Singapore Expats

La Forketta is the Devil

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
bebe le chotchkey

La Forketta is the Devil

Post by bebe le chotchkey » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 3:00 pm

I have been to this establishment 3 times...3x too many, I have been with my husband, our 2 very well mannered sons, and then today with a sleeping toddler...each and EVERY time I have been treated so rudely I can hardly imagine that someone would be allowed to work there with the kind of attitude that these people have. The ONLY good thing there is a Mediterranean Salad...but that's IT! I can duplicate the salad at home to this place is useless to me. I hope the earth swallows this place and the evil people that work there. Another thing about this place if you dare to go is when you sit down and have waited the obligatory 10 minutes before a waiter approaches, they then put a basket of bread on the table...ok, that's great...well, despite not asking for the bread they just assume that you will want it and that you will pay the $4.50 (I think, maybe more) for it...that's just bad to "add" to a customer's bill something they never ordered...atleast offer it first...that would be like setting down a glass of water and then getting charged for it...if I need to pay for the water tell me before and not after. The food is WAY over priced for what you get...if you want good Italian food there are much better places in town!
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

freecat

Post by freecat » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 3:11 pm

Where is this place? :shock:
Btw they always charge for peanuts before asking in Chinese Restaurants, so i take it its a normal practice in Singapore

Teema

Post by Teema » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 4:25 pm

3 times already eh?

I bet there'll be a 4th time ;)

idpearl

Post by idpearl » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 4:39 pm

Out of interest, why would you go back a second time if you were treated badly the first time?

bebe le chotchkey

Post by bebe le chotchkey » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 4:53 pm

First time had to go with a group, 2nd time out of convenience and figured lightening doesn't strike twice - I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt and a second chance, and the 3rd times a charm right? I got online this afternoon and read some reviews...Oh ho! I should have heeded the warnings from reviews...but didn't know about the review sites for restaurants here...I'm armed now!
And actually I just got up and walked out this time...didn't even order...so I've only eaten there 2x to be fair...The 3rd started so badly I wouldn't suffer through any dining...
The only way there will be a 4th time is if there is a party held to celebrate the closing of this restaurant...then I MIGHT show up...to cheer!
Last edited by bebe le chotchkey on Fri, 22 Aug 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bebe le chotchkey

Post by bebe le chotchkey » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 4:54 pm

Also, I learned there is a location on River Valley as well...for the sake of the owner I hope they're doing alot better...my bad review is only for the Dempsey location.

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Post by micknlea » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:48 pm

You mean they didn't make you pay for water? :shock: This is one of the places that only serve bottled water from memory, so you have sparkling or flat and pay through the nose for it. Agree with your comments, have been twice, both times with groups and shocking service and pretty average but way overpriced food.
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown

zjules
Regular
Regular

Post by zjules » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 5:21 pm

It does say at the top of the menu 'if you dont want to pay for the bread, then just say so and they will take it away'. Actually, i like the bread basket - bargain for $4.50 as it includes pizza and other bits too. Great for a quick italian snack midweek, but not a super place, agreed..

bebe le chotchkey

Post by bebe le chotchkey » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 6:47 pm

When the bread comes out before the menu that might pose a bit of a problem...they're all chotched up...I love to have appetizers, I'll pay extra for food that is great...but I think giving the customer courtesy of ordering what they like is something this restaurant has no idea about...they are not a customer-focused establishment (I use this term loosely for them), they are sneaky, money-grubbing, a-holes...this place is a joke! I've had enough of talking about it now...glad you think they're sucky too!

Return to “Entertainment, Leisure & Sports”