Singapore Expats

Oven/baking bags

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
jpatokal

Oven/baking bags

Post by jpatokal » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 9:51 pm

After five years of woking it up Singapore style, I recently acquired an oven and have been relearning how to use it all over again. Back in my corner of Angmohland, magical plastic bags that don't melt in the oven, like this, are very common:

http://www.reynoldspkg.com/reynoldskitc ... od_id=1790

However, I haven't been able to find them in Singapore at any of the places you'd expect to find them (Jasons' Marketplace, Carrefour). Any ideas?
:???:
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:21 pm

Do like I do, import them from Amazon or stock up on them from friend or reles or you own trips to the west. It's the best way to cook a turkey as well (Gettin' close to Turkey Day again!).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

skye
Chatter
Chatter

Post by skye » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:50 pm

Just checked the brand I usually buy in my kitchen cupboard and they are Reynolds! Maybe the places you checked are just out of stock 'cos I've bought them loads of times in various Cold Storages.

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Fri, 29 Aug 2008 8:00 am

Just saw them at Tanglin Market Place and know I have seen them in Cold Storages all over. Look where the foil and plastic wrap is sold.

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Post by micknlea » Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:32 am

Yep, have bought them at both NTUC and Cold Storage too.
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”