Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Annakilly

Post by Annakilly » Thu, 21 Aug 2008 5:21 pm

Hello Everyone
Last edited by Annakilly on Sun, 24 Aug 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 3:58 am

movagn wrote:Hello Ladies,
I would like to ask your opinion/advice on dr. AMorn Poomee and Dr. Preecha.
Which one will you choose if you were to do breast reduction/lift?
I would like to do tummy tuck too, but it seems that it will take a much longer time to recoup if I were to do both at the same time...

Looking forward to hearing from you all....
both are good, dr preecha is the king of sex change and amorn is good for noses and breasts . u can check out thaivisa.com

good luck on ur op and if u actually do it, do update us abt the results. im considering yoskarn for further ( complex ) surgery such as browbone reduction, and most likely to taiwan for cheekbone/jaw op.
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

purplevioletdoll

Confused

Post by purplevioletdoll » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 5:31 am

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum. Was browsing through earlier while searching for information on PS.

After much reading, I realised that most singaporeans would rather get their surgery done overseas, one of them being Thailand. Are the doctors in Singapore really that bad or it is because it's costly getting it done here?

I've read so much about Dr Nara. And the best part of it is that it's freaking dirt cheap! That kinda worries me as I came across a post stating that he's not the kind of doctor who would be there for you, making sure everything is alright after the surgery. A scenario like "Ok, I've done my job, now it's all up to you to make sure you feel alright and recover well." That's what scares me. (im pretty much a stressed freak when it comes to medical conditions =X) People might comment that since it's dirt cheap, I would not expect a caring doctor patiently checking on my progress.

So my question is, is Nara's work really too good to be true for such a cheap price? Anyone has any regrets after getting "perfected" by him? I'm worried and truly hope Dr. Nara is someone professional and have the ability to craft good results. (hopefully long term)

It would be great if i could get recommendations regarding surgeons in Singapore as well. Someone who is honest and doesn't make you spend extra cash on areas you need not fix.

Thx for reading guys. Will be looking forward to good advice. And sorry about the long post. :)

PS: Btw, this may sound silly. I'm not quite sure what changes I want to get done on my face. I just feel something doesn't look right. However, i can't put a finger to what kinda surgery i need. Therefore I need a doctor who is patient enough to talk to me about it.

furly angel
Regular
Regular

Post by furly angel » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 4:28 pm

buttercookiebb wrote:
furly angel wrote:
fin_ad070 wrote: yup,i'm interested.need some company.r u a gal?
yup i am a female. im looking for company too. I wanna do those area. Have u call up his clinic? I hope he does have slot for Sep!
hi, i will be going at mid sep, from 18-21th @ Nara, i booked Nara on 18 Sep, u can call and ask, he quite available on Sep month, and yup female here too :wink:
what procedure will u be doing?
beauty is confidence

prido

Re: Confused

Post by prido » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 9:57 pm

purplevioletdoll wrote:Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum. Was browsing through earlier while searching for information on PS.

After much reading, I realised that most singaporeans would rather get their surgery done overseas, one of them being Thailand. Are the doctors in Singapore really that bad or it is because it's costly getting it done here?

I've read so much about Dr Nara. And the best part of it is that it's freaking dirt cheap! That kinda worries me as I came across a post stating that he's not the kind of doctor who would be there for you, making sure everything is alright after the surgery. A scenario like "Ok, I've done my job, now it's all up to you to make sure you feel alright and recover well." That's what scares me. (im pretty much a stressed freak when it comes to medical conditions =X) People might comment that since it's dirt cheap, I would not expect a caring doctor patiently checking on my progress.

So my question is, is Nara's work really too good to be true for such a cheap price? Anyone has any regrets after getting "perfected" by him? I'm worried and truly hope Dr. Nara is someone professional and have the ability to craft good results. (hopefully long term)

It would be great if i could get recommendations regarding surgeons in Singapore as well. Someone who is honest and doesn't make you spend extra cash on areas you need not fix.

Thx for reading guys. Will be looking forward to good advice. And sorry about the long post. :)

PS: Btw, this may sound silly. I'm not quite sure what changes I want to get done on my face. I just feel something doesn't look right. However, i can't put a finger to what kinda surgery i need. Therefore I need a doctor who is patient enough to talk to me about it.
hi..:) im new to this forum.. have been reading the thread for a long time already.. i have the same concern.. is dr nara professional enough..? will there be any communication breakdown with him..?
im really afraid that the operation might fail or u know i get allergic to the chemicals used and end up being disfigured..? dont want to ruin my face...

may i roughly know how much i need for the operation if i want to reshape my face( its chubby) and sharpen my nose...?

are there surgical methods to make eyes more attractive...?does dr nara offer..?

daybreakk
Regular
Regular

Post by daybreakk » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 12:20 am

I got personally know 6 persons done by dr nara.
I am one of them too. I did my chin, from the start, it has not been in position, but i thought was swelling but now its has been more than half a year and i returned tovisit nara in april, he knew something was wrong and offered to make correction for me for free but i have to return 3 months later (longer the better) which is july in order my chin scar tissue to completely heal before revising it. I believe that he is quite professional though. I also did my dimples with him,but it is gone now as he warned me be4 doing that it might go away. My friend did her nose with doctor nara too, and the surgery was very successful and even one of singapore famous astheticist georgia lee commented on her nose said that its very natural and nice..But unfortunately, her fren was disturbing her one day, and pinch her nose so hard until it bleeds, she didnt realise that the bleed caused infection and she return to nara 1 month after the incident, and nara said that it too deeply infected and had to be removed if not her nose will suffer more. and once again nara removed for her for free. Then the other friends of mine went over to nara to do lipo suction. one of them wanted to do full haul, but after doing tummy, she cancelled all other procedures as its too painful, so she came back only doing her tummy BUT!!! after she fully recovered, she wanted to do there to do her arms.. geez!! should have just did all together!!
But there are some cases from reading the forums that quite a few of nara patient had infections.
But i will definitely wan to return to nara to revise my chin, but he refused to revise my nose as he said that it's good enough. which I dont think so. Might redo the dimples too, this time ask him to make it deeper and also lipo my tummy..
prido wrote:

hi..:) im new to this forum.. have been reading the thread for a long time already.. i have the same concern.. is dr nara professional enough..? will there be any communication breakdown with him..?
im really afraid that the operation might fail or u know i get allergic to the chemicals used and end up being disfigured..? dont want to ruin my face...

may i roughly know how much i need for the operation if i want to reshape my face( its chubby) and sharpen my nose...?

are there surgical methods to make eyes more attractive...?does dr nara offer..?

purplevioletdoll

Post by purplevioletdoll » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 3:48 am

prido wrote:

Greetings Prido, :)

I am feeling the same way as you. I'm considering reshaping my face and perhaps my nose. I'm also so so worried that something might go wrong during the surgery and that a whole string of infections will occur after the surgery. It's not like I'm getting it done in Singapore and when a problem arises, I could happily head over to the clinic to get it fixed. Dr Nara is so far away... and during the waiting period (for the appointment and flight date etc) I would be worrying like crazy about what's gonna happen to my face.

My other fears would include:

1) Worrying that the final results will make me look worse. (which means that I have wasted my money and might even go through depression cos I would have looked better without my "new" transformation.)

2) I'm not satisfied with it. :( (I know that when it comes to looking beautiful, no one is ever satisfied.)

To be honest, I'm a person with really low self esteem. I'm considering PS to make myself look better and feel better. I'm so confused... should I go through all that and would I even look better and feel better in the end?

It would be awesome if you guys could kindly show me pictures of yourself before and after the surgery. It would help make me feel heaps better : ) Thank you. :D

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 5:10 am

purplevioletdoll wrote:
prido wrote:

Greetings Prido, :)

I am feeling the same way as you. I'm considering reshaping my face and perhaps my nose. I'm also so so worried that something might go wrong during the surgery and that a whole string of infections will occur after the surgery. It's not like I'm getting it done in Singapore and when a problem arises, I could happily head over to the clinic to get it fixed. Dr Nara is so far away... and during the waiting period (for the appointment and flight date etc) I would be worrying like crazy about what's gonna happen to my face.

My other fears would include:

1) Worrying that the final results will make me look worse. (which means that I have wasted my money and might even go through depression cos I would have looked better without my "new" transformation.)

2) I'm not satisfied with it. :( (I know that when it comes to looking beautiful, no one is ever satisfied.)

To be honest, I'm a person with really low self esteem. I'm considering PS to make myself look better and feel better. I'm so confused... should I go through all that and would I even look better and feel better in the end?

It would be awesome if you guys could kindly show me pictures of yourself before and after the surgery. It would help make me feel heaps better : ) Thank you. :D
PS can and will be addictive. You need to look hard in the mirror, be objective, tell yourself what you like and what you dun like. And from what you dun like, how do you want to improve it? That should give you an idea of what procedures you want exactly. Otherwise you might be going thru countless procedures and still not getting what you want.

Dr Nara speaks good English, and he will always dissuade you from doing extra stuff, rather than coercing you into procedures you do not need. Even if you really want a certain procedure, he might still not go ahead with it like daybreakk said, just because he feels you do not need it. I have done eyelids, chin, rhino, alar, dimples with him, and am very satisfied with him. More satisfied than the procedures i had with tokai.

if you suffer any problems with your op, dr nara is willing to revise it for you. just give him a call. i have said b4 that nara is not the place if you want excellent after-care, and i guess i have been misconstrued. i dun mean that he will not care abt u at all after ur op. just that there is no stay-over after the op. In fact, i will always go back to nara for a free check up just b4 i fly bk to sg each time.

nara is not too good to be true. he may not be the best in the biz, but he def ranks up there, and his pricing just makes it amazing value for money. i guess if u r really concerned, u can always extend your stay in hatyai, and go bk to him every few days for a check. i like going to him, cos he will give you meds and advice etc on how to take care of myself, thus i dun need to stay in hatyai for long.

you have to be mentally strong to go thru PS. the first month after ps, you will be very depressed. you will look swollen and hideous and may feel that you look much uglier. you will regret having done PS etc... it's just a normal rite of passage in PS
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 5:13 am

you can always consult with a ps in sg and then do what he recommends in thailand. alternatively some korean ps do provide free makeover pix to show you what you can achieve :)

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 5:18 am

prido wrote:

there are reasons for a chubby looking face, cld be fats (can be removed by cheek lipo, but Nara doesn't do it), cld be short chin resulting in disproportion (can be remedied by chin implant) etc. you need to identify the reason first, before you know which op to do, and whether nara does it

dr nara only does silicone L-implant and alarplasty for nose. so you need to do some homework and see if that will suit you.

for eyes, dr nara can only redo ur current dbl eyelids, or give u new ones. other than that, he only does eye bags for eye area.

for a list of procedures and his corresponding price list, do refer to pg 1 of this thread

prido

Post by prido » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 8:43 am

aadvark wrote:
prido wrote:

there are reasons for a chubby looking face, cld be fats (can be removed by cheek lipo, but Nara doesn't do it), cld be short chin resulting in disproportion (can be remedied by chin implant) etc. you need to identify the reason first, before you know which op to do, and whether nara does it

dr nara only does silicone L-implant and alarplasty for nose. so you need to do some homework and see if that will suit you.

for eyes, dr nara can only redo ur current dbl eyelids, or give u new ones. other than that, he only does eye bags for eye area.

for a list of procedures and his corresponding price list, do refer to pg 1 of this thread
i think mine's because of fats...so he doesnt do that.. hmm.. first month look hideous..? but i thought the swollen-ness subdie after2 weeks..?
are there any cases of failed plastic surgery...?

prido

Post by prido » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 8:47 am

aadvark wrote:
prido wrote:

u mention that u did ur cheek lipo by Tokai
where is it..? is the rate same as nara..?
im getting a little confuse here.. tokai and yanhee do they all charge the same rate..? how about the kind of procedures they perform..?
please enlighten me! thank you:)

fin_ad070

Post by fin_ad070 » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 12:55 pm

i have not fix any appt yet.thought of finding a khaki,discuss the duration 1st then book together.my time should be quite flexible.:)
furly angel wrote:
buttercookiebb wrote:
furly angel wrote: yup i am a female. im looking for company too. I wanna do those area. Have u call up his clinic? I hope he does have slot for Sep!
hi, i will be going at mid sep, from 18-21th @ Nara, i booked Nara on 18 Sep, u can call and ask, he quite available on Sep month, and yup female here too :wink:
what procedure will u be doing?

prido

Post by prido » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 1:20 pm

im looking for people to go with me too :)
most probably i want to go during off peak season..?
most probably coming january.
is that place safe now..? what if the hotel gets bombed? =X i dont wanna die there..

purplevioletdoll

Post by purplevioletdoll » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 2:09 pm

prido wrote:im looking for people to go with me too :)
most probably i want to go during off peak season..?
most probably coming january.
is that place safe now..? what if the hotel gets bombed? =X i dont wanna die there..
Firstly I would like to thank Aadvark for giving me the advice i seek. Thank you. :)

Prido, perhaps we could seek comfort in each other if we plan to get PS done in Thailand. Lol. It's so far away and I wouldn't wanna go there alone and feel all scared and worried. Having a friend by your side would do wonders in a situation like this. Especially when you're gonna go through a painful and dramatic surgery and as well as having to visit a foreign country. No offense, but Dr Nara's clinic location doesn't sound like a safe and pleasant place to visit alone especially when you're a young lady.