Singapore Expats

Houskeeper/Nanny

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
colettekent

Houskeeper/Nanny

Post by colettekent » Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:30 am

Hi,
As we will shortly be relocating to Singapore, i was wondering about the Houskeeper/Nanny situation???
1) Do i go through an agency (does anyone know of one)
2) Roughly how much per month would a live in HK/N cost?

Thanks for any advice
Colette

neia_g2000

Post by neia_g2000 » Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:08 am

try to check http://mom.gov.sg/publish/momportal/en/ ... rkers.html

you could go through an agency but it's better if you have referrals from friends

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:42 am

There are numerous threads on here regarding domestic help/maids here if you use the search facility at the top left side of this page.

Basically though, it will cost you $265/month for the Domestic Foreign worker levy plus the cost of the maid. If you are looking for an English Speaking maid, you will probably opt for a Filipina Maid which will cost you a minimum of $350/mo. If they are transfer maids with experience here already and know how to prepare western foods, and take care of infants/toddlers and have worked for Expats previously, they can cost upward of 500 to 750/mo in addition to the monthly levy cost.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers