know they will loss their ride easily :cool:

dagerl

Post by dagerl » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 4:46 am

Hi, would like to ask a noob qns =x
how do they actually check on the skin condition? will they check very detail on the skin? what if someone wear stockings? well, my height is abt 157m and skin condition on my legs are not that great.. i guess its better that i give up the tot in serving this industry. sob.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 6:21 am

amandababy wrote:hi i'm new here! :)

i've been wanting to try out SIA but didn't have the courage too. it sounds really scary reading that people get booted out very often in the first round.

i feel like trying out the walk in on 21st sept. my boyf's objecting to it. cos he's in army. and if i really get thru, i wouldn't be around in sg most of the time. should i pursue my dream or ...? :???:
First of all don't be put off by what happens to others, a good many things are up to you. Spend some time finding out what the job involves, how it will affect your personal life and whether or not you will be able to cope.

Don't worry about your boyfriend, if he really cares he will still be there for you when you get home, not like you are joining the Foreign Legion. :P

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

SIA Steward accused of rape...

Post by ryanstarr » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 8:44 am

Just read of the case in Abu Dhabi. All newbies, fresh recruits please take note. Many cases go reported, but a girl on her first solo was raped and murdered in LAX years back by a cabin crew colleague as well.
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

viper
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA Steward accused of rape...

Post by viper » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 12:27 pm

I know a few SQ ladies Cabin Crew whom are happily married, chio also....but as long as they are faithful i think no problem..and cabin crew is just another job.

I think when overseas ladies should stick to each other when going shopping, or walking in the streets, best is to have at least a male cabin crew travelling with the group to ensure safely.

Ode

Post by Ode » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 2:46 pm

snake
Last edited by Ode on Sat, 08 Aug 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

highupinthesky

Post by highupinthesky » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 3:56 pm

dagerl wrote:Hi, would like to ask a noob qns =x
how do they actually check on the skin condition? will they check very detail on the skin? what if someone wear stockings? well, my height is abt 157m and skin condition on my legs are not that great.. i guess its better that i give up the tot in serving this industry. sob.
they will shine a very bright light on you face and your arm to eck for any flaws. as for stockings, they will ask u to take them off.

y give up when u have not even tried yet? if you try, there might be a chance of getting your dream job. if you dont, there is 0% chance at all?? fight for what u want =)

Gnip
Regular
Regular

Post by Gnip » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 6:00 pm

They shine a bright light! OH DEAR! :( I don't have the best of skins! Do they do all interviews within the same day?
Helloo! (:

dagerl

Post by dagerl » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 6:21 pm

Wow.. shine a bright light.. thats scary.. Well, i wanted to try, confidence can train.. i have the education requirements too. but height and skin problem is something that i cant do anything abt it. Sob. my skin is quite bad. i guess i will need do sth bout it 1st before im going for the try =x

sharin

SIA Kebaya specs

Post by sharin » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 6:22 pm

Hi, wuld anyone know how high the slit of the kebaya is? i have a 50cent coin sized scar on my calves.

And i also have a pin sized mole on my wrist. should i conceal?

and if i am 157cm, but can reach 212 cm, will my chances be slimmer?

Will they check the legs/feet as well?

Gnip
Regular
Regular

Post by Gnip » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 6:31 pm

They penalize for moles too?? I have plenty of those! :o
Helloo! (:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 9:22 pm

Plavt wrote:not like you are joining the Foreign Legion. :P
I want to join the Foreign Legion !!! But too bad I can't speak french and don't really like that place too :P If I am younger I will join the US Marines
:twisted: then I can become a green card holder... :P