Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:18 pm

i think most of them actually got the same panel of interviewers rite...from what i heard.

The interviwers are 2 very young ladies :)
(=^_^=)

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:26 pm

More or less they have enough crew plus Trainees now to replace those who left since last year ( bearing in mind that it takes 3-4 months of lead time to fully train a crew) That explain why there are so many rejects now. Only the best will go through now. Bad timing, you guys miss the big boat...wait for the next round 7th July, the bonus payout day. They have already anticipated the high resignation rate and have already recruited 'spares' but if the amount of crew leaving after the bonus is too much then they will step up the intakes again. Good luck guys all the best ! :wink:

p_for_prissy

Post by p_for_prissy » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:49 pm

hw u noe there is another recruitment on 7 jul? walk in at sheraton?

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:55 pm

p_for_prissy wrote:hw u noe there is another recruitment on 7 jul? walk in at sheraton?
Wat Abercrombie means is tat the bonus payout day is 7 july...not recruitment on 7th July..

E.g. if they anticipate 1000 pple will leave after the bonus payday...they have more or less recruited 1000 new crews to replace the ones who have left. But if after the bonus payday, the actual current crew resign is like 3000...they will "up" their intakes again...

In short, we have really missed the big boat. Hope many will leave and the chance is here again :cool:
Last edited by snowss on Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(=^_^=)

janicejanice

Post by janicejanice » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:56 pm

Abercrombie wrote:More or less they have enough crew plus Trainees now to replace those who left since last year ( bearing in mind that it takes 3-4 months of lead time to fully train a crew) That explain why there are so many rejects now. Only the best will go through now. Bad timing, you guys miss the big boat...wait for the next round 7th July, the bonus payout day. They have already anticipated the high resignation rate and have already recruited 'spares' but if the amount of crew leaving after the bonus is too much then they will step up the intakes again. Good luck guys all the best ! :wink:
Well it makes good sense though... "only the best gets in now". So i hope 19th July interview would be better, much much much better, with more girls getting in successfully! ;)
You may not have the best, but you can make your best out of the it.

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:56 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:correct me if i'm wrong though Abercrombie senior. haha.

I am senior as in age here :oops: I am only the policeman at the main gate to STC, so I have seen many of you here coming to sign your bond :P

Abercrombie, u must seen alot of the girls going for the write-in today when they change their IC for the temp pass.
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:26 am

Hahaha... you manage to dig out such an old thread . Today I am not on duty, so miss the chance of seeing many pretty girls but were also being spared from the many curses ringing around STC. Visiting this forum always makes me wonder...why...People outside are always trying to get in but people inside just can't wait to get out....where's the logic... :shock: To stay in or out, I guess you have to get in first to find out. You will have to step on the shit first to find out how shitty it is or maybe its black gold that you have been stepping on ](*,) if 3000 crew or even 1000 were to quit then you guys better think twice or thrice, why do they want to leave if its really so good :???:

p_for_prissy

Post by p_for_prissy » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:47 am

we nv get in so we wanna haf a taste of it..anw some of us here r realli sincerely pursuing it as a career...

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:51 am

Abercrombie wrote:Hahaha... you manage to dig out such an old thread . Today I am not on duty, so miss the chance of seeing many pretty girls but were also being spared from the many curses ringing around STC. Visiting this forum always makes me wonder...why...People outside are always trying to get in but people inside just can't wait to get out....where's the logic... :shock: To stay in or out, I guess you have to get in first to find out. You will have to step on the shit first to find out how shitty it is or maybe its black gold that you have been stepping on ](*,) if 3000 crew or even 1000 were to quit then you guys better think twice or thrice, why do they want to leave if its really so good :???:
I guess no matter which airline it is...the cabin crew turnover is quite high.
Well tats life...When u dun possess sth, u will try to get it no matter what...But once u have it, u will take things for granted...
tat goes to how we treat pple ard us :(

Like what a fren told me....pple are dying to be cabin crews coze they want to travel ard..But once they alrdy are cabin crews, they complained tat they have travelled TOO much :???:
(=^_^=)

misspianoforte

Post by misspianoforte » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:54 am

--
Last edited by misspianoforte on Sat, 05 Jul 2008 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

endlessx

Post by endlessx » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 1:00 am

summerboy02 wrote:Dear Vyn

Did u survive all the rounds? Btw,are u a guy or gal?

Wonder why the high causualty for today? :???: :mad:

Very Good Responds
for today interview, mainly that's the reason?
That's what i heard from the lady.... :-| (more people = lesser chance)

Anyway i think the afternoon session was very bad,
seems like at least 80% per group got booted out during 1st round.

p_for_prissy

Post by p_for_prissy » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 1:01 am

2dae alot of pple meh...nt realli wad as compared to the walk in..

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 1:02 am

Abercrombie,
actually dont need to think so much. :o Its not only cabin crews that want to leave after they get their bonus. I think about 40% of working adults will think like that. Thats why there are still so many people like me & others who wants to leave their current job to join SIA. I guess that's just the cycle of the work industries...something like how the food chain works. :D Anyways...complains are ENDLESS problems. :cry: Even billionaire will still complain about not having enough money$$ :shock:
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 1:12 am

endlessx wrote:
summerboy02 wrote:Dear Vyn

Did u survive all the rounds? Btw,are u a guy or gal?

Wonder why the high causualty for today? :???: :mad:

Very Good Responds
for today interview, mainly that's the reason?
That's what i heard from the lady.... :-| (more people = lesser chance)

Anyway i think the afternoon session was very bad,
seems like at least 80% per group got booted out during 1st round.
Not only the afternoon session, i was in the morning session...and the passing rate was bad too :?

the max i heard was like only 2 pple passed round 1....one grp had only 1 person making it to the 2nd round :???:
(=^_^=)

p_for_prissy

Post by p_for_prissy » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 1:13 am

any idea hw to get into cabin crew executive position?