Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:43 am

salvana wrote:eh... sorry... a lil' off track.... :)

juz wondering whether is there anyone out there who will start training on 26th Aug ?
ME!!!!

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:45 am

REALLY???????????

ME TOO !!!!!
wahahhahahah..............
Cool..... have a friend from this forum liao... wahahhaha..... :D
Dreams Do Come True

Mushroom
Regular
Regular

Post by Mushroom » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:02 pm

Ode wrote:Hi,
I sent my write in application 1 mth ago & I received email to attend the walk-in interview on 24/8 also at 1330. The email writes: " Shld I be unable to attend the walk in on 24 August 2008, an alternative date of interview on 29 August 2008 is available."
The reason I did a write in is because I DO NT fulfill the height requirement of 158cm. I hv been to walk-in 3 times & was quite irritated with the younger gals taking my height. I'm 1 cm short. I hoped that maybe from my resume will hlp me show that I'm willing to work. Frm wat I understd the 24/8 walk-in is MEANT for spore & malaysian PR but I'm sporean.
So can any1 hlp me? Cos frm wat i read in tiz forum seems that it is an auto generated email?! So will be like square 1 from my prev walk-in interviews which i cld nt even get pass those gals taking my height. Or will I be channelled to a different rnd cos I alrdy received tiz email? Must we print the email or whatever?
Lastly, will it be better (higher chance of success, less tired interviewers) if i go for the alternative interview on 29/8 instead?
Hi Ode, May i know in the email they stated there's an alternative date on 29 August. Did the email mention when is the location?
Live believing - dreams are for living,
Wonders are waiting to start.

emlii

help for my assignment!

Post by emlii » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:26 pm

hi!

i'm currently a third year university student in singapore. one of the modules i'm taking this semester has us picking an area we'd like to do some research in and following up on it.

and i'd like to do my short assignment on SIA flight attendants & their experiences!

was wondering if any of you SIA flight attendants out there (whether you were one or are one) wouldn't mind sharing with me some of your experiences and such via email ([email protected]) please?

thanks lots :D

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Re: help for my assignment!

Post by akiheartfelt » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 2:46 pm

emlii wrote:hi!

i'm currently a third year university student in singapore. one of the modules i'm taking this semester has us picking an area we'd like to do some research in and following up on it.

and i'd like to do my short assignment on SIA flight attendants & their experiences!

was wondering if any of you SIA flight attendants out there (whether you were one or are one) wouldn't mind sharing with me some of your experiences and such via email ([email protected]) please?

thanks lots :D
SIA employees are not allowed to grant personal interviews!

melissa2403

Post by melissa2403 » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 2:55 pm

Mushroom wrote:
Ode wrote:Hi,
I sent my write in application 1 mth ago & I received email to attend the walk-in interview on 24/8 also at 1330. The email writes: " Shld I be unable to attend the walk in on 24 August 2008, an alternative date of interview on 29 August 2008 is available."
The reason I did a write in is because I DO NT fulfill the height requirement of 158cm. I hv been to walk-in 3 times & was quite irritated with the younger gals taking my height. I'm 1 cm short. I hoped that maybe from my resume will hlp me show that I'm willing to work. Frm wat I understd the 24/8 walk-in is MEANT for spore & malaysian PR but I'm sporean.
So can any1 hlp me? Cos frm wat i read in tiz forum seems that it is an auto generated email?! So will be like square 1 from my prev walk-in interviews which i cld nt even get pass those gals taking my height. Or will I be channelled to a different rnd cos I alrdy received tiz email? Must we print the email or whatever?
Lastly, will it be better (higher chance of success, less tired interviewers) if i go for the alternative interview on 29/8 instead?
Hi Ode, May i know in the email they stated there's an alternative date on 29 August. Did the email mention when is the location?
i've sent an email to them, regarding the rescheduling of the interview but they've yet to reply ): and i think im getting a little anxious haha.

i can't make it on the 24th August so i send the email(reply) to SIA. They didn't mention where's the location too!

ladyinc

Post by ladyinc » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 7:15 pm

is it true that so long as you are required to do extra test during the medical check up, (be it for sosciolis or breast checks..etc), you may not be employed by sia, since there's complications in your health? is there anyone here who were required to do the extra checks, but have since gained employment within sia? how long did it took for mary to call for confirmation on training OR for the letter of rejection to arrive, assuming that your notice is immediate.

appreciate if i can get some light on this. thanks! :)

purpleme

Post by purpleme » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 9:12 pm

hi just wanna ask smth regarding abt the medical check up. i do have sosciolis which is like 7 degree. does SIA accept that? if they do , can i know what's the maximum degree of sosciolis they will accept . thanks in advance. other then the curve of my spine , my back doesnt hurt or anything.

ladyinc

Post by ladyinc » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 9:21 pm

purpleme wrote:hi just wanna ask smth regarding abt the medical check up. i do have sosciolis which is like 7 degree. does SIA accept that? if they do , can i know what's the maximum degree of sosciolis they will accept . thanks in advance. other then the curve of my spine , my back doesnt hurt or anything.
i believe from earlier posts, someone mentioned that the maximum is 20degrees.

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:56 am

If you have scoliosis of more than 20degrees, chances are you'll know it because i believe it is quite a serious condition.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 2:15 am

Ode wrote:Thnk maybe the better men all applying to be pilots...
Hahaha have you seen the pilot in SIA before? You seldom see handsome pilot, there are a few around but again they are the minority, at least in SIA :P

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 2:33 pm

Next walk in recruitment will be 21st September 2008 (Sun) at same venue! Good luck to all! :)

melissa2403

Post by melissa2403 » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 2:35 pm

higgledy wrote:Next walk in recruitment will be 21st September 2008 (Sun) at same venue! Good luck to all! :)
gosh may i know where did u get the news? i thought they've yet to update the website?

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 4:35 pm

From reliable resource from SIA & the deadline of write in is on 28/08/08. Shortlisted applicants will have to attend the interview on 29/08/08 (Fri).

ahemrmompmlhaaniez
Regular
Regular

Post by ahemrmompmlhaaniez » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 5:13 pm