Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Maverick21
Regular
Regular

Post by Maverick21 » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 2:14 am

Hi all, it's my first time posting in this forum. The info in this forum is really useful and I really thank everyone for giving me such a insight on PS.... I'm a guy too and want to go for chin implant and buccal fat removal in one shot as I have quite a busy schedule. Which doctor shld I go to? Yoskarn or Tokai? Also due to the nature of my job, it's better that people don't know I went for PS, only know that I look better but don't know where to put a finger to.... So what is the down time for these two procedures? Is one week enuff? I bought some products at makemeheal too... Must plan for recovery mah.... All help is appreciated thanks!

mbk
Regular
Regular

Post by mbk » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 8:13 am

hi maverick,

For chin and buccal fat removal at one week you should be presentable. You wont notice the results of buccal fat removel until weeks or months later (I noticed mine after 3 months!).

Can I ask you what type of chin are you looking for? I mean are you looking to augment the projection or vertical length?

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:11 am

Most likely revising my chin and jaw with yoskarn in dec. Fingers crossed that i will look better. I quite sad to look in mirror now cos i feel my whole face looks wide and older looking, totally opposite of the effect i wanted :(
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Maverick21
Regular
Regular

Post by Maverick21 » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:17 am

So I think Yoskarn would be a better bet? I'm looking to have my chin done both vertically and forward. Is that possible? Now due to work commitments have to postpone my bangkok trip to 2nd Aug, anyone wants to go with me? Actually have already fixed my appt with Yoskarn in Jul but think now have to change again... And I originally wanted to do jaw reduction and meso therapy for cheeks but after hearing so much from you guys decide to go for the more substantial stuff instead... Shld be staying in Bangkok for 10 days... One week to recover and subsequent few days to party! Who is interested?

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:36 am

Maverick21 wrote:So I think Yoskarn would be a better bet? I'm looking to have my chin done both vertically and forward. Is that possible? Now due to work commitments have to postpone my bangkok trip to 2nd Aug, anyone wants to go with me? Actually have already fixed my appt with Yoskarn in Jul but think now have to change again... And I originally wanted to do jaw reduction and meso therapy for cheeks but after hearing so much from you guys decide to go for the more substantial stuff instead... Shld be staying in Bangkok for 10 days... One week to recover and subsequent few days to party! Who is interested?
jaw reduction sounds quite substantial ma :)

phoenixxx

Post by phoenixxx » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:53 pm

hello.. i've been following the thread for a few days... nice to know many helpful ppl providing info.. is it possible to see some pics.. i'm interested in rhino.. :)

Maverick21
Regular
Regular

Post by Maverick21 » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 2:59 pm

I just received e mail from Dr Pat that doing chin implant, jaw implant and buccal fat removal will cost 2000US. The price is inclusive of doctors fee, anaethestic, medicine, compression garment, post op care and follow up. Is Tokai good? Another thing is I do not know whether to go ahead with the jaw implant as I went to see Dr W at camden and he gave me botox for jaw reduction. But I reckon that the jaw implant is placed at the lower jaw which makes the face more chiselled and defined. Can anyone enlighten me on this? If bro adavaark thinks that Yoskarn is better maybe I shld go there too...

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 3:31 pm

Maverick21 wrote:I just received e mail from Dr Pat that doing chin implant, jaw implant and buccal fat removal will cost 2000US. The price is inclusive of doctors fee, anaethestic, medicine, compression garment, post op care and follow up. Is Tokai good? Another thing is I do not know whether to go ahead with the jaw implant as I went to see Dr W at camden and he gave me botox for jaw reduction. But I reckon that the jaw implant is placed at the lower jaw which makes the face more chiselled and defined. Can anyone enlighten me on this? If bro adavaark thinks that Yoskarn is better maybe I shld go there too...
well, i did my jaw implants at tokai, and i was put under LA! not GA! so i'm not going back to revise even if it's free. secondly, it feels too big, even till now, my jaw area feels stretched out, and there is still slight numbness.

The jaw implant is def too big, enough to impede my speech. When i speak fast, the words get jumbled up now, cos i can feel the jaw implant getting in the way. it's like talking with food in my mouth.

of all the ops i've done so far, this is def considered a failure, it din make my jawline very defined and made my face much wider resulting in me looking fatter and older.

most infuriating part is tokai sent me a courtesy mail 3 mths after the op, and asked if i was satisfied, and if i wasn;t. they would revise it for free. so i sent a polite detailed email with my before-and-after pix; and all dr pat replied was that in his opinion, it looks balanced. so much for after-sales...

this is not to say that tokai is a bad place for PS. I did my cheek lipo, under chin lipo and buccal fat pad removal and they were all fine. But please DON'T do jaw implants at tokai!

still considering where to revise the jaw implants. Yoskarn is one of the choices. Going to email Dr Puttidak and sees whether he does it too. So far, am much happier with the hatyai work than the bangkok ops

Maverick21
Regular
Regular

Post by Maverick21 » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 4:19 pm

Bro thanks for the valuable advice but I would like to have my ps done at all the same time and it would be no more ps for me. So would you be going to Bangkok anytime soon? Now I also don't know which ps to choose.... Haha..... Seems like hat yai is the place to go but its pretty strange that bkk doctors do not do the job as well as they are supposed to be the best in the trade.... Tell me if you going august will be there!

mbk
Regular
Regular

Post by mbk » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 6:50 pm

Maverick, if you want jaw implants why are you going for jaw botox? You are NOT suppose to have botox months before going for jaw or chin surgey. As this will make the the judgement of proportions and muscle healing sort of confusing.

mbk
Regular
Regular

Post by mbk » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 6:56 pm

Maverick, moving chin forward with implants can be done well but lengthening is very very very limited. Only 2 mm or so...

Mostly for lengthening they do sliding genioplasty....

depends on how bad it is. If your bite is bad I suggest you start with an oral maxillofacial surgeon first.... They can fix this the best.

Maverick21
Regular
Regular

Post by Maverick21 » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:09 pm

Ya I have the Botox few months back already.when i look at myself in the mirror think its already back to pre botox days.thanks mbk for the suggestion but I think its pretty substantial for the sliding of the jaw bone? Can you enlighten me on this? As for the jaw reduction using Botox I did it to reduce the muscles on my jaw but the jaw implant is to actually strengthen the jaw line. Correct me if I'm wrong.... For myself I do not have a defined jaw line but I do have pretty big jaw muscles which makes my face looks big.... Sounds like a combination problem haha... Anyway yoskarn has already got back to me on the costs. Chin is 900 buccal1800 and jaw 2800 and will be placed under ga with one night stay. Seems pretty ex to me but my priority is the skills of the doctor and the final outcome.

mooncake_

Post by mooncake_ » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 2:53 am

hey guys, i'm going for waterjet lipo at S-P clinic in Bangkok either 3rd or last week of July. Anyone keen to join me? will prolly be there for 3d2n.

the website of the clinic is http://www.sp-cosmeticsurgery.com/

pink_fuchsia

Post by pink_fuchsia » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 1:10 pm

mooncake_ wrote:hey guys, i'm going for waterjet lipo at S-P clinic in Bangkok either 3rd or last week of July. Anyone keen to join me? will prolly be there for 3d2n.

the website of the clinic is http://www.sp-cosmeticsurgery.com/
hi mooncake.
im interested to go for the trip!
add me on msn [email protected]

meditate

Re: nose

Post by meditate » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 5:05 pm

wteng wrote:
aadvark wrote:Been 3 mths since my jaw implants. Overall i feel i ended up looking fatter and older looking. Quite disappointed. Tokai sent me an email and asked if i was satisfied, else they can revise at no charges.

i was quite pleased to see that, so i replied with my before and after pictures. And dr pat replied, saying that in his opinion, i look more balanced now. sheesh, then ask me why i satisfied or not for what... really disappointed...

i sent the same pix to yoskarn, and they recommended i redo my jaw and chin implants together. still considering, dun wanna waste another few k sgd and be disappointed. maybe i shld go find this dr puttisak and see what he recommends.

Beautyqueen, do the nurses at Puttisak speak better english than nara's nurses?
why dont u consider the one that i went to which is naravee in bangkok.u can read my pevious review on that. I did my eyes and nose there and am very satisfied. This was the 3rd revision for my nose as i did twice in spore and it was slanted. u can do a google on naravee clinic. If u wan a quote, its better to ask for thai bahts.
Hi wteng,
I'm a newbie here. I am interested to try at naravee you mentioned. I tried to email them at the hotmail address but no reply le... When I tried to call them the number not in use...? Maybe they have not update their site. Do you have a different contact that what is shown on their website? Would appreciate if you could give me.... Thanks!