Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
entaheh

Post by entaheh » Sat, 19 Jul 2008 8:03 pm

Went for the interview today. Got booted out in the third round. Although I wished I would have made it all the way, it's progression and improvement for me because this is my third time trying and on the previous two interviews, I was booted out in the first round.

Gonna try harder for the next interview. :)

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Sat, 19 Jul 2008 8:08 pm

those tat have the determination to fly--PLS DO NOT GIVE UP!!!

I too have tried many times, but still not wanting to give up.
My grp had only 1 person who made it..
(=^_^=)

entaheh

Post by entaheh » Sat, 19 Jul 2008 8:15 pm

Hi all, just wanna clarify something. If those who failed at the management round, how long is the duration of the ban? Thanks in advance.

GreenTee

Post by GreenTee » Sat, 19 Jul 2008 10:11 pm

Were there many indians at the walk-in today? Maybe SIA is short of malays at the moment, thus taking more of them. I wanted to go today but didn't after reading abt the 2 unprofessional young lady interviewers.

stripes

Post by stripes » Sat, 19 Jul 2008 11:36 pm

I sunk today. Looks like gotta wait till Sep. Well, me too will never give up cos Feb I got into management round & went back in Jun & Jul, I was booted out in the 1st round.

Seriously, >50% is on luck. Then again, door is always open, they won't reject you from trying is your choice whether you'll want to give yourself another chance & hope.

I understand it seems unfair to those who really want this job compare to those who try for fun & got in. But this is just the unique style of interview for SIA.

We shall together pursue our dream. Good Luck to all.

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Sat, 19 Jul 2008 11:43 pm

hi all~

i went for the interview today and i made it to round 2 only. i guess i must really put in more effort to improve myself in terms of weight and skin conditions... cos those that got through in my group had really good skin.

and on top of that, i feel that practising your speaking skills with confidence is important too. a considerable number of us may have pretty good english but i think to be able to bring that out in interviews we must be really confident.

i'm still glad i went for today's interview. it's a learning opportunity for me. :) no regrets!

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 6:28 am

whitepetals wrote:hi all~

i went for the interview today and i made it to round 2 only. i guess i must really put in more effort to improve myself in terms of weight and skin conditions... cos those that got through in my group had really good skin.

and on top of that, i feel that practising your speaking skills with confidence is important too. a considerable number of us may have pretty good english but i think to be able to bring that out in interviews we must be really confident.

i'm still glad i went for today's interview. it's a learning opportunity for me. :) no regrets!
Complexion might be a factor but not deciding factor. I've seen new crews with not so good complexion. :) As for other races beside Chinese, I'm sure that's purely coincidence as I hardly fly with Malays except on Dubai routes. Try again in the near future. :)

I hope to be surprised by the number of CC quitting in July and August. :)

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 8:17 am

hey guys. dont lose hope yah. i heard this time round the interviewers were incredibly strict. pple who passed rd 4 or got to rd 4 before cldnt even pass rd 1.entire grps not passing etc...

they have enough CC for now so its really only the very very best who get in. but no worries, in a couple of mths, they will need crew again and their standards will become more realistic=P

dont fret. u guys can make it. just use the time to the next interviews to improve urself. make them want you=)

jiakel
Regular
Regular

Post by jiakel » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 11:25 am

Hi all, I used to be active in this forum but kinda stopped after I started my training. Now it's about 2.5 more weeks to my SNY! I really really enjoy training and I can't for any reason imagine why people would even quit during training. I mean, if you can't even enjoy/endure the training, why bother applying and robbing others' chance in the first place??

For people who just got through the interview, welcome to STC soon!! And for those who didn't make it this time round, try again soon! I heard the frequent recruitment should be ending soon 'cos we're getting enough crew due to the very frequent recruitments first half of the year. So just try your best! =)

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 1:26 pm

jiakel wrote:Hi all, I used to be active in this forum but kinda stopped after I started my training. Now it's about 2.5 more weeks to my SNY! I really really enjoy training and I can't for any reason imagine why people would even quit during training. I mean, if you can't even enjoy/endure the training, why bother applying and robbing others' chance in the first place??

For people who just got through the interview, welcome to STC soon!! And for those who didn't make it this time round, try again soon! I heard the frequent recruitment should be ending soon 'cos we're getting enough crew due to the very frequent recruitments first half of the year. So just try your best! =)
Jiakel,I like you determination and spirit. Keep going like this and you will be someone one day. I was like you when I first joined the airlines (MSA the predecessor of SIA)and I enjoyed myself during training and it was not long after,(like 6 years) after joining I became an IFS in the first batch when it was created for the B747s.
IFS= Inflight Supervisor,the highest rank in the cabin.

endlessx

Post by endlessx » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 2:48 pm

I'm not being racist, but my group consists of 8 chinese and 2 indian guys,
and only the indians got in.....
One of them was fine, but the other one had a pot belly & pronounced "SIA" as "Sea-I-A" :???:

Oh well, maybe now i do believe the very very best got in. :wink:

Ode

Post by Ode » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 4:02 pm

Pen
Last edited by Ode on Sat, 08 Aug 2009 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Karyne

Post by Karyne » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 4:48 pm

Mushroom wrote:Karyne: I agree with you that usually minorities stand a higher chance, today my grp malays also got in. All along i heard that minorities had better chance. However the previous months i tried, there were malays but all Chinese got in including myself. But now i think the trend of minorities is back again.
Perhaps they really got enough chinese, but isnt the best should get it instead? Really dont know what they are looking for. Cus if is just by the race itself than is damn unfair. Than passionate/better chinese have to wait their luck till old and will be unable to fly already.

Should go earlier and try again. =)
I know i want to be, I can be, and i will be!

My passion in the air.

Karyne says thank you for your replies. ^^

Karyne

Post by Karyne » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 4:52 pm

endlessx wrote:I'm not being racist, but my group consists of 8 chinese and 2 indian guys,
and only the indians got in.....
One of them was fine, but the other one had a pot belly & pronounced "SIA" as "Sea-I-A" :???:
Met the same case for the girls side. Twice for me. both round one and 2 for different interviews. Sad right. abit unfair, but in the most final round should be the best among those race got in ya.

The chinese had met their quota i guess.

My passion in the air.

Karyne

Post by Karyne » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 4:59 pm

sstan123 wrote:Don't forget, it is possible to get turned down even when you are perfectly suitable - simple mathematics......wrote Plavt

I agree with the above statement by the forum moderator. So don't be discouraged. Try again in August! :D
Yeah AGREE!!!

Is sure all depend on yor luck down there, as long as your looks and speech both about presentable and meet the basic qualifications...go ahead!!! you dont know u may be so lucky to get in just one shot only!

Just go...no need to doubt this or that which i read alot in the forum, IS DEPENDING ON YOUR LUCK DOWN AT THE INTERVIEWS!!!

My passion in the air.