Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
crystalheart

Cabin crew job is good but can you cope?

Post by crystalheart » Sat, 28 Jun 2008 7:54 am

After getting into the airline you would discover how tough it is to be a crew. Training sucks and so will be your first 6 months of flying. After that,the job could be boring or exciting(all up to the individual). Frankly most do not like serving paxs esp bad asses but the money is better than the office 9 to 5 job. Quite a no. of gals quit after the bond period.
Honestly speaking the fun part is when you are applying to be a crew. After you have got it the fun dies off (ask all trainees and mostill agree)and the hard work starts. First you will almost certainly die of the cultural shock at the training school. You will be treated as a school kid even if your were a teacher or an army officer before you became a crew. The struggle during training sucks..................... :cry:

saintlier

some pointers to help =]

Post by saintlier » Sat, 28 Jun 2008 1:31 pm

some of you mentioned that some of those in your group looked like they didn't put in any effort or sth yet they got in... hmm, how would you know if they put in effort or not :)

so let's not get all worked up abt what others did do or did not do..

rmb, 2 people can be saying the same thing but the one who says it pleasantly and with a smile will be the one getting through the round.

so SMILE, be CONFIDENT and speak proper english and you ll make it through the round. do not make your intro sound like a rehearsed speech. be natural and all the best. =]
.s.o.a.r.i.n.g. .t.h.e. .s.k.i.e.s.

notyesnot

Post by notyesnot » Sat, 28 Jun 2008 2:38 pm

i send the application form and a photo of myself to the place since thursday but no reply so far...

anyone can share what else u got include inside u attachment? or they take how long to reply?

thanks

janicejanice

Post by janicejanice » Sat, 28 Jun 2008 3:49 pm

sheep wrote:i have pmed the 10am girls!

anyone knows if the write in poeple are eligble for 19 july's walk in as well?

because my fren mentioned that this guy was asked to leave during the walk in as he went for write in

pls count me in for 2nd july 10am interview! i do not have enuf posts, so cant pm yet..
Last edited by janicejanice on Sat, 28 Jun 2008 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You may not have the best, but you can make your best out of the it.

janicejanice

Post by janicejanice » Sat, 28 Jun 2008 3:53 pm

notyesnot wrote:i send the application form and a photo of myself to the place since thursday but no reply so far...

anyone can share what else u got include inside u attachment? or they take how long to reply?

thanks
I included my application form (wif photo in it) and a resume. I sent it last Mon (23rd) and received it only yesterday (27th). Just hang on there! I believe they will get back to you soon! All e best! :)
You may not have the best, but you can make your best out of the it.

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Sat, 28 Jun 2008 4:00 pm

wah.. so many 10am interview from this forum... I'm one of u gals too.. =D

Jia you and goodluck to all of us who's going for the interview... hopefully can bring back the good news.. ^^
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

Eneres

Post by Eneres » Sat, 28 Jun 2008 5:32 pm

Hi,

I'm starting training on 30 June. Can any seniors share with me whether we are expected to bun up our hair on 1st day of training as per Grooming guide? Because i don't really know how to. Can i just let my hair down on the 1st day till grooming class begins?

Really appreciate your help on this.......:)
Yours Truly

zetpeh
Regular
Regular

Post by zetpeh » Sat, 28 Jun 2008 8:03 pm

Eneres wrote:Hi,

I'm starting training on 30 June. Can any seniors share with me whether we are expected to bun up our hair on 1st day of training as per Grooming guide? Because i don't really know how to. Can i just let my hair down on the 1st day till grooming class begins?

Really appreciate your help on this.......:)

u are not required to bun yr hair up on the first day nor having the standard make up.... do let yr skin breaath a few more days bah b4 yr training.... u will onli need to do this after yr groomin classes dun u worry... which batch u in?

Eneres

Post by Eneres » Sat, 28 Jun 2008 8:10 pm

u are not required to bun yr hair up on the first day nor having the standard make up.... do let yr skin breaath a few more days bah b4 yr training.... u will onli need to do this after yr groomin classes dun u worry... which batch u in?

Hi,

I'm in Batch 982............so i can just let my hair down without tying right? What about yourself? Batch No.?
Yours Truly

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Cabin crew job is good but can you cope?

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 28 Jun 2008 8:59 pm

crystalheart wrote:After getting into the airline you would discover how tough it is to be a crew. Training sucks and so will be your first 6 months of flying. After that,the job could be boring or exciting(all up to the individual). Frankly most do not like serving paxs esp bad asses but the money is better than the office 9 to 5 job. Quite a no. of gals quit after the bond period.
Honestly speaking the fun part is when you are applying to be a crew. After you have got it the fun dies off (ask all trainees and mostill agree)and the hard work starts. First you will almost certainly die of the cultural shock at the training school. You will be treated as a school kid even if your were a teacher or an army officer before you became a crew. The struggle during training sucks..................... :cry:
You are always so negative about being a Flight Stewardess, why are you still flying? Why don't you just ask your Pilot lover old uncle to pay up your bond and quit? Then you can blog as you like and wash all your dirty liner in your blog again. :twisted:

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Cabin crew job is good but can you cope?

Post by Plavt » Sat, 28 Jun 2008 10:14 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
You are always so negative about being a Flight Stewardess, why are you still flying? Why don't you just ask your Pilot lover old uncle to pay up your bond and quit? Then you can blog as you like and wash all your dirty liner in your blog again. :twisted:
I don't think you she is entirely negative; these feelings are common among many young people when they first hit the work place environment. What she mentions about crew not liking passengers is no surprise: BA crews call pax 'self-loading cargo' cheeky b*******! [-X - on them.

blackpolitics

Post by blackpolitics » Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:40 pm

Eneres wrote:u are not required to bun yr hair up on the first day nor having the standard make up.... do let yr skin breaath a few more days bah b4 yr training.... u will onli need to do this after yr groomin classes dun u worry... which batch u in?

Hi,

I'm in Batch 982............so i can just let my hair down without tying right? What about yourself? Batch No.?
hey. when is batch 982 coming in? 30th? you guys grad on sept 12 same as mine. im batch 980 anyway. have fun. its great.

PeterPan07

Post by PeterPan07 » Sun, 29 Jun 2008 12:11 am

hi blackpolitics, hw's training been?

Vyn

Post by Vyn » Sun, 29 Jun 2008 3:42 am

Hey to d 10am girls, am wondering if we r still meeting up 4 d interview?
I.Will.Soar

blackpolitics

Post by blackpolitics » Sun, 29 Jun 2008 2:22 pm

PeterPan07 wrote:hi blackpolitics, hw's training been?
powerpack one la. no worries. just chill and be serious wwhen comes to important parts. will do la.