Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:52 pm

fricilia wrote:hello was wondering if there're any girls in sq who're around 156cm?
i heard there're such girls, but how do they manage to pass the height round? i can touch the safety equip line but fail at the measurements.
any advice?
"You heard." What you heard and what the truth is may well turn out to be two different things. :( Since you state yourself you fail the height regulation why chase a job you know you are not going to get? Doesn't make sense does it? Try for a ground position if you are keen to work for an airline, it can be equally as rewarding as, if not more than cabin crew although it will take longer. Apart from that inquire into Tiger Airways their cabin crew don't need to be quite as tall as SIA's as the planes are different configuration.

viper
Regular
Regular

Post by viper » Thu, 14 Aug 2008 9:11 am

going for walk in interview on 24 August.

ireneapplebe

got walk-in interview?

Post by ireneapplebe » Thu, 14 Aug 2008 4:44 pm

I'm korean Singapore PR married and got one child.
Am I still eligable to go Walk in interview?

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Re: got walk-in interview?

Post by catcrazy » Thu, 14 Aug 2008 6:49 pm

ireneapplebe wrote:I'm korean Singapore PR married and got one child.
Am I still eligable to go Walk in interview?
no you arent. but you can do a write in

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... nCrew2.jsp

shumito

Post by shumito » Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:45 pm

Dear Lovely Shan

Is it compulsory to put on nail polish?

Does SIA specify specific brands of cosmetics and nail polish that you have to use? Or do you go shopping for your own brands of cosmetics and nail polish?

How much do you spend on cosmetics and nail polish per month?

Does SIA forbid cabin crew from wearing spectacles?

What are the other negative points about this job?

Thank you in advance. :D

Lovely shan
Regular
Regular

Post by Lovely shan » Fri, 15 Aug 2008 1:48 pm

shumito wrote:Dear Lovely Shan

Is it compulsory to put on nail polish?

Does SIA specify specific brands of cosmetics and nail polish that you have to use? Or do you go shopping for your own brands of cosmetics and nail polish?

How much do you spend on cosmetics and nail polish per month?

Does SIA forbid cabin crew from wearing spectacles?

What are the other negative points about this job?

Thank you in advance. :D
You can pm me for details. Thanks.

Mushroom
Regular
Regular

Post by Mushroom » Sat, 16 Aug 2008 1:50 am

Hi all,
I would like to ask:

1) Does pasting double eyelid sticker affect my chance during kebaya round? Maybe they prefer girls to be natural?

2) If interviewers were to ask if i have tried other airlines, what should i say? Becos i tried Silkair before, will they have records?
Live believing - dreams are for living,
Wonders are waiting to start.

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Sat, 16 Aug 2008 10:53 pm

Mushroom wrote:Hi all,
I would like to ask:

1) Does pasting double eyelid sticker affect my chance during kebaya round? Maybe they prefer girls to be natural?

2) If interviewers were to ask if i have tried other airlines, what should i say? Becos i tried Silkair before, will they have records?
I don't think any of these would matter. Just be honest and sincere :)

name

hai!

Post by name » Sun, 17 Aug 2008 1:22 pm

SQ gerls are so arrogant and they think they are pretty.anyway they are just air hostess who also needs to wash toilets!

Soplid

Post by Soplid » Sun, 17 Aug 2008 6:04 pm

Hmm hmm.. to clean up what we need to use almost everyday ain't anything to be ashamed of. ho ho ho ho.. though there're thousands of pages.. i was just hoping that i didn't skip thru any of the pages that talks about stewards~! gOsh.. anyone else's heading for this walk-in on 24th Aug 2008? :D :D
Hi there.. feel free to drop me a mail :P

Ode

Post by Ode » Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:30 pm

Will
Last edited by Ode on Sat, 08 Aug 2009 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:39 pm

Ode wrote:Will 170cm be too tall for a stewardess? I do know of ppl who are quite tall frm a young age while i'm pathetically at 157cm... Any other criteria they must meet?
I think you may find that is way too tall (6' 6") if I have read the conversion right (still thinking in imperial measurements. :oops: ). Not only be uncomfortable in the cabin the crew rest area in a 747 for example has an even lower roof!

lavinbubu

Post by lavinbubu » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 6:17 pm

hey every1.. I'm a newbie here.. i went for the 16th of august 2008 walk in interview and being selected.. i'm actually graduating soon as a degree holder in middle of november and SIA management ppl said i can go for their training rite after my finals.. tmr will be going for the medical checkup..

Hi, Lovely shan.. i have a few questions wanna ask u.. Hope u dun mind answering for me.. :)

1. Does SIA provide hostel? i know we hav to rent rooms over there during training.. how bout after the training?

2. I know allowance will be paid during the 4 months training which is SD1200. then the management ppl said when we really become a FA, the basic is SD1200 plus allowance will be bout SD3500. Will the paid goes even higher? the maximum can reach untill?

3. For long distance flight which we have to stay there for 2 to 3 days.. i know we will be staying in 4 stars hotel.. how bout meals? do they provide us as well?

4. Bout their makeup, it is complusory to put on light blue eyeshadow and such red lipstick.. honestly, i dun really like (sorry gal.. No offense ya!). Can we have our own makeup?

5. During the training, are there any chances to being kicked out? if fail their paper or exam?

thx alot~

Lovely shan
Regular
Regular

Post by Lovely shan » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 9:02 pm

lavinbubu wrote:hey every1.. I'm a newbie here.. i went for the 16th of august 2008 walk in interview and being selected.. i'm actually graduating soon as a degree holder in middle of november and SIA management ppl said i can go for their training rite after my finals.. tmr will be going for the medical checkup..

Hi, Lovely shan.. i have a few questions wanna ask u.. Hope u dun mind answering for me.. :)

1. Does SIA provide hostel? i know we hav to rent rooms over there during training.. how bout after the training? are u a foreigner? Well, from what i know from my batchies, they rent rooms on their own.

2. I know allowance will be paid during the 4 months training which is SD1200. then the management ppl said when we really become a FA, the basic is SD1200 plus allowance will be bout SD3500. Will the paid goes even higher? the maximum can reach untill? Yupz. Max sometimes good times ard 4 plus .

3. For long distance flight which we have to stay there for 2 to 3 days.. i know we will be staying in 4 stars hotel.. how bout meals? do they provide us as well? Meals on your own expense. Honestly, now nightsttopping is realli not nightstopping..is very rush..u wont get clear 3 days my dear.

4. Bout their makeup, it is complusory to put on light blue eyeshadow and such red lipstick.. honestly, i dun really like (sorry gal.. No offense ya!). Can we have our own makeup? Nope. their colour code.

5. During the training, are there any chances to being kicked out? if fail their paper or exam? Dont worry u will pass.. it's easy!

thx alot~

ladyinc

SQ has new policy??

Post by ladyinc » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 9:10 pm

Hi dear friends, my friend just told me that SQ has just set a new policy pertaining to repeated applicants having to fulfill a ban of at least 5months between their first interview and the next. Is this true? Is it valid only for applicants who got out only at the management round? Can anyone confirm? I just went for the writein on the 5th aug and got out at the kebaya round. So im trying of trying my luck again during the walkin interview on the 24th aug. Hope someone will be able to reply soon.
Thanks!