Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 4:40 pm

Hi pork12,

well at least you are a female & stand better chance, cos female can apply make up & you will be required thick make up esp. on night flights or else you might risk yourself a demerit point.

since you are taking part time studies, in the meanwhile you can also wait till you are graduating soon, with sufficient funds to facilitate your costs with the dematologist. It's great that you made the effort to read through every page! Anyway, dermatologist might prescribe you the antibiotics & peel off cream, depending on your condition of your skin. It is very important to use the right products for your skin regime. No worries and hopefully, we can be flying colleagues one day. :)

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 5:02 pm

higgledy wrote:Hi pork12,

well at least you are a female & stand better chance, cos female can apply make up & you will be required thick make up esp. on night flights or else you might risk yourself a demerit point.

since you are taking part time studies, in the meanwhile you can also wait till you are graduating soon, with sufficient funds to facilitate your costs with the dematologist. It's great that you made the effort to read through every page! Anyway, dermatologist might prescribe you the antibiotics & peel off cream, depending on your condition of your skin. It is very important to use the right products for your skin regime. No worries and hopefully, we can be flying colleagues one day. :)
i hope so too! =D

sakiya
Regular
Regular

Post by sakiya » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:56 pm

APPLICATION DETAILS – WALK-IN INTERVIEWS

Walk-In interviews will also be conducted on 21 September 2008 at:

Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel
2nd Level – Ballroom 2
39 Scotts Road
Singapore 228230

Please bring the following documents for registration at Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel between 9am and 3pm on 21 September 2008.

chichi14

Post by chichi14 » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:29 pm

Is this coming walk in interview exclusive again for Singaporean and Malaysians only? I wonder why they don't want to open it for everybody.. say, even for PR holders. (a PR holder has the full rights to work here in Singapore anyways)

:?

cel-ali

Post by cel-ali » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:22 am

hi hi i m new here..i went for SQ interview on 24th aug also but gana boot out first rd...im a PR so i onli can send my CV then wait for their mail then i can go for interview..if i send my application again will they ask me for interview again?
turning dream into reality...

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 9:14 am

chichi14 wrote:Is this coming walk in interview exclusive again for Singaporean and Malaysians only? I wonder why they don't want to open it for everybody.. say, even for PR holders. (a PR holder has the full rights to work here in Singapore anyways)

:?
unfortunately so.. you can send in your CV to [email protected] and wait for them to call you up! =) good luck!

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 9:47 am

akiheartfelt wrote:If you have scoliosis of more than 20degrees, chances are you'll know it because i believe it is quite a serious condition.
raaar. that's one of my multiple conditions.... i have scoliosis too! but i dunno how many degrees.. the last time i recall..... it was abt 15!!! =/

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:38 am

If one has scoliosis of over 20 degrees, it is serious & SIA will definitely reject you. The purpose of having the 2nd round, (kebaya) apart of skin check & how one looks like when in their uniform, they also check the way you walk. If the problem of scoliosis is severe, in a way your posture will be shown during the "catwalk". Anyway if one has passed the rounds successfully & during the medical check up, they will take x-ray. If they find anything suspicious, they will ask you to redo another x-ray, this time at your own expense of $150. However, they will not reveal to you the result & you have to wait patiently for the call from SIA - (Congrats) or the darn rejection letter.

felixtwp

Post by felixtwp » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:14 pm

anyway, is there any treatment for scoliosis ? the non- surgical way? btw anyone going for interview tml at 930am?
only injuries can stop me from being the best

mintia

Post by mintia » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 1:37 pm

I got the email @ 10am today, to go for interview @ 9.30am tomorrow. The thing is I'm still nursing a flu/cough :( Should I still go ahead and try or wait for the 21st Sept one? *Sigh*

I went for the 24th Aug walk in and got booted out in 1st round... still don't know if it's due to me failing the final management round in June. Nobody seems to have answers!

felixtwp - how are you going to STC?

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 1:58 pm

higgledy wrote:If one has scoliosis of over 20 degrees, it is serious & SIA will definitely reject you. The purpose of having the 2nd round, (kebaya) apart of skin check & how one looks like when in their uniform, they also check the way you walk. If the problem of scoliosis is severe, in a way your posture will be shown during the "catwalk". Anyway if one has passed the rounds successfully & during the medical check up, they will take x-ray. If they find anything suspicious, they will ask you to redo another x-ray, this time at your own expense of $150. However, they will not reveal to you the result & you have to wait patiently for the call from SIA - (Congrats) or the darn rejection letter.
now i'll have to consider investing in chirapractic sessions on top of dermatologists!!! =/

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 2:02 pm

felixtwp wrote:anyway, is there any treatment for scoliosis ? the non- surgical way? btw anyone going for interview tml at 930am?
you can treat scoliosis by fitting braces if patient has yet to (or just) reach puberty. chiropractic adjustments do help to improve the situation. but $$$$$ in singapore. =/

pinkielouis

Post by pinkielouis » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 9:46 pm

hi guys,
i'm quite new to here...
i sent my CV and they replied me to go for a interview tom...
any tips from you guys who have been thru it?

Leroy

Post by Leroy » Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:38 am

Hi, is the interview @stc a grp interview?

paperboat

Post by paperboat » Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:39 am

This is my first time applying for the job. I sent my application to them, and got the reply. I was suppose to go for the interview tmrw at 1030am. I decided not to give it a try. Cos i knew that they need girls with pleasant smiles, but i dont have a pleasant smile. As when i smile, can see my upper gums. Oh wells.. i only can dream of it, but couldnt go for it. :(

For those trying, GOOD LUCK! :wink: