Singapore Expats

Average salaries in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
DonaldMoney

Post by DonaldMoney » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 5:04 pm

yes cookies. its Asst Vice President. Only the name canggih - its another role for Snr. Mgr only. I tried to ask for higher - but the bank has a capping with that role and functionality. I factored in the savings, taxes, cost of living etc etc - it would somehow still save me extra 200% as compared working in Singapore.

I guess sometime - i might need to take a little back backward to start a new impetus drive in a new country. and i am already now proud to be part of the bank (they are really huge worldwide).

what do you think bro?

krptykcookies
Regular
Regular

Post by krptykcookies » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 8:50 pm

DonaldMoney wrote:yes cookies. its Asst Vice President. Only the name canggih - its another role for Snr. Mgr only. I tried to ask for higher - but the bank has a capping with that role and functionality. I factored in the savings, taxes, cost of living etc etc - it would somehow still save me extra 200% as compared working in Singapore.

I guess sometime - i might need to take a little back backward to start a new impetus drive in a new country. and i am already now proud to be part of the bank (they are really huge worldwide).

what do you think bro?
Paul, I am no chap. I am a lass :D or are you referring to someone else? :)
I guess if you take the MRT to work every morning and eat at hawker stalls for all your 3 meals you should be making some considerable savings. I try to go back once a week tho either by bus or AirAsia (it's not really all that cheap to fly with AirAsia these days)
Cool as cool can be

DonaldMoney

Post by DonaldMoney » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 9:55 am

i have my EP approved. the shocking part is the agency for the bank did the submission on friday noon (because i filed in the papers on friday morning via email to them). MOM approved it already when i checked the next day morning. that is good work done by MOM.

c_hari_c

Post by c_hari_c » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 6:23 am

I am working in US as a Database Developer. I could also do some DBA work and have vast experience in various reporting tools. Overall, I have 7 years experience all in USA. How much can I get as a monthly salary? My wife is also planning to work and we have a 2 year old daughter.

nhonho_88

Post by nhonho_88 » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:59 pm

Terribly high :???: Higher than in my country a lot. :???: :???:

pbligh

Post by pbligh » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 6:57 pm

Hi all...

I've got an offer for about S$130k for a regional IT director in the hospitality industry. Package comes with travel allowance of 2k a month, so works out to about S$12.8k a month, not including bonus.

Wondering if that is sufficient to live comfortably just on that single income for a family of 4, with 2 infant kids.

Thanks!

loepis2154

Post by loepis2154 » Fri, 03 Oct 2008 9:27 am

Hi all,
I work in architectural services industry and I have 6 months experience, my employer offered me S$ 1900 per month (no other package), is it fair enough? Because I have friends with quite same qualification like me and paid more (and got EP rather than S Pass).
And how about raise-performance in Singapore?
Thanks guys

JobSeeker13

How much is the Salary of a Fresh Graduate?

Post by JobSeeker13 » Sat, 04 Oct 2008 11:12 pm

How much is the salary of an Electronics Engineer? I am a fresh graduate of Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communication Engineering. I like to as How much is the salary? I have a Diploma in Electronics Communications Engineering Technology. Would i have a hard time finding job in Singapore? I am current in Philippines but planning to go there.

jakjak

Post by jakjak » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 9:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a 24 yo PhD student studying in Australia who's soon to graduate. My research is in high tech clean energy area and when I graduate, I'll probably working in R&D technology sector of a high tech company. I've been offered a job in the US with base salary in the range of US$90-100k p.a. I also have an imminent offer from a European multinational company who's setting up a manufacturing facility in Singapore for a R&D job. I was just wondering, what base salary can I expect for someone with a background like mine? Can I expect similar salary to the one I've been offered in the US (i.e. US$90-100k/yr = S$130-150k/yr = S$10-12.5k/mth)?

What kind of living standard can I expect with that kind of salary in Singapore for a single guy? My biggest worry is rent, would anyone be kind enough to give a rough idea of the monthly rent for a 1 bedroom high-rise condo arnd 700-900sq ft (with amenities like air con, gym, parking, etc) in the Orchard road area. I like to live in bustling downtown area where I can get easy access to shops, malls, food, etc within walking distance.

Thanks in advance for everyone's kind and generous help.

Cheers,
Jakjak

laraharp

Music teacher

Post by laraharp » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 3:36 pm

Hi.

I am a 30 years old, Mmus and Bmus degree holder (Harp and Piano) from a recognized University from Hungary. (Franz Liszt Academy of Music)
I have at least 15 years relevant experience. 10 years in orchestra, at least 5 years teaching experience, children ranging from 6-17.

I have been offered a job paying 2000 $/month. She says it is because 30 hours only. Which means 16.60 $/hour.

Do I feel right that the person thinks I am stupid? Or it is simply not such high demand for music teachers at all? ( I bet I am wrong...)

philip2008

Budget rooms for rent at Bukit Timah, philip: 92333-578

Post by philip2008 » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 11:58 am

:D Budget rooms for rent at Bukit Timah, philip: 92333-578

diamonda

Re: Music teacher

Post by diamonda » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 1:56 pm

laraharp wrote:Hi.

I am a 30 years old, Mmus and Bmus degree holder (Harp and Piano) from a recognized University from Hungary. (Franz Liszt Academy of Music)
I have at least 15 years relevant experience. 10 years in orchestra, at least 5 years teaching experience, children ranging from 6-17.

I have been offered a job paying 2000 $/month. She says it is because 30 hours only. Which means 16.60 $/hour.

Do I feel right that the person thinks I am stupid? Or it is simply not such high demand for music teachers at all? ( I bet I am wrong...)
hi,

i'm not an expert in music industry..but my first opinion after reading your post is that "$2000 per month is really really low"..considering you have many years experience in teaching..and i think $16.60/hours sounds "too cheap" for a piano teacher..

just my cents views..

other experts in music will definitely have better views.. thanks

r2r

Avg. salary in IT

Post by r2r » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 12:41 pm

Hello there,

I'm from India and I want to know what is the average salary for a person with 5 years experience in Application Support? Right now, I'm working in an MNC in India and getting 3 lakhs rupees per annum. I got an offer from a co. in Singapore and I want to know what would be salary I should be asking for the offer. Is it okay if I ask for 6000-7000 Singapore $ per month? Are there any other packages I should be asking for? I'm married with a 3 yr old kid. I wont be getting them in Singapore soon. Normally, will the co. provide housing allowance and kids school fees seperately? And what would be the average monthly expense if I'm staying single there? Occasional eating out, no smoking, no drinks. And how much can one expect to save monthly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

sccspro

Post by sccspro » Tue, 04 Nov 2008 1:26 pm

I feel cheated now.
Thanks to you guys :-(

bermuda

Post by bermuda » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 1:37 am

hi, another one of the same qs: Working as a Senior Manager in a Big 4 in the UK, planning to move to Singapore, will someone give me an idea of salary etc I should expect. :))) I have done the requisite search of the forum , googled for the same qs and now I decided to go ahead and ask the qs.