Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 8:33 pm

You can do part time studies while you are a cabin crew. The company will not help you in arranging for your flight duties according to your classes or Exam, you will have to change your flight with fellow crew or use your annual leave (21 days per year) if it is a very important class or Exam. Its is not going to be easy as changing of flight is quite difficult and you will have to do it for the next 3 years :???: Plavt is right as usual :P there is a scholarship available for crew to further their studies. You will need to go thru an interview with the review board first.You will be bonded after you graduate. Again no special arrangement will be provided for classes or Exam. You can also apply for no pay leave to further your studies (full time) after you have been flying for a few years.

The best is to get your degree first so as to open up more doors for your future, be it in SIA or not. Without a degree and most likely you will be stuck as a crew with few opportunities outside. You will have an advantage as a crew if you have a degree.

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 10:20 pm

personally i prefer write in cos the queue for walk in would be horrendous. you might have a time slot but i don't think they would let you jump queue; probably just to make sure that you arrive at the non-peak period.

but again sheraton is a much more convenient place to go :)

Ode

Post by Ode » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 10:35 pm

No
Last edited by Ode on Sat, 08 Aug 2009 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:05 pm

Ode wrote:To ladyinc,
My god then seriously no difference if they send me the email or nt cos those ladies will still b taking my height & & still will be short of req!
Height is a safty requirement so of course there is no compromise except in the case of human error as in a +1cm during the height taking process.

ladyinc

Post by ladyinc » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:16 pm

Ode wrote:To ladyinc,
My god then seriously no difference if they send me the email or nt cos those ladies will still b taking my height & & still will be short of req!
well dear, there's really no harm trying. who knows, you could be 3rd time lucky! :P

timelessjer

Post by timelessjer » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 9:57 am

hi guys i went for the walk in interview today but gt kick out at the 1st rd sigh.. can i just check if its possible for a guy to do a write in? if so which email address shld i mail my application too? thanks

infinit

Post by infinit » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 11:50 am

timelessjer wrote:hi guys i went for the walk in interview today but gt kick out at the 1st rd sigh.. can i just check if its possible for a guy to do a write in? if so which email address shld i mail my application too? thanks
haha.. me too. I'm not going again I guess, I was half hearted as well when I went for it today. I was with a friend and laughed it off when I didn't make it lol

I think I'll just go to university next year and consider joining SIA after that.

Well since you definitely really wanted this, dont give up dude. They will surely have another write in interview. Take a look at the SQ website, click on Company Information at the bottom toolbar. There you will see Careers. Click on cabin crew and read the info there. They will show you how you can write in or go for the next walk-in interview session. All the best!

Soplid

Post by Soplid » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 1:56 pm

Aww.. i went for the interview today too.. to my surprise, i was the only one who got thru the first round from my group.. i was wondering, of all the posts i've read, the rates for round 1 is suppose to be like 8 or 7 outta 10 huh.. Weird~ anyways.. i was penalized for my outbreak 2 days ago! sadly.. any good facial tips? i'm a guy of oily skin base btw.. sigh.. btw for anyone whom i talked to earlier on.. i'm Kid.. haha.. do keep in touch so that we can go for the next interview together yeah! cheers! Wahahahahaha i'm glad.. people in Singapore are friendly afterall.. Cheers for the nation! :P :P :P
Hi there.. feel free to drop me a mail :P

timelessjer

Post by timelessjer » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 3:23 pm

i check out the website but it onli gives details for the walk in interview, from the previous posts i found out that ppl have been doing write in even before the walk in interview. can any1 hlp me on hw to go around for write in applications ? thanks

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 3:32 pm

for write-in applications, you would need to fill up the application form and send it back to them via email. should you be shortlisted, they would email you back with a date and a time for the interviews. :)

stewardwannabe
Regular
Regular

Post by stewardwannabe » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 3:39 pm

hafiz_ wrote:for write-in applications, you would need to fill up the application form and send it back to them via email. should you be shortlisted, they would email you back with a date and a time for the interviews. :)
hey haifz

are u with sq now.. have u started flying or still in training?
SW

Ode

Post by Ode » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 4:14 pm

Went
Last edited by Ode on Sat, 08 Aug 2009 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strictly-vintage

Post by strictly-vintage » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 4:54 pm

any good news for today? whats the passing rate like?
slowly but surely...we will make it.

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 5:04 pm

i'm here to report my results... i got out at round 2. mmm.

for round 1 3 of us got thru. for round 2, out of 4 only 1 of us got thru. but i think the passing rate does not matter because the girl who passed the kebaya rd in my group was really pretty. the 3 of us couldnt hold a candle to her... haha!

well im glad tt i got thru rd 1... =)

strictly-vintage

Post by strictly-vintage » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 5:11 pm

whitepetals wrote:i'm here to report my results... i got out at round 2. mmm.

for round 1 3 of us got thru. for round 2, out of 4 only 1 of us got thru. but i think the passing rate does not matter because the girl who passed the kebaya rd in my group was really pretty. the 3 of us couldnt hold a candle to her... haha!

well im glad tt i got thru rd 1... =)
congrats for making it to round 2 whitepetal :D i couldn't make it today - was soaking wet from the sudden rain. how i wish i could have gone.. :)
slowly but surely...we will make it.