Singapore Expats

Youtube loading problem on laptop and other......

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
blablabla

Post by blablabla » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 9:31 pm

I found out that actually my laptop can stream video, it can work actually, is just that there is something stopping it that prevented it from streaming the whole video. The problem is that i didn't know what that is. Anyone knows how to solve this?
Love metal bands... Introduce more to me?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:19 pm

Try this; in IE go to Tools-Internet Options - Connections - LAN Settings and tick the box where it says "use a proxy server for your LAN" then type in the box: webcache. (ISP's name).com(or whatever the ISP's name ends with and don't forget dots between words. Then click OK and see if that does it.
Last edited by Plavt on Tue, 26 Aug 2008 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

blablabla

Post by blablabla » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 2:26 am

I answered your question after the first post of strong eagle. Yes, my laptop is connected wireless. The speed is 54Mbps. Is it that the speed is too slow thus resulting in the problems of streaming the videos?

I just found out that i can stream some videos perfectly, but after closing the browser or pressing refresh, it would go back to the problem again.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 4:13 am

blablabla wrote:I answered your question after the first post of strong eagle.
My apologies, I read through the posts so fast I didn't see your reply. Seems you are not getting anywhere best thing to do now is look around a few forums using google sure to be somebody somewhere who has had the same or similar problems.

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 6:14 pm

i am bailing out of this. my last suggestion would be to reformat the hdd and reinstall the OS. and this time, keep only one antivirus. having two antivirus doesnt make it safer. it's not like condom. :P

blablabla

Post by blablabla » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 6:34 pm

Condom isn't that safe either. Can anyone tell me that with speed 54Mbps, is it enough to load the videos?

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Post by banana » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 7:02 pm

No you are doomed to eternally trawl text only sites. If you're lucky, someone might throw you a cookie and the occasional JPEG. My suggestion is to give up on the internet, possibly even computers. Take up a hobby like knitting.
some signatures are more equal than others

blablabla

Post by blablabla » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:43 pm

YA YA!! Then i suggest you give up living too. You and your attitude! I am only just explaining my situations and sarcastic remarks was poured all over me!

Edited by moderator.

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Post by banana » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:13 pm

:roll: Used to having things done for you much? You're incredibly thin-skinned for someone asking for help.

I'd tell you it's a common problem for FF users and they're doing something to fix it but you seem determined to get a yes/no answer to your 54mbps question.

blablabla

Post by blablabla » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 2:09 pm

For your information, this is the first time i am asking for help and i also my first time using forum. Isn't this forum build to help people with their problems?

Your first post was a sarcastic remark, did ur parents teach u when you were young?

I'm just asking if my speed is sufficient enough. If yes then something is wrong with the laptop or browser or something. If no, then i would thx u all for the contribution because the problem now lies in my own connection at home and my internet speed. I asked for only 2 times and u asked me to go knitting?

U ARE SO Barbaric and Unreasonable!

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Post by banana » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 3:59 pm

What's wrong with knitting? It's a perfectly fine hobby. Not too complicated, relatively safe, rather suitable for you don't you think?

A forum is just a forum - by definition a place for free assembly of people to discuss matters of interest. In other words, it is not dedicated to solving YOUR problems. As in there are other people with their own interests as well. But I suppose your parents never taught you that.

By the way, your streaming problem has nothing to do with your connection speed.

Glad to help,

An unreasonable barbarian

blablabla

Post by blablabla » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 5:44 pm

Then why don't you knit clothing for your moronic child?

Didn't i used the word ''people'' in my last post? As you said, forums are especially good for people to discuss their interest. WELL, i guess that you have express your SARCASM to a whole new freaking level.

By the way, thank for the help especially from someone that is

arrogant and unreasonable.

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Post by banana » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 6:35 pm

You're welcome. Now go get some manners and a sense of humour.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 6:53 pm

blablabla wrote:Then why don't you knit clothing for your moronic child?
That's enough! There is no need to get personal, if you don't like banana then simply ignore him. Further comments like the one above will be deleted.

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Post by banana » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 7:32 pm

Plavt, I'm shocked. Are you suggesting someone might actually not like me? Sunny disposition and all? The horror! :lol:

My bad really, I did bait him/her/it first.