Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
bezack

Post by bezack » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 6:07 pm

ahemrmompmlhaaniez wrote:Hi bezack,
hmm ic.. i was there ard 11am++
no i was out during 1st rd :cry: anyway, good luck and all the best to u!
Thank you! and do PM me if you need any help pertaining to the interview alright :)

bezack

Post by bezack » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 6:17 pm

Mushroom wrote:I do agree that Write-in seems to have a better chance but so sad i still can't make it. You really got to speak well and have lots of confidence. The girls that got selected i would say really presented very well. Nevertheless i still think that minorities stand a very good chance. The other grp tt i saw, all 3 girls selected are minorities.

Galz: i just sent a PM to you, it's regarding trying out again tmr. . Do check out..
Sorry Mushroom, It's not Galz here but you've PM-ed me.. I can't reply yet as my pm feature isn't fully activated due to too lil' posts.

Hang in dere, will reply you asap when my pm is activated!

timelessjer

Post by timelessjer » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 7:23 pm

can i check with u guys hw u all find out the dates wher ther would be interviews?

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 7:56 pm

Dear All

With the recent 2 rounds of promotions this year for LS,am I right to say that they will recruit a little more stewards to fill up the headcounts for the Galley Steward who have been promoted to LS?

Is SIA still in need of Galley Steward?

Many thanks

Mushroom
Regular
Regular

Post by Mushroom » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 12:03 pm

I'm the first to write about today interview which also means i didn't make it tt why i can post so early.

Anyway it's failure again, the smell of kabaya is getting futher and further. It's so near yet so far..

I really need encouragement & motivation, 6 times of rejection! Maybe i'm really not the one they are looking for but i keep forcing myself to go for interview.

Today, i was the last grp for the morning batch so they anyhow lump the girls and guys together and onli 6 candidates. I thought i stand a chance but i think i spoke too much & was too nervous. When the result was out only 1 candidate was selected. I think they hv enough ppl at that time. So served me right for being late..
Live believing - dreams are for living,
Wonders are waiting to start.

southpaw

Post by southpaw » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 1:04 pm

:(
i was kicked out as well.

and the interviewer are the 2 woman that the girls said they only choose the pretty girls.

oh, well.

Mushroom
Regular
Regular

Post by Mushroom » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 2:08 pm

Southpaw: Hmm not true leh, the only girl tt got selected is not very pretty. Just that she bun up her hair and look like a cabin crew. There were another prettier malay girl in my grp, surprise she wasn't in.

southpaw

Post by southpaw » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 2:17 pm

ermm...for my group, the two girls did not talked much though...but they r the prettiest...

i read from other forum saying tht these 2 interviewer choose those they like, do not really based on what we talked...

Mushroom
Regular
Regular

Post by Mushroom » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 3:33 pm

Hmm but how do u know they are the same 2 female interviewers? But i recognise one interviewer, she's always the one there interviewing for Round 1.

Lovely shan
Regular
Regular

Post by Lovely shan » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 3:46 pm

Hey guys,

i din turn up today, well i was told to wait to go for mgt round straight. so will not be that soon. :)

poohie

Post by poohie » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 3:57 pm

Mushroom wrote:Southpaw: Hmm not true leh, the only girl tt got selected is not very pretty. Just that she bun up her hair and look like a cabin crew. There were another prettier malay girl in my grp, surprise she wasn't in.
Mushroom not sure if we are in the same grp today ... ur description seems to be the same as my grp. Only one was selected and the one whom got in wasnt very pretty.

Lovely shan
Regular
Regular

Post by Lovely shan » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 4:02 pm

poohie wrote:
Mushroom wrote:Southpaw: Hmm not true leh, the only girl tt got selected is not very pretty. Just that she bun up her hair and look like a cabin crew. There were another prettier malay girl in my grp, surprise she wasn't in.
Mushroom not sure if we are in the same grp today ... ur description seems to be the same as my grp. Only one was selected and the one whom got in wasnt very pretty.
What sq look for now is not purely 'pretty' in the sense but know how to react and present her most confident way on the spot and also sometimes i would say it's purely luck.

Mushroom
Regular
Regular

Post by Mushroom » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 4:02 pm

Poohie: What time is your interview? Mine was the last batch for the morning group at around 1130am.

Lovely Shan: How come you can go to management round straight? Were u a former cabin crew or from Silkair?

dannyooi_84
Regular
Regular

Post by dannyooi_84 » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 4:05 pm

Hey guys, i want to ask a question regarding the salary as a SIA cabin crew. I know basic + allowances equals to around $3500. So roughly what will the balance be after minus off rental, food, bills and etc? I guess it will be less than $1000. I assume that all spending is at minimal. No party life and all sorts. I'm a malaysian btw.

Lovely shan
Regular
Regular

Post by Lovely shan » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 4:21 pm

Mushroom wrote:Poohie: What time is your interview? Mine was the last batch for the morning group at around 1130am.

Lovely Shan: How come you can go to management round straight? Were u a former cabin crew or from Silkair?
Hi mushroom,

I was an ex cabin crew from SIA . Cheers