Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
babyash

expected salary

Post by babyash » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:20 am

Hi,
can any1 wat should i write in the salary expected in the application form??
wats d standard salary for sia??
btw i'll be goin for sat interview in penang,wat should i prepare for d interview???
i'm so nervous!!

vhensy

Post by vhensy » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 9:34 am

southpaw wrote:hi all,

i was wondering whether anyone here received an email from SIA asking you to go for the walk in interview this 24th at Sheration at a scheduled time?

this is weird as i did not apply for it.

is it becoz i did the write in two weeks ago and they auto mass email to the applicants?
Hi southpaw & all..
I have received an email from SIA to attend this coming 24th aug interview as well. this is my first time interview... a little bit nervous though :)
Can anyone here share with me, what to do during the first round? thx...

vhensy

Post by vhensy » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 9:49 am

melissa2403 wrote:i've gotten an email too, scheduled to go at 1.30pm.

so that means i can't go earlier? 0.o
Hi melissa2403,
my scheduled is 1.30pm too...i think we can go earlier, it's better than be late, right?? :wink: :wink:

southpaw

Post by southpaw » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 9:54 am

i think those who received the email are arranged into 1.30pm slot.
haha

1st round - intro yourself. *seriously, i really do not know what they want. i guess it depends on ur luck. i did the same thing for walk in and write in, but failed in the write in while succeed to go to the 2rd round for the walk in*

2nd round - kebaya fitting and face check

3rd round - one on one interview

4th round - management interview

melissa2403

Post by melissa2403 » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:28 am

vhensy wrote:
melissa2403 wrote:i've gotten an email too, scheduled to go at 1.30pm.

so that means i can't go earlier? 0.o
Hi melissa2403,
my scheduled is 1.30pm too...i think we can go earlier, it's better than be late, right?? :wink: :wink:
oh oh what i meant is that, the walk-in's from 9am-3pm at Sheraton. though we're scheduled to be there at 1.30pm, can we be there at 9am?

i've sent an email to SIA but no reply yet. besides, i understand that the email add's for Singapore PR. but i'm a singaporean! =/

does it matter?

southpaw

Post by southpaw » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:36 am

actually i've already given up hope after failed 3times...

then NOW THEY SEND ME SUCH EMAIL to influence me again...

lol

really duno whether i should go or not..

my bf ask me to go since sun nth to do...

sekali i can get in..

:???:

vhensy

Post by vhensy » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 1:08 pm

yea... your bf was right. think you should try again this round. it's like practise makes perfect hahaha...
i only received the email today. don't have any preparation yet.. :???:

anyway... i am Indonesian and just got my Singapore PR 8-)

Ode

Post by Ode » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 7:19 pm

I sent
Last edited by Ode on Sat, 08 Aug 2009 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ladyshi

Post by ladyshi » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 1:47 am

hi all,

i'm new to this forum=). i wish to know the difference between walk in and write in interview? i'm currently a poly student am i allow to apply for the job now?

Thanks in advance :wink:

infinit

Post by infinit » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 1:48 am

Hey guys. I'm finishing my NS now and I've always planned to go to uni and do a full time degree. but now I have the idea of joining as cabin crew and doing a degree part time since the schools I checked with said they could cater to a student with a constantly changing schedule due to his job (eg wont have to meet the 75% attendance requirement).

I figured it wont be easy to juggle a cabin crew job and studies but I thought I should seek more advice. Do you guys in the airline think its possible, have you done this or know of other cabin crew how did their degrees while flying?

I'd greatly appreciate any inputs.

Thank you

violettes

Post by violettes » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 4:37 am

hi infiniti,
i just started training w SIA. my own pt of view is that it is highly unlikely to juggle btwn work and studies. training requires 2.5months of daily full attendance (unless MC, which is a tedious procedure on its own). thereafter, u will be flying constantly i doubt it's that ez to focus. moreover, i aint sure if u can still study while in SIA. they haf a policy no part time jobs allowed (except special circumstances - ie. cabin crew for 5 yrs doing part time modelling) so i aint so sure if they allow part time schooling.
as for the rest who are gg for 24th aug interview. good luck! this is the first time i heard a scheduled timing for walk in interviews. do keep smiling, talk to the interviewers like they are ur frens n be truthful n sincere in ur words. oh, if u tell them u wana b w SIA cos u wana travel n earn good cash, highly unlikely they will wana c u again for the next round....

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 6:07 am

infinit wrote:Hey guys. I'm finishing my NS now and I've always planned to go to uni and do a full time degree. but now I have the idea of joining as cabin crew and doing a degree part time since the schools I checked with said they could cater to a student with a constantly changing schedule due to his job (eg wont have to meet the 75% attendance requirement).

I figured it wont be easy to juggle a cabin crew job and studies but I thought I should seek more advice. Do you guys in the airline think its possible, have you done this or know of other cabin crew how did their degrees while flying?

I'd greatly appreciate any inputs.

Thank you
You might want to talk to SIA about that, a girl who used to post here for a short while found that the company was willing to pay for her studies towards a degree. I would hasten to add I don't know the details or whether that is still available but if you don't ask you won't know.

Should that fail you could consider the British open University but be warned for non-Europeans it is very expensive and that's putting it mildly;

http://www.open.ac.uk/

ladyinc

Post by ladyinc » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:39 am

Ode wrote:Hi,
I sent my write in application 1 mth ago & I received email to attend the walk-in interview on 24/8 also at 1330. The email writes: " Shld I be unable to attend the walk in on 24 August 2008, an alternative date of interview on 29 August 2008 is available."
The reason I did a write in is because I DO NT fulfill the height requirement of 158cm. I hv been to walk-in 3 times & was quite irritated with the younger gals taking my height. I'm 1 cm short. I hoped that maybe from my resume will hlp me show that I'm willing to work. Frm wat I understd the 24/8 walk-in is MEANT for spore & malaysian PR but I'm sporean.
So can any1 hlp me? Cos frm wat i read in tiz forum seems that it is an auto generated email?! So will be like square 1 from my prev walk-in interviews which i cld nt even get pass those gals taking my height. Or will I be channelled to a different rnd cos I alrdy received tiz email? Must we print the email or whatever?
Lastly, will it be better (higher chance of success, less tired interviewers) if i go for the alternative interview on 29/8 instead?
Hi Ode, from my knowledge, the email was sent for crowd-control measures as they will be expecting a mass of people to arrive in the first half of the slot given (9am-12pm), which is why I believe the email was sent to overcome the problem.
As to whether you will be given an advantage to the number of rounds subjected by the email you received, that is unlikely. I have been to the write in at STC, and we had to go through all 4 rounds as per normal. So the regular height, weight checks are mandatory.
Although I cant really advise on whether there's a better chance on the 29th as compared to the 24th, it really depends entirely on yourself with lots of luck. Bottomline is, believe in yourself and since you may be a little off the required height, try to compensate it by exuding confidence in other areas and smile loads.

Hope my nag helps. Haha. and good luck for the upcoming interview! :D

melissa2403

Post by melissa2403 » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:46 am

Ode wrote:Hi,
I sent my write in application 1 mth ago & I received email to attend the walk-in interview on 24/8 also at 1330. The email writes: " Shld I be unable to attend the walk in on 24 August 2008, an alternative date of interview on 29 August 2008 is available."
The reason I did a write in is because I DO NT fulfill the height requirement of 158cm. I hv been to walk-in 3 times & was quite irritated with the younger gals taking my height. I'm 1 cm short. I hoped that maybe from my resume will hlp me show that I'm willing to work. Frm wat I understd the 24/8 walk-in is MEANT for spore & malaysian PR but I'm sporean.
So can any1 hlp me? Cos frm wat i read in tiz forum seems that it is an auto generated email?! So will be like square 1 from my prev walk-in interviews which i cld nt even get pass those gals taking my height. Or will I be channelled to a different rnd cos I alrdy received tiz email? Must we print the email or whatever?
Lastly, will it be better (higher chance of success, less tired interviewers) if i go for the alternative interview on 29/8 instead?
in the same dilemma too ):

wonder if the 29/8 would be at STC, gosh and tmr's the walk-in oh gosh this is such a headache.

infinit

Post by infinit » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 3:16 pm

Thanks for the response, Violettes and Plavt.

I guess ultimately I should ask them whether they allow it. I guess it will be tough but it might be possible.