Singapore Expats

Cathay Pacific

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
girlst08

Re: anyone can help?

Post by girlst08 » Wed, 18 Jun 2008 7:54 pm

rendezvous84 wrote:Hi, i'm one of the applicants who attended the recruiment in early july KL. i've been asked for medical check up, but they sent me one email that -- follow up selection. will be conducted in late july, due to my english ability. anyone who encoutered it before?? how is the process, what will they ask? i'm so worry about this, is a critical moment...
u mean b4 this .. u had attend an interview on June or July? and now u r invited to attend medical check up?

rendezvous84

halo

Post by rendezvous84 » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:43 am

i mean this coming medical check

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Re: halo

Post by aliciagloria » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:41 am

Do u think we can send in our app form now?

girlst08

Re: halo

Post by girlst08 » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 3:41 am

rendezvous84 wrote:i mean this coming medical check
hi, sorry.. i got a bit confusing about wat u wrote... btw, r u trying to write that CX had email u that they r going to delay the interview which change from early of july to late of july? and regard the medical check up , i tot it will be do after u go through for 1st and 2nd round interview rite? how come they so fast require to do the medical check up? :shock:

chloe0912

Post by chloe0912 » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:55 pm

anyone receive call from cathay??after got the green card in 2nd round interview?? i heard some ppl received the call....

eunice1982

Post by eunice1982 » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 8:11 am

chloe0912 wrote:anyone receive call from cathay??after got the green card in 2nd round interview?? i heard some ppl received the call....
Hey chloe0912,how u know some ppl received call frm CX after they received the green card in 2nd round interview?U know some friends who got called?I din receive any call frm them..i dun think i will get the call...:( However.hope others in this forum will get call as well la....:)

koalakoala

Post by koalakoala » Fri, 04 Jul 2008 3:25 pm

hi gals,

was wondering if there is any singaporean pass through the round for this cathay interview organize at malaysia?

read from forum, that cathay do not take in cabin crew for international flight. wonder if it's true or not.

thanks!

Blade
Regular
Regular

NO mre Singapore for HK base

Post by Blade » Sat, 05 Jul 2008 3:22 pm

Once again: They DO NOT WANT TO HIRE ANY MORE SINGAPOREANS for Hong Kong base..You want to know why? too 'Singaporean' I guess!!

chriztopher

Post by chriztopher » Tue, 08 Jul 2008 7:18 pm

Dear All,

I just joined the forum today and find out that there are many people also did apply the cabin crew for CX.

I just done my medical check up on June 28th 2008. However, I also did not receive any call from CX nor clinic yet. Thus, I have no idea whether my apllication is successful.

Anyhow, I did ask my friend from is currently as CX crew, he told me that, he was informed within two weeks time. Thus, if I still yet to receive any news from CX, thus, may consider my application is not successful.

Actually, I also have no idea how many colors of the card during the 2nd interview. I recieved the green card which they said if I yet to receive any feedback from CX within 6 weeks time, may consider that I'm not shortlisted. However, they did invite me to a room where to fill up my personal particulars, background check, visa application form, work permit and etc, and also requested me for medical assessment.

Besides that, due to my passport expiry date is coming soon, they did request me to renew and I also have provided to them. As a result, I do feel confuse whether I could become part of their family yet.

Do anyone receive any emails or call from CX after the medical assessment? I just checked that webpage today and found out that they are going to recruit Taiwanese crew which stated if succesfful, they will start their duty on Oct/ Nov'08.

Wish to hear from you all soon.

Good luck.

girlst08

Post by girlst08 » Tue, 08 Jul 2008 9:19 pm

chriztopher wrote:Dear All,

I just joined the forum today and find out that there are many people also did apply the cabin crew for CX.

I just done my medical check up on June 28th 2008. However, I also did not receive any call from CX nor clinic yet. Thus, I have no idea whether my apllication is successful.

Anyhow, I did ask my friend from is currently as CX crew, he told me that, he was informed within two weeks time. Thus, if I still yet to receive any news from CX, thus, may consider my application is not successful.

Actually, I also have no idea how many colors of the card during the 2nd interview. I recieved the green card which they said if I yet to receive any feedback from CX within 6 weeks time, may consider that I'm not shortlisted. However, they did invite me to a room where to fill up my personal particulars, background check, visa application form, work permit and etc, and also requested me for medical assessment.

Besides that, due to my passport expiry date is coming soon, they did request me to renew and I also have provided to them. As a result, I do feel confuse whether I could become part of their family yet.

Do anyone receive any emails or call from CX after the medical assessment? I just checked that webpage today and found out that they are going to recruit Taiwanese crew which stated if succesfful, they will start their duty on Oct/ Nov'08.

Good luck.
hey guy, i was jz receieved an email from CX for attending briefing... it takes around 3 weeks from ur medical assessment to process the application... so be patient to wait for CX reply ya..

GOOD LUCK~~

chriztopher

Post by chriztopher » Wed, 09 Jul 2008 8:36 am

girlst08 wrote:

Good luck.
hey guy, i was jz receieved an email from CX for attending briefing... it takes around 3 weeks from ur medical assessment to process the application... so be patient to wait for CX reply ya..

GOOD LUCK~~
Dear "girlst08",

Thanks for your information. Congratulation, you are about flying to HK then, it is so nice that you receive the feedback from CX.

So, I assume I will only be informed after 3 weeks from medical check up. I'm kind of worry whether my medical assessment has any problem because yet to get any feedback from them. Yeah, hopefully I could receive a good news from them for another 2 weeks time.

Therefore, you have known your actual date to fly to HK? Would you like to share with us the information that you gained during briefing?

Wish that we could know other guys/ gals who are successful and about leaving to HK, then we may not feel that lonely :) because at least we have Malaysian friends.

Cheers!!
No hype, no gloss, no pretense. Just me - Miseducation of Rehpotzirhc

CyberaL

Post by CyberaL » Wed, 09 Jul 2008 5:03 pm

chriztopher wrote:
girlst08 wrote:

Good luck.

GOOD LUCK~~
Dear "girlst08",

Thanks for your information. Congratulation, you are about flying to HK then, it is so nice that you receive the feedback from CX.

So, I assume I will only be informed after 3 weeks from medical check up. I'm kind of worry whether my medical assessment has any problem because yet to get any feedback from them. Yeah, hopefully I could receive a good news from them for another 2 weeks time.

Therefore, you have known your actual date to fly to HK? Would you like to share with us the information that you gained during briefing?

Wish that we could know other guys/ gals who are successful and about leaving to HK, then we may not feel that lonely :) because at least we have Malaysian friends.

Cheers!!
Hi Chriztopher,

I'm one of the guy candidate from KL and i have just received an email from them as well on the job offer. Don't worry they will be contacting u via email soon, as u did ur medical later, perhaps they are emailing everyone by batches, i did my medical early of June and they only email me on the week 4. so i'm sure they will email u soon.

Hi Girlst08,

Congrats to u, when is ur flying date to HK? and are u attending the 22nd briefing?

cheers,

chriztopher

Post by chriztopher » Wed, 09 Jul 2008 5:12 pm

CyberaL wrote:
chriztopher wrote:
girlst08 wrote: hey guy, i was jz receieved an email from CX for attending briefing... it takes around 3 weeks from ur medical assessment to process the application... so be patient to wait for CX reply ya..

GOOD LUCK~~
Dear "girlst08",

Cheers!!
Hi Chriztopher,

I'm one of the guy candidate from KL and i have just received an email from them as well on the job offer. Don't worry they will be contacting u via email soon, as u did ur medical later, perhaps they are emailing everyone by batches, i did my medical early of June and they only email me on the week 4. so i'm sure they will email u soon.

Hi Girlst08,

Congrats to u, when is ur flying date to HK? and are u attending the 22nd briefing?

cheers,
Wow, thanks for your good news. I'm so happy for you all. Well, do you guys have any MSN? So that we can stay in touch, then we can plan out journey to HK since we are from Malaysia :)

Cheers,
Chriztopher
No hype, no gloss, no pretense. Just me - Miseducation of Rehpotzirhc

CyberaL

Post by CyberaL » Wed, 09 Jul 2008 8:11 pm

Hi Christ,

I have PM u and given my email, u can add me up..

Later...

materialistic_bimbo

Post by materialistic_bimbo » Thu, 10 Jul 2008 3:18 am

hey girlst08
sorry i havent been online for ages.
just saw your msg.
and i received and email from them too.
so see ya this 22nd for the briefing, cant belive were leaving on the 26th of Aug. hey pm me your msn (: and congrats chirztopher