Singapore Expats

The Ugly Singaporean

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:42 am

Things just got "ugly" :lol:

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cutiebutie » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:14 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:cutiebutie,

It would seem you should do some occasional research into your verbal sparring partners. Had you done so, you wouldn't look quite so "egg-on-faceish" regarding your latest tirade on the "royal we".

sierra2469alpha, had you bothered to read a lot of their posts, is a couple who alternatively posts sometime with "P", sometimes with "C" and often with both "P & C" which is not necessarily to be confused with PC but as they are a team, they are entirely within their right to use "WE".

This one's for you:
:P
To be quite honest, SMS, I don't really care if it is one or two of them, neither do I care if their post starts with a P, C or any other alphabet. I take the post as a post, seldom as a poster.
Research into sparring partners? I didn't realise I had any. from memory their posts are usually not outstanding in a positive or negative way, this grilling came out of left field. Research?

If they are using their combined brain-power for contributions then the last one was a bit weak.
(I will go get my father/mother/sister/brother/uncle/nephew.niece etc to help me post next.)

What was the issue? sierradelta-porcordorf made a few statements which were quite incorrect and also - incorrectly - made assumptions about me or my knowledge, background etc...

Do you have anything to add to the other 99% of the post or would you just Just join the obfuscation crew, SMS

Guess what will be the topic of conversation now - started so nicely by you - the 'We', and the rest slips into oblivion. Nice.

I think I'll go geek and give myself a call sign next - how about alphabravodeltaxyz12345. More respect now?

Can you explain what an all and sundry response is?

Yes, yes, I have gone on about this on my response, but I felt yours was unnecessarily long-winded and had nothing to do with the crux of the issue. Egg on my face - if you wish - but do you know if I am sitting here alone or post as cutibutie at times? :?

Oh, and my colleague agrees with me, so that makes that a We think sierrayaddayaddayadda bases his assertions on being in seven countries in eight weeks and knows nothing about the internal workings of a mission, as being in a country hardly gives you insight into these buildings, does it.

Ah, I could go on. :D But won't. Can't wait for tangoandcash12345 to focus on the We, as he seems to need support for his position.

Darn, I said I'd stop!!!!! .
- Thank God for Darwin -

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Post by banana » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:37 pm

is anyone else getting really turned on? :lol:
some signatures are more equal than others

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cutiebutie » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:41 pm

Is that you, benanas? (as in your alter ego bananas)
- Thank God for Darwin -

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:51 pm

cutiebutie wrote:
To be quite honest, SMS,...........................Darn, I said I'd stop!!!!! .
And with that folks, is how someone with what is obviously a lot of intelligence & education, makes a fool out of themselves........

.......and she wonders why she doesn't get too much respect here. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:56 pm

cutiebutie wrote:... on being in seven countries in eight weeks and knows nothing about the internal workings of a mission, as being in a country hardly gives you insight into these buildings, does it....
We were actually in the cons/embassies - It's called part of one of our jobs - not one of our parents jobs.

That being said, I am hardly going to continue satisfy your seemingly insatiable desire to denigrate either myself or my wife, nor am I particularly interested in you vainly and audaciously attempting to justify your wealth of knowledge and obvious years of wisdom - I have far better activities to do in these forums, like helping out where I can with my obviously inferior intellect and experience.

However I am sure you will not let my final posting on this matter go unpunished, therefore demonstrating, yet again, the aforementioned.

P

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 1:22 pm

cutiebutie wrote:I said I'd stop!!!!! .
Under the circumstances, that is actually rather a good idea.

It's hard to back down when we feel unjustly criticised, but sometimes it's best to retreat and live to post another day. I've lashed out in the past too so I'm speaking not from a podium but as a scarred comrade, if you'll allow me that privilege. I now realise that it's wiser and far more glamorous to cast a bored glance at our challenger, toss our wild and unruly locks over our shoulders, and sashay right along knowing that our manicured nails look far better as weapons of seduction instead of claws in a catfight. :wink:

You're too good for this, CB. Take a break and a few deep breaths and you'll realise it's just not worth it. :console:

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cutiebutie » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 1:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
cutiebutie wrote:
And with that folks, is how someone with what is obviously a lot of intelligence & education, makes a fool out of themselves........

And with that, folks, one sees how the subject matter is not touched upon, as I had mentioned.
(respect? Oh dear SMS, it is a virtual forum and looking back at my previous posts - as you should have - you would see that there hasn't been a lot of disrespect, has there?!

alphamoonbasestaion123245, well done - if you do have so much to so with embassies then you would know better than to post such nonsense, as for it being my father's job - well, that's the experience I have, how can I deny it? I have not mentioned it before because it was not pertinent, now it was because you challenged my assertion.

So, what was your capacity then, or would that be against the super-secret 66 or 99 rule? Shall we lower the cone of silence?

Ohl I see, sixtysixninetyninesierraleonehongkong5463, it was supersecret, and couples are always hired for secret things to keep it to pillow-talk.

Denigrate you or your wife? Hardly, but please don't go out with king-hits out of nowhere and expect a whimpering lass.
Take a break and a few deep breaths and you'll realise it's just not worth it.
Wind In My Hair, thanks, I will do that. Hair whooshed over the shoulder, sashaying hips and filed nails, or something like that. :lol:
- Thank God for Darwin -

Currymeister
Regular
Regular

Post by Currymeister » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 2:55 pm

cutiebutie wrote:

Sms - I think that's a tad unfair. CB comes across quite intelligent - if overly passionate, but there's nothing wrong with that.

She get's her points across in a much more compelling and comprehensible style than most on this forum.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 3:41 pm

Let World War III commence............. :o :P
Last edited by Plavt on Thu, 31 Jul 2008 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 3:44 pm

I'll bring the popcorn :cool:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 4:17 pm

cutiebutie wrote:
cutiebutie wrote:

And with that, folks, one sees how the subject matter is not touched upon, as I had mentioned.

So? This thread is not posted in the "Strictly Speaking" Forum is it?

(respect? Oh dear SMS, it is a virtual forum and looking back at my previous posts - as you should have - you would see that there hasn't been a lot of disrespect, has there?!

I did look, and I agree, about 40% (that not a lot is it? :roll: ) of them are disrespectful so yes you are correct the 60% majority are not disrespectful. But obviously you think that the way you are posting now isn't disrespectful? How much trouble is it to type or cut and paste someone's nick correctly? And to cap it off, you are still trying to divert the attention away from your snafu instead of having the grace to back off as your initial rant over the "we" was wrong and you got called on it. Most will have the grace to admit they made a mistake but you? No way Jose! Unfortunately you rather show your true colors. I don't intend to get into a pi$$ing match with you primarily because my knowledge of English/grammar is not that good and furthermore, I just really don't shive a git!

alphamoonbasestaion123245, well done - if you do have so much to so with embassies then you would know better than to post such nonsense, as for it being my father's job - well, that's the experience I have, how can I deny it? I have not mentioned it before because it was not pertinent, now it was because you challenged my assertion.

So, what was your capacity then, or would that be against the super-secret 66 or 99 rule? Shall we lower the cone of silence?

Ohl I see, sixtysixninetyninesierraleonehongkong5463, it was supersecret, and couples are always hired for secret things to keep it to pillow-talk.

Denigrate you or your wife? Hardly, but please don't go out with king-hits out of nowhere and expect a whimpering lass.
Wind In My Hair, thanks, I will do that. Hair whooshed over the shoulder, sashaying hips and filed nails, or something like that. :lol:

Oh, and Gilly, If you will notice,

"And with that folks, is how someone with what is obviously a lot of intelligence & education, makes a fool out of themselves........"

I did not say that she wasn't intelligent or uneducated. And when somebody doesn't have the grace to admit when they were wrong, I don't think I'm being unfair at all. I've lost count of the number of times I've apologized for wrong assumptions on this board. I haven't lost anything by doing so.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Petales Soufflez!
Regular
Regular

Post by Petales Soufflez! » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 4:33 pm

Sigh, popcorn is fattening.

Well, this Beautiful Singaporean (albeit without manicured nails or long hair to toss over the shoulders - damn!) wishes to say to the fight of the embassy workers that surely the real issue is why in the world do Singaporeans Ugly or otherwise need a visa to enter Tunisia???

So now Yours Truly will have to go queue for one in Paris though on the bright side it's not that far from L'Atelier de Robuchon where I shall lunch in, a toast to most embassies for their very nice locations!
Je pense donc je suis. Le reste du temps, je ne suis qu'une fleur.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 4:42 pm

cutiebutie wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote: And with that folks, is how someone with what is obviously a lot of intelligence & education, makes a fool out of themselves........

So? This thread is not posted in the "Strictly Speaking" Forum is it?

I did look, and I agree, about 40% (that not a lot is it? :roll: ) of them are disrespectful so yes you are correct the 60% majority are not disrespectful. But obviously you think that the way you are posting now isn't disrespectful? How much trouble is it to type or cut and paste someone's nick correctly? And to cap it off, you are still trying to divert the attention away from your snafu instead of having the grace to back off as your initial rant over the "we" was wrong and you got called on it. Most will have the grace to admit they made a mistake but you? No way Jose! Unfortunately you rather show your true colors. I don't intend to get into a pi$$ing match with you primarily because my knowledge of English/grammar is not that good and furthermore, I just really don't shive a git!

Oh, and Gilly, If you will notice,

"And with that folks, is how someone with what is obviously a lot of intelligence & education, makes a fool out of themselves........"

I did not say that she wasn't intelligent or uneducated. And when somebody doesn't have the grace to admit when they were wrong, I don't think I'm being unfair at all. I've lost count of the number of times I've apologized for wrong assumptions on this board. I haven't lost anything by doing so.
privileged pride is not easy to shed, but obvious to see, maybe CB should learn from her father, that diplomacy maintains respect, not the allegiance to the spoilt brat brigade, just a little un cool and would call for a dowsing of water, it's far too obvious to see that she is still simmering on the other threads, Oh well, I've been there too :) Mind you its not uncommon in Singapore, a lack of tact, what happened to the couth of the privileged? Can't we just blame the weather :lol:

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by EADG » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 8:03 pm

what's the name of this thread again?

(thanks for the follow-up PM KSL, though nothing to do with thread)
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape