Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Thu, 24 Jul 2008 7:15 pm

wow its been a long long time since i came to the forum lols!
the world at your doorstep.

ahemrmompmlhaaniez
Regular
Regular

Post by ahemrmompmlhaaniez » Thu, 24 Jul 2008 8:23 pm

shumito wrote:I also went for the walk-in on 19 July. But I didn't even make it pass the first round...
me too.. so sad...
will u try again?

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:04 am

rainschocolate wrote:wow its been a long long time since i came to the forum lols!
Hows flying? Got use to it? :P

melissa2403

Post by melissa2403 » Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:58 am

does girls of less than 5 Os credit and a private diploma able to get into SIA? (:

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Fri, 25 Jul 2008 12:32 pm

Yes, only if your pte diploma is recognised by them. Anyway, when you attend the walk in interview, they will check your application form. If you pass the 1st round, before your kebaya fitting, another staff will check your certificate too. Good luck!

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 25 Jul 2008 12:39 pm

Some question raise by me and answered by SIA :

1) Private Diploma in what course will be consider?
Ans: Diploma regardless of government or private will be considered.

2) DIP in Makeup, is it ok?
Ans: We are unable to advise without further information.
Please kindly advise the institution, duration and frequency of the classes taken to complete the diploma.
Please also advise if it is a professional diploma?

3) Private Diploma in which area
Ans: Not too sure of your scope of your question here.
Prehaps you could rephrase? Thank you.

4) N levels with a private Diploma is it ok?
Ans: Yes, as the candidate qualifies based on his diploma.

5) O levels with a D7 in English but later obtain a Diploma from a local Polytechnic, is it ok?
Ans: Yes, as the candidate qualifies based on his diploma.

6) Is it true that SIA will only look at the highest Education level therefore disregard whether its a N Levels or an O levels with D7 in English ?
Ans: The candidate qualifies based on his highest Educational Qualifications.
The rest of his educational qualifications might be taken into account by the interviewers during their assessment.

7) What is the cut off age for both girls and guys now?
Ans: There is no cut off age for both genders.

8) Who to contact if they have more question, what is the E-mail address?
Ans: The Public can email to [email protected].

Thanks for taking your time in answer my question, have a nice day !

shumito

Post by shumito » Fri, 25 Jul 2008 7:43 pm

[quote="ahemrmompmlhaaniez"][quote="shumito"]I also went for the walk-in on 19 July. But I didn't even make it pass the first round...[/quote]

me too.. so sad...
will u try again?[/quote]

I haven't decided yet. Very worried about working with hostile colleagues. Can be quite dangerous especially when you are alone overseas, with no one to turn to when you need help.

My friend told me that her sister got bullied. And she cried every time she came home...

This is actually my main deterrent.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Fri, 25 Jul 2008 8:17 pm

its been so so long since i came in here man.

totally miss training and all my basic, fleet and SEP trainers. felt very grateful and fortunate to have flown with my frens when i'm still very new.. its always very nice to see familiar faces when we just started out..

sokeai, raine, have many safe flts and hope to see you girls on board soon! :D
the world at your doorstep

ahemrmompmlhaaniez
Regular
Regular

Post by ahemrmompmlhaaniez » Fri, 25 Jul 2008 9:49 pm

shumito wrote:
ahemrmompmlhaaniez wrote:
shumito wrote:I also went for the walk-in on 19 July. But I didn't even make it pass the first round...
me too.. so sad...
will u try again?
I haven't decided yet. Very worried about working with hostile colleagues. Can be quite dangerous especially when you are alone overseas, with no one to turn to when you need help.

My friend told me that her sister got bullied. And she cried every time she came home...

This is actually my main deterrent.
hmm.. ur fren's sis is fr which airline? i heard only local's will have this kind of "polictic" issues. so pity of her... tell her must be strong & be persistent. everything will be fine! CHEERS :wink: & think positive tat dis is a gd chance to learn be an independent gal. gambateh!!!

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Sat, 26 Jul 2008 3:43 am

Anyone has any idea when is the next walk in interview?so far no updates in the website...any insider news?

ahemrmompmlhaaniez
Regular
Regular

Post by ahemrmompmlhaaniez » Sat, 26 Jul 2008 9:12 am

summerboy02 wrote:Anyone has any idea when is the next walk in interview?so far no updates in the website...any insider news?
as i knw, 16 aug 08 at KL. :)

shumito

Post by shumito » Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:19 am

[quote="ahemrmompmlhaaniez"][quote="shumito"][quote="ahemrmompmlhaaniez"][quote="shumito"]I also went for the walk-in on 19 July. But I didn't even make it pass the first round...[/quote]

me too.. so sad...
will u try again?[/quote]

This is actually my main deterrent.[/quote]

hmm.. ur fren's sis is fr which airline? i heard only local's will have this kind of "polictic" issues. so pity of her... tell her must be strong & be persistent. everything will be fine! CHEERS :wink: & think positive tat dis is a gd chance to learn be an independent gal. gambateh!!![/quote]

My friend's sister is from SIA.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 26 Jul 2008 12:42 pm

As with anywhere you work, you will not get alone with everyone you met, same as in the school, there are bound to be someone you dislike on first sight. As a matter of fact there are bound to be clashes when two human meet.

Once awhile you will meet people whom you work with who just don't like you, for no reason. Its just part and puzzle of life. If one can't take that fact it will not be possible for her to be working in an environment where interaction with fellow human is necessary. She is more suitable to be working in an environment where minimum interaction with people is require.

To come back crying after every flight just mean that there is really something wrong with that individual, either in her work performance, attitude or her character (very sensitive and weak). From my experience these are usually the 3 main reasons when you see stewardess crying. Of course you might get to meet those nasty one who are all out to pick on you once awhile (meeting them is like striking the Lottery, so don't have to worry to much)but not everyone cry after flying with them, you have to be strong, know your work and your rights, take things positively, then they too can't be unreasonable to you.

Others experiences in the job does not mean what you will experiences it too. There are people who kill themselves in the Army but I went through mine and enjoyed it :twisted: No one job is suitable for everyone, you must know yourself, what are you
made up of. If you misses home or feel lonely easily, of course you can't work in a job that require you to be away often. :wink:

shumito

Post by shumito » Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:09 pm

Oh thank you Abercrombie for enlightening me. :) I really appreciate it.

miss elle

sia cabin crew kebaya test

Post by miss elle » Sun, 27 Jul 2008 3:19 pm

I went for the interview today. I was the one of the two ladies who passed the 1st round. The group before my group only one make it out of ten ladies.
I couldn't make it after 2nd round which is the kebaya test.
What exactly they are looking for? I'm 48kg with 1.58m height.
Very upset.
Any kind soul out there please give me tips to get through the kebaya test.
God bless you.