Singapore Expats

Qatar Airways

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Qatar Airways

Post by queenie-me » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 1:01 am

It's been quiet for this Airline.
Anyone have any idea why?

Aren't they still recruiting?
Just asking

Sara4528

Re: Qatar Airways

Post by Sara4528 » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 1:09 am

queenie-me wrote:It's been quiet for this Airline.

Just asking
hiii ,
well we have been informed that there will no more interview for the next 6 mnts :) last batch will join us on 15 jan and after that will be no new group for 6 mnts
byeee

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:23 am

Sara4528 wrote:

Just asking
hiii ,
well we have been informed that there will no more interview for the next 6 mnts :) last batch will join us on 15 jan and after that will be no new group for 6 mnts
byeee
ouhh.... ic.. thank u

cappy2104

Post by cappy2104 » Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:03 pm

Just asking
hey unfortunately qatar airways is not hiring for the coming 6 months, they are focusing on internal promotion now, so while waiting maybe u can try out other airlines maybe? u can try ur luck after 6 months. good luck there

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 7:16 am

Given the remarks about this airline by serving crew can anybody give a good reason to apply to it? :(

absoo.faboo

Post by absoo.faboo » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 2:59 am

and still waiting for this airline to making their way here for an open days! lol!

qatarbabe
Regular
Regular

Post by qatarbabe » Tue, 15 Jul 2008 8:40 pm

QR ain't all that bad!! .. Its a matter of whether or not YOU can take the pressures that come along with it.

We aren't as bitchy as a lot of the other airlines. We love to party & you need to be able to keep up with the crew.

Of course, as with any airline, there will always be the lazy ones, the super "onz" ones, and also the nice ones.. If you are adaptable and able to get along with over 60 different nationalities, then you'll fit in with ease!

If you don't like to party, thats not a problem .. you still wouldn't feel that left out, as long as you're creative enough with your time to keep yourself entertained so that the regimental lifestyle here wouldn't get to u..

As for the passengers... They are colorfully different and their demands can get to you if you aren't prepared to smile in spite of it all.. To add to it, they aren't always that kind to asians. But there will also be days were the passengers will put a smile on your face and make you feel like the world is your oyster.. But if you cannot motivate yourself to at least make 1 passenger happy per flight, its gonna be hard to motivate yourself for long.

For those who are too used to the way we live here in Singapore and aren't willing to accept that changes are part and parcel of life and only know how to whine and complain about everything should really not consider applying as I can almost promise you that you won't be happy here.

For those willing to take up this challenge, I'm sure QR will welcome you guys with open arms. :)

Hope this helps. :) Cheers!!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 15 Jul 2008 9:22 pm

Hi qatarbabe,
Nice to see you back again, after a long absence. Do tell us what it's like when you are away from the airline in Qatar, I hear widely varying and contradictary stories especially in respect to women.

qatarbabe
Regular
Regular

Post by qatarbabe » Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:59 pm

Hey Plavt,
Its nice to be back too. :)

What do you mean by the contradictory facts about the women there?Are you talking about their behaviour or the attention they get?

At the end of the day, it all boils down to a few simple things.

1) How are you dressed?
2) How do you carry yourself?
3) Respect of Religion.

You are in a muslim country, you need to realise that over there, women are covered up (mostly from head to toe).. A lot of girls choose to continue in their hot shorts and skimpy tops.. Naturally the men will flock to you and think that a) you're easy, or b) you're a prostitute.. For crying out loud, majority of their women are covered and when they do see flesh, its only natural that they'll drool / ogle / disturb.

As the saying goes, "When in Rome, do what the Romans do" .. You need to learn to respect their religion and the rules that come along with it. If you don't respect it, how do you expect them to respect you back in return?

No one is asking you to be all covered up from head to toe, but long bottoms and just a t-shirt is still alright..

I can't promise you that you will NEVER get harassed in Doha. Even the guys aren't let off at times too.. but, it does reduces the amount of attention you attract to yourself just by how you dress..

I normally wait till I'm outstation to really doll up and party.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 1:04 am

qatarbabe wrote: What do you mean by the contradictory facts about the women there?Are you talking about their behaviour or the attention they get?
You have answered one of the main points but are women banned from driving and being in a car with a man? Ask that question here in Britain and as ludicrous as it seems I get different answers from different people. :o

qatarbabe
Regular
Regular

Post by qatarbabe » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 3:37 pm

Haha .. Of course as a woman, you can drive and be in the same car with another gentleman.. The only rule is that if you are IN UNIFORM, they would prefer that you do not be driven to work by a gentleman as they want to maintain a certain image of an airline, whats more it is a muslim / local airline.

The ruling of not being in the same car as a men only applies to the local women there who are wearing the full abaya.

PrincessQatar

Post by PrincessQatar » Fri, 18 Jul 2008 4:04 am

QATARBABE...
how long have u been here in Doha??..very well said for ure posts..i like the way u convey the message across..

Avarice

. . .

Post by Avarice » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:38 am

Is there anyone who's keen to attend the interview with Qatar come 9th of next month in KL? Also, i'm not too sure if this has been addressed in previous posts, but to anyone who's familiar with the assessment process of Qatar, are the second and third round of interviews conducted in a single day alone?

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Re: . . .

Post by cythx » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 1:25 pm

Avarice wrote:Is there anyone who's keen to attend the interview with Qatar come 9th of next month in KL? Also, i'm not too sure if this has been addressed in previous posts, but to anyone who's familiar with the assessment process of Qatar, are the second and third round of interviews conducted in a single day alone?
Next month 9th is the second and third round of interviews? When they did the first round? How you know about their recruitment? You received mail from them?
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

Avarice

Post by Avarice » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 1:39 pm

Eerm nope.. They're holding a session over in KL on the 9Th..perhaps dropping by their website might prove helpful.. the latter part of my question was abstract, i'm asking those who are familliar with Qatar's assessment..