Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
nosecraze
Regular
Regular

Post by nosecraze » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 9:17 pm

oh god. relax guys.

This is a thread for us to help each other not try to kill one another.
Let's just stick with talking about plastic surgery abroad and leave shiyun's theory for another thread.

Btw Shiyun,
I'm not putting down ur ideas, ive had friends who eats such stuff as their diet, but they are bodybuilders. I wonder how it works anyway.

How long have you been eating them and how much improvement is there?
Like, is there a significant extra mm or smth?

Cheers!

simplegal84
Regular
Regular

Post by simplegal84 » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 1:32 am

may i know how much is it to remove the nose implant? what are the implication? need how many days to recover?

it has been ~ 3 mths.. but my nose job still look very obvious to everyone who knows me.. even for those who dun know me before the PS.. notice my nose bridge is like swollen and nose looks croaked slightly.

should i wait awhile to assess?

fushioncherry

Post by fushioncherry » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:49 am

simplegal84 wrote:may i know how much is it to remove the nose implant? what are the implication? need how many days to recover?

it has been ~ 3 mths.. but my nose job still look very obvious to everyone who knows me.. even for those who dun know me before the PS.. notice my nose bridge is like swollen and nose looks croaked slightly.

should i wait awhile to assess?
Hi Simplegal84,

Can you pm me? Or provide me any email which i can reach u? I can't pm you due to not enough postings. ... Thank you!

lalalala

double eyelid surgery

Post by lalalala » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 1:41 pm

anyone done blepharoplasty with dr. su in taiwan? i've not seen any personal reviews of her. thanks!

love, rachel

Post by love, rachel » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:09 pm

Hi Shinyunn you re really special in a way bcos everytime i see your post on the forum it always tend to make an interesting post. :)

But I am not here to hear abt animal cartilage, altho how i wish it could be true. I really need to know if anyone is going to Korea for ps soon?

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Re: double eyelid surgery

Post by tanjhj » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 1:49 am

lalalala wrote:anyone done blepharoplasty with dr. su in taiwan? i've not seen any personal reviews of her. thanks!
well she has lots of reviews at her forum and other forums. she is not one of the best in taiwan for nothing.. :cool:
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

yca

Post by yca » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 5:58 am

yca wrote:Tanjhj,

It's been for than 1yr plus since we last communitcate. How are you? Hope you can remember what you had promised me last time. Pls get back to me asap through pm when you read this msg. Thanks.
To Tanjhj,

Think you missed my last msg to you. Pls pm me upon reading this msg. Thanks.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 4:11 am

yoz yca.. i areadi PM u last year.. of coz i still remember you. how is ur nose now?

yeah i didnt read your last post to me
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

yca

Post by yca » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 7:09 am

tanjhj wrote:yoz yca.. i areadi PM u last year.. of coz i still remember you. how is ur nose now?

yeah i didnt read your last post to me
Hi Tanjhj,

No, i dont mean the pm last yr. I mean i'm asking you whether you had remember what you promised me last yr in the pm. It's more than a yr already, so i wanna ask will you be keeping to the promise or not? I hope you didn't forget abt it bah? :-| Hope you can pm me regarding it. My nose still the same. Too fat and board. :(

love, rachel

Post by love, rachel » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 9:32 pm

Here's what i ve figured a way for people who are afraid of harvesting their own rib cartilage but still want to do their autologous rhinoplasty with Dr.HSu in taiwan which country forbid donored rib cartilage to be purchased.

assumption:

1. you have enough money & courage
2. afraid of cutting your own rib cartilage but not afraid of cutting ur nose

Patients can go to Dr.jung first for the rhinoplasty with the donored rib cartilage, since in Korea you can have donored rib cartilage and hope for the best.! But if (touch wood) it doesnt turn out as good as what it hoped to be, then can always go to Taiwan and have it fixed with Dr.Hsu. Since already have donored rib cartilage, its not illegal to have Dr.HSu to fix it. Problem solved & you got nuthing to lose since Dr.Jung is a reputable docter already if anythg goes wrong Dr.Hsu is on the neighbourhood country. Gee I am so smart! - I deserve a nobel price for this. lol.

So who wanna go with to Dr. Jung's clinic this year?

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:20 pm

:-|
Last edited by feline.eyes on Wed, 27 Aug 2008 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

love, rachel

Post by love, rachel » Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:57 pm

feline.eyes wrote:
love, rachel wrote:Here's what i ve figured a way for people who are afraid of harvesting their own rib cartilage but still want to do their autologous rhinoplasty with Dr.HSu in taiwan which country forbid donored rib cartilage to be purchased.

assumption:

1. you have enough money & courage
2. afraid of cutting your own rib cartilage but not afraid of cutting ur nose

Patients can go to Dr.jung first for the rhinoplasty with the donored rib cartilage, since in Korea you can have donored rib cartilage and hope for the best.! But if (touch wood) it doesnt turn out as good as what it hoped to be, then can always go to Taiwan and have it fixed with Dr.Hsu. Since already have donored rib cartilage, its not illegal to have Dr.HSu to fix it. Problem solved & you got nuthing to lose since Dr.Jung is a reputable docter already if anythg goes wrong Dr.Hsu is on the neighbourhood country. Gee I am so smart! - I deserve a nobel price for this. lol.

So who wanna go with to Dr. Jung's clinic this year?
Can I find out where did you get this idea from? I think it seems a little suss... I mean all doctors prepare the harvested cartilage differently and once it has be carved, can it really withstand more "processing"?

Anyway Dr Jung is a really good doctor and I am sure he will do a very good job if people were to go to him.
uhmm.. this idea is derived from my deperate need to go for an autologous rhino with the most well known plastic surgeon.. I wanted to go to Dr.Hsu but the thing is that I dont want more pain on my rib. Cutting up a nose should be painful enough, let alone cutting a rib bone. :?. (if you know what i mean?) So my second choice is Dr.Jung.. but the thing with second choice is that i havent heard any good results with him using autlogous rhino, thats all. * arrghh in dillemma*

Any other famous rhino surgeons in Korea? What abt parkwonjin clinic or wark??

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:53 pm

:-|
Last edited by feline.eyes on Wed, 27 Aug 2008 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

ohlala_PS
Regular
Regular

Re: rhinoplasty

Post by ohlala_PS » Sun, 29 Jun 2008 10:15 am

shoe_girl wrote:Thanks for the info babyangel, but no im not considering dr hsu. Yeah seems theres different opinons on gortex, cause some docs say its pretty simple to remove.

But does anyone know how high a single layer of gortex is? And does it compress over time?
babyangel wrote:Hi shoe-gal,

i read some of the reviews here & articles that goretex is usually not advisable. Cos they hv kind of holes on it n when you hv the goretex inside your nose, your cells, fibres, etc wud grow over it n thru the holes. If the rhinoplasty turns out not to be satisfactory n you wanna remove it. it is very difficult to be removed n heard that some surgeons are not keen to do the job of removal esp if it has been inside for sometime.

I believe in SIngapore, most of the plastic surgeons use Silicon implants instead of goretex as it is easy to put in n remove. I hv consulted quite alot of the popular local surgeons before n so far, i dont hear any of them using goretex. I think goretex is probably more widely used in countries like Korea, Taiwan, etc.

btw, were you the one who mentioned that you are thinking of visiting Dr Hsu? im trying to recall who were the few people that intend to visit Dr Hsu. If so, when do you plan to do it?

cheers. :)

shoe_girl wrote:Is it true that gortex takes longer to deswell and take shape than silicon? Does anyone know if it get compressed over time? What is the eventual height of a single 2mm layer of gortex after compression?
why do you wanna know this ? aren't you happy with your nose now?

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

Post by terrie35 » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:11 am

Hi, guys !

Anyone knows or has anything done with ear cartilage for nose augumentation ? Will appreciate very much if you can share...

One surgeon told me that he can only add 1.5mm to my nose cos my own nose is high enough ....do you think it is worth it just to add 1.5mm ?