Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Mushroom
Regular
Regular

Post by Mushroom » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 7:05 pm

Btw i saw this ex-cabin crew cum interviewer - Mr Luke Tan blog. He will be giving tips and sharing session for cabin crew wannabe. Has anyone attended & it is useful?
Live believing - dreams are for living,
Wonders are waiting to start.

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 1:03 am

hi,

I managed to pass my management today from 5th aug's interview. 6 of us spilled over from 5th aug to today's final round and all of us passed :) I've tried a few times before succeeding so to those out there who failed: do not despair and try again!

Here's to share my experience. I'm sure all these are repeated over and over again across pages but well, treat this as an updated one then lol

1st round: self intro. Might be good to say something interesting to catch their attention but i didn't really. Just gave a simple self intro. But make sure you engage them in terms of smiles, body language and eye contact. And good english too. Passing rate 3/9

2nd round: kebaya + skin check. The procedure for write-ins is really much simpler than walk-ins. This was my weakness previously, but maybe passing rate was higher cos all 3 of us got through.

3rd round: 1-1 interview. The interviewer was very friendly, and she mostly asked about my current job, why i wanna join SQ, other very generic questions plus some scenario questions. Then read a simple passage. The toughest part is probably the scenario questions but as long as you know something about customer service, you should be fine. And smile! Passing rate: 1/3

4th round: management interview. Much like the 3rd round, only with more questions. They can ask you anything under the sun eg. your job, family, future plans. Basically they just want to get to know you better so try your best to upsell! For example if they said you are on the heavy side, don't just blush and smile. Say you're currently doing something about it. If they say you look weak, tell them you've been going to the gym. Not asking you to lie but.... say something useful at least. Passing rate: 1/1 :P

Overall, in my opinion, what they wanna see is the warmth and friendliness in your personality, your maturity, seriousness and understanding in the job. This job is definitely not 'glam', let them know you understand that. Apart from that, the superficial requirements would surely be good skin, good posture, good grooming. Carry yourself well, speak good english, speak with confidence and smile lots :) You might wanna go for Luke's talk but the wealth of knowledge and advice is also all among these pages :)

Good luck! Feel free to PM me any questions :)

violettes

Post by violettes » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 6:19 am

yep, i was told to come by 11aug for a briefing though i had my medical checkup done on 7aug. so by the time im there, i act wont know the outcome of my med till a later stage. smilez. i think i saw a grp of girls today handling some cert...so they havent confirm employment yet i presume?

jingalbelle

Post by jingalbelle » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 10:17 am

Hi, just would like to know how long u need to wait for the medical result if you are sucess? But needed 1 mth notice from ur current job?

I been waited for mine

violettes

Post by violettes » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 1:23 pm

hi jingalbelle,when did u go for ur medical? i went on 7aug...but am totally clueless too when will i noe the outcome

dannyooi_84
Regular
Regular

Post by dannyooi_84 » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 3:14 pm

anyone going to SIA interview in KL next week?

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 3:34 pm

dannyooi_84 wrote:anyone going to SIA interview in KL next week?
Hey, I'm going... hahaha....
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 4:20 pm

am going too...hahha...but maybe its my last time trying for SIA...
Accomplish or do not begin

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 4:39 pm

caryssa wrote:am going too...hahha...but maybe its my last time trying for SIA...
You sure it's your last time? Don't worried I will make you want to keep on trying...
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

Mushroom
Regular
Regular

Post by Mushroom » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 4:43 pm

akiheartfelt wrote:hi,

I managed to pass my management today from 5th aug's interview. 6 of us spilled over from 5th aug to today's final round and all of us passed :) I've tried a few times before succeeding so to those out there who failed: do not despair and try again!

Here's to share my experience. I'm sure all these are repeated over and over again across pages but well, treat this as an updated one then lol

1st round: self intro. Might be good to say something interesting to catch their attention but i didn't really. Just gave a simple self intro. But make sure you engage them in terms of smiles, body language and eye contact. And good english too. Passing rate 3/9

2nd round: kebaya + skin check. The procedure for write-ins is really much simpler than walk-ins. This was my weakness previously, but maybe passing rate was higher cos all 3 of us got through.

3rd round: 1-1 interview. The interviewer was very friendly, and she mostly asked about my current job, why i wanna join SQ, other very generic questions plus some scenario questions. Then read a simple passage. The toughest part is probably the scenario questions but as long as you know something about customer service, you should be fine. And smile! Passing rate: 1/3

4th round: management interview. Much like the 3rd round, only with more questions. They can ask you anything under the sun eg. your job, family, future plans. Basically they just want to get to know you better so try your best to upsell! For example if they said you are on the heavy side, don't just blush and smile. Say you're currently doing something about it. If they say you look weak, tell them you've been going to the gym. Not asking you to lie but.... say something useful at least. Passing rate: 1/1 :P

Overall, in my opinion, what they wanna see is the warmth and friendliness in your personality, your maturity, seriousness and understanding in the job. This job is definitely not 'glam', let them know you understand that. Apart from that, the superficial requirements would surely be good skin, good posture, good grooming. Carry yourself well, speak good english, speak with confidence and smile lots :) You might wanna go for Luke's talk but the wealth of knowledge and advice is also all among these pages :)

Good luck! Feel free to PM me any questions :)
Thanks akiheartfelt for your wonderful tips. Actually i do agree that write in are much easier be it first round or Kabaya fitting. Because walk in has more checking on kebaya fitting and during round 1 there would be times they throw you senario questions other than self intro. This was what i encounter during the last month interview. That's why i'm so disappointed that i dun even have the chance to go thru round 1.
Live believing - dreams are for living,
Wonders are waiting to start.

dannyooi_84
Regular
Regular

Post by dannyooi_84 » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 4:58 pm

Don't give up caryssa.try until you got it. Of cos, if you fail your at your 100th attempt, means you are not suitable to be one ler.

During my 1st try, i managed to make it till the 3rd round. Hope this time i'll be able to make it further.

stripes

Post by stripes » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 6:05 pm

I wonder by any chance we can write in during this period cos my computer was down recently, just managed to get it alive.

Also do they screen thru application or ban ur email add?

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 11:22 pm

violettes wrote:hi jingalbelle,when did u go for ur medical? i went on 7aug...but am totally clueless too when will i noe the outcome
I went for my medical on 7 aug too but was called up today to be informed i have mild scoliosis! Boohoo! Had to fork out $$$$ to get it checked again and now crossing my fingers that everything will be fine.

So i think that they already have your report out, just that would only call you after their admin work is done.

strictly-vintage

confused

Post by strictly-vintage » Sat, 09 Aug 2008 12:27 am

hi guys! congrats to those who made it last tues and yesterday. i couldn't make it for the interview due to work committments. my boss wouldn't let me take the day off. anyhows, with regards to the kebaya skin check, do you girls wear abit of make up or none at all? from my previous tries, i noticed that they picked the girls with none at all.

it's kind of confusing cos' people are saying different things. some - 'make a cake' on your face, others - wear a bit and the minority -don't wear any at all. i've recently rectified my skin problem and the only marks visable are my veins. so, should i or should i not cover it up on my next try?

many thanks...
slowly but surely...we will make it.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 09 Aug 2008 12:53 am

Abercrombie wrote: Bro Malaysian does not get housing allowance lah, only crew with foreigner contract will get it aka those with gold name tag :wink:
I thought I have made myself very clear #-o