Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Lovely shan
Regular
Regular

Post by Lovely shan » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 4:24 pm

dannyooi_84 wrote:Hey guys, i want to ask a question regarding the salary as a SIA cabin crew. I know basic + allowances equals to around $3500. So roughly what will the balance be after minus off rental, food, bills and etc? I guess it will be less than $1000. I assume that all spending is at minimal. No party life and all sorts. I'm a malaysian btw.
Hi dannyooi_84,

Basic is 1200 plus fixed aloowances of laundary is amounted to ard 1800.

Fying alllowances + basic - gross ard 3.5k to 5k.

Net pay is on how spendthrift you are or how 'save' you are... i can managed to save ard 2k everymth.

ahemrmompmlhaaniez
Regular
Regular

Post by ahemrmompmlhaaniez » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 4:43 pm

Hi Lovely Shan,

Still rem me? I tot u wanna try oth airline? Since SIA invite u to mgmt rd directly, ur chances will be high. Great + ''Jia You"!!
Me tried on the write in but failed.

dannyooi_84
Regular
Regular

Post by dannyooi_84 » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 4:46 pm

lovely shan...thanks for replying. So 3.5k to 5k is only for the junior ranking FS/FSS right? what is the pay structure, i mean for other ranks

violettes

Post by violettes » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 4:59 pm

hi all.i jus registered here after gg for 7aug write in interview w SIA. I have tried multiple times and this time round i make it thru the management round..so literally waiting for results.
for the 7aug candidates, i dont think many make through. i was the first to go in for the 7aug batch (mgmt round), the 2nd one din make it. the 3rd one's a guy and the 4th one was asked to come back 4mgmt round on 24th during sheraton walk in. no idea whether the guy did. But there were quite a handful who made it thru the mgmt round for the 5th aug batch ; )

miss elle

Re: sia cabin crew kebaya test

Post by miss elle » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 5:13 pm

catcrazy wrote:
miss elle wrote: Thank you very much for the tips, catcrazy :)
I think i did well in all the above, except for my teeth. My upper teeth are not really straight, and two obvious gaps between the lower teeths.
Do you think this can be a limitation for me?
Thanks again.
dont worry abt it=] i have a gap in my teeth on my upper row which is very obvious when i smile and pple see the right side of my smile=P managed to get thru anyway. and a few of my friends have slightly crooked teeth. as long as you have a beautiful smile which lights up your face and the teeth arent jarringly bad, they wont be a problem=)
:)

Thank you, catcrazy.
You strengthen my hope for the next interview.
I will fly over to KL for 16th August interview to try again.
:)

bezack

Post by bezack » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 5:20 pm

violettes wrote:hi all.i jus registered here after gg for 7aug write in interview w SIA. I have tried multiple times and this time round i make it thru the management round..so literally waiting for results.
for the 7aug candidates, i dont think many make through. i was the first to go in for the 7aug batch (mgmt round), the 2nd one din make it. the 3rd one's a guy and the 4th one was asked to come back 4mgmt round on 24th during sheraton walk in. no idea whether the guy did. But there were quite a handful who made it thru the mgmt round for the 5th aug batch ; )
I made it thru the 5th aug mgmt rd. there were about 8 of us tt made thru..

violettes

Post by violettes » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 5:36 pm

hi mushroom. i saw ur msg..but im a newbie so cant pm u yet. perhaps u wana gif me ur msn so i can add u?
bezack: wow! so many frm ur batch..congrats! for mine...i duno...including me at most 3..i din stay on after my fren was told she din. so haf u gone for medical checkup? gg for 11th aug pre employment briefing right?=)

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 5:37 pm

summerboy02 wrote:Dear All

With the recent 2 rounds of promotions this year for LS,am I right to say that they will recruit a little more stewards to fill up the headcounts for the Galley Steward who have been promoted to LS?

Is SIA still in need of Galley Steward?

Many thanks
Try emailing HR? :cool: We have excess of FS from my point of view.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 5:40 pm

dannyooi_84 wrote:Hey guys, i want to ask a question regarding the salary as a SIA cabin crew. I know basic + allowances equals to around $3500. So roughly what will the balance be after minus off rental, food, bills and etc? I guess it will be less than $1000. I assume that all spending is at minimal. No party life and all sorts. I'm a malaysian btw.
You will get additional housing allowances and trust me, you can still afford your LV and Prada. So SGD1000 is too little for imagination? :cool:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 5:46 pm

M wrote:
You will get additional housing allowances and trust me, you can still afford your LV and Prada. So SGD1000 is too little for imagination? :cool:
Bro Malaysian does not get housing allowance lah, only crew with foreigner contract will get it aka those with gold name tag :wink:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 5:49 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
M wrote:
Bro Malaysian does not get housing allowance lah, only crew with foreigner contract will get it aka those with gold name tag :wink:
Serious? :) My bad, I think too much info squeezed! :) I thought someone told me something somewhere, oh nevermind. :)

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 5:54 pm

For those very stingy type 1 month saving $2000- $2500 no problem :tongue:

FS $3500- $5000
LS +500 frm FS
CS +1000 frm FS
IFS +2000 frm FS

As the pay is highly dependent on the flts one's do every month, the final increment also varies with +- $1000

bezack

Post by bezack » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 6:08 pm

violettes wrote:hi mushroom. i saw ur msg..but im a newbie so cant pm u yet. perhaps u wana gif me ur msn so i can add u?
bezack: wow! so many frm ur batch..congrats! for mine...i duno...including me at most 3..i din stay on after my fren was told she din. so haf u gone for medical checkup? gg for 11th aug pre employment briefing right?=)
Oh my batch went for the briefing yesterday! Had to do the medical checkup yesterday and head down to STC in the afternoon.

The Pre Employment briefing is also for you to submit your educational certs etc right? :)

dannyooi_84
Regular
Regular

Post by dannyooi_84 » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 6:21 pm

hey Abercombie, you mentioned that foreign crew have housing allowance right? So do Malaysian get the housing allowance?

Mushroom
Regular
Regular

Post by Mushroom » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 6:41 pm

violettes wrote:hi mushroom. i saw ur msg..but im a newbie so cant pm u yet. perhaps u wana gif me ur msn so i can add u?
Hey violettes, i have given you my msn. Do add me. Thanks..
Live believing - dreams are for living,
Wonders are waiting to start.