Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
saddness

Post by saddness » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 1:12 am

renn wrote:saddness, im same as u. tried so many times still cant get in.
im also 28. my 1st time i managed to pass round 1 but after tat
the gal will always said (thank u for coming)
Renn, we're in the same ship, I think SIA should have stated clearly the age limit. Thou so, you're still luckier than me cos you're shortlisted for the write in. Anyway, good luck for your interview tmr & hope to hear good news from you so I know I still have hope :)

crystalshineshine

Post by crystalshineshine » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 2:38 am

i know its bit late to ask now but who's gg for the 11am slot??

renn
Regular
Regular

Post by renn » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:46 am

saddness, did u send in your application?
Last edited by renn on Mon, 04 Aug 2008 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saddness

Post by saddness » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 12:04 pm

renn wrote:saddness, did u send in your application?
Eh.. i din cos i dunno wats the email add. :)

renn
Regular
Regular

Post by renn » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 12:47 pm

ic. i tink most of the ppl who send in got the invite.
next time try sending in

dreamzz19
Regular
Regular

Post by dreamzz19 » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 2:33 pm

any idea how long will final interview take? the letter actually states half a day? that is long.

entaheh

Post by entaheh » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 3:52 pm

Hi all, just came back from my interview. Didn't make it to round 2.
In my timeslot (11am), there are only 4 of us (steward wannabes). All 4 of us went in, all got shot down during round 1.

Kinda disappointed, but what to do. That's life. Just gotta deal and move on. Anyway, anybody here got through?

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 4:01 pm

entaheh wrote:Hi all, just came back from my interview. Didn't make it to round 2.
In my timeslot (11am), there are only 4 of us (steward wannabes). All 4 of us went in, all got shot down during round 1.

Kinda disappointed, but what to do. That's life. Just gotta deal and move on. Anyway, anybody here got through?
Hey guy,

That was strict man...only 4 guys went in for round 1 for the self introduction?Any special questions that were posted to you guys?
OMG,I thought more candidates will be able to make it through at STC.
Not to worry,we still have the July 19 walk in.Lets be Better prepared for the big day ya.

Trinitrophenol

Post by Trinitrophenol » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 5:15 pm

went for the interview today also at 2pm, seems like they are not interested in guys.. 10/10 failure rate in round 1. There is even 1 senior crew from another carrier but failed too. For girls the failure rate is high too , most are like 1-2 out of 10 passes in round 1. Sometimes I feel getting in SIA depends 90% of your luck. Had candidates who got to last round and got booted in the 1st round on the next walk in interview.

There was this lady who went for the walk in last month , passed through all 4 rounds and rejected the job.. the reason? "Oh, I just want to experience passing through all the interviews for SIA cabin crew" :mad: Waste of everyone's time. If you are not interested, why bother applying and give people like us who want the job badly a chance? grr.

|iGhT`gA|

Post by |iGhT`gA| » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 6:13 pm

Haiz my 1st time try today, Saw alot alot of pretty babes.

i was too nervous that my teeth were chattering that i cant speak properly. Kinda feel disappointed and discourage if i shld try for the walk in interview on 19 Jul :cry:

But den again heard that those who tried for the write in today, canot try for the walk in on 19 Jul. Anyone can clarify tis?
Last edited by |iGhT`gA| on Wed, 02 Jul 2008 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

¤( -o,' )¤ JoLeNe aKa |iGhT`gA| ¤( 'o,- )¤

Vyn

Post by Vyn » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 6:36 pm

entaheh wrote:Hi all, just came back from my interview. Didn't make it to round 2.

I went there ard 10+am and I think I have witnessed the 4 pathetic guys waiting 4 the round 1 interview haha.

I have gt an ex emirate stewardess in my grp who was booted out at 1st rd. Kinda shocked.
I.Will.Soar

Red Wine

Post by Red Wine » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 6:49 pm

Hi, anyone got in for tomorrow final round? Mm.. anyone here ever been through the last round, advice pls... :(

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 6:56 pm

Dear Vyn

Did u survive all the rounds? Btw,are u a guy or gal?

Wonder why the high causualty for today? :???: :mad:

Vyn

Post by Vyn » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 7:04 pm

summerboy02 wrote:Dear Vyn

Did u survive all the rounds? Btw,are u a guy or gal?

Wonder why the high causualty for today? :???: :mad:
Nope, sadly. =(

a gal btw haha.

yea and I heard lots of cursing and swearing from the stewardess wannabes outside STC hahaha.

Sigh guess its kinda subjective.

Well, now im convinced that luck is very impt too.

Let's pray to Jesus Allah and buddha for the next interview. lolx
I.Will.Soar

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 7:36 pm

Hi fellow-posters: I've been watching this and other threads on CC appointments for a while now, and thought it might be the time to post.

A friendly tip...from an ex Captain [tech crew] - I'm not sure how much my "advice" will apply here in SIN.

Back in AU (Australia), and also the USA, there were a few must have items on the CC lists, according to an ex-girlfriend who was Senior FA by the time she and I left the airline. She left when she was 31.

I'm not sure what SIA or any of the other Asian airlines do, but all airlines have the same ideas. If you read a few ideas then this may well set you "above the crowd" - read these before your application or interview:

a. Look up CRM, and understand what it means
b. Understand, and REALLY understand, that one of your primary roles is safety as well as service. Spend time researching this.
c. Ensure your First-Aid certificates are up to date and make sure you actually know how to use these skills. Tell them, at the interview, or on your application, how you managed a life-threatenting emergency (if you have), or, how you WILL handle an emergency.
d. Show the ability to THINK. I know this might sound harsh - but many people (at Tech Crew level) get thrown a variety of questions about "What if...". Pre-empt these questions with a NORMAL, day-to-day situation - work it into the interview application and re-iterate it at interview.

For example, with my first application to a major airline, as a pilot, I was asked "If a pax was ill on board your aircraft, and you'rebehind schedule, what decision process would you make"

Now, the key here, is what DECISION PROCESS YOU make - i know it's different as I am ex- tech Captain and you are all going for CC roles - but if you had looked up CRM you'll see we're all in the same boat. They want you to THINK.

By the way, I got that job - and got command pretty quickly flying B737's :)

e. I don't want to appear rude, as I am not from Asia, and speak only a little Arabic and even less Mandarin. However, please do bear in mind that English is a very big requirement. The ICAO stipulate that English is the language of "aviation" for international carriers. From what I have seen here, and AGAIN, I am NOT being rude, but practice your English writing skills even on boards like this - Singlish will NOT work.

You will be surprised, hopefuls, that most PAX are very nice if you even TRY to speak their national language, and more often than not, will want to try and practice you native language. Remember, this is a service (and safety) business.

So practice your writing skills here - there are MANY people on this forum more than happy to help you out. Me included.

f. Continuing on language - most carriers (INTL) need a second or third language. Listen to them! It's not THAT hard - being an original english speaker my Mandarin is hopeless, but I TRY. SHOW the interviewer you are TRYING. If you don't want to study another language then forget about flying as CC or TC.

g. If you think it's glamour-bags all the way - forget it. Tech Crew get slightly better hotels and CC get slightly lower - it depends on who you fly for and which unions you belong to - none with SIA I am told.

It's LONG hours, not much sleep, crap food, and sometimes wrong turnarounds, especially these days when I catch up with my QF/UA mates here in SIN and the good old days are FAR GONE. In fact, I replied to a posting here today where I think a ground engineer wants to convert to TC/pilot - my advice was STAYbetter pay, better hours.

I wish you all the luck within me! If you REALLY want to be CC, then I hope some of my points from this old Captain are of some use for you :)

Happy to take PM's if you want some more info, or just post back here.

Old Capt. P. :)

If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going!