Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
maihai

Post by maihai » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 5:19 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
catcrazy wrote:
princessjm wrote:.

What would you do if a passenger demanded a seat near the window? (The seat is full)

quote]

it is unlikely coz the seating is done when u check in. but i think if i really i wld answer that i wld see if there are any window seats in the plane that are empty. if there arent, i wld apologise, saying there are none available, and ask if i can do anything else to make it comfortable for him.
Explain to the pax that the flight is full, handover to the ground staff if the aircraft door is still open. If the door is closed, it became the cabin crew problem. Tell him that you will try to ask other pax sitting at the window seat to change seat with him. (Ask a few pax around him to change seat with him, this is to show him that you have tried your best to help.) most of the time you will manage to get a seat change for him, if not apologise to him and if he is a human he will not take it against you as you have already tried to help him, give him extra attention during the flight. SIA is very service orientated, you must always show the pax that you have tried to help them with their request. Telling them reasons and procedures are not longer enough for the high expection pax who travel with SIA. To any questions that deals with pax, always show that you are willing to do the extra or goes out of the way to help them. That is what good service is all about.
the best answer is to say the seat is registered to personal ID and incase of emergency they will have to see to the database entry on seat. so all seats are not advisable to change. this is for passenger safety =)

i wan to be cabin crew but my qualification is not at the level =( . i have to pick up o level then try my luck

serenade

Post by serenade » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:36 pm

hi, can anyone enlighten on the dress code during training? must it be very formal?

double e

Post by double e » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:29 pm

sychelles wrote:thanks double e for your time in all my queries.
yes i was also wondering how to they actually select from lot of those write-in interviewees.

btw to those who receive their call for 2nd july interview, may i ask how long had u guys waited before they contact you?
the time period u send in ur application forms and when they contact you for 2nd july interview.

thanks.
cheers.
hey dear. i got it a day after i sent in my resume. have u send your resume and application form?

smurfieee
Regular
Regular

Post by smurfieee » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:12 am

serenade wrote:hi, can anyone enlighten on the dress code during training? must it be very formal?
yupyup...bun + heavy makeup...strictly office wear with heels...no wearing of glasses....guys...hair must be gel/wax...formal wear with tie...;)
::s.m.u.r.f.i.e.e.e::

serenade

Post by serenade » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:22 am

smurfieee wrote:
serenade wrote:hi, can anyone enlighten on the dress code during training? must it be very formal?
yupyup...bun + heavy makeup...strictly office wear with heels...no wearing of glasses....guys...hair must be gel/wax...formal wear with tie...;)
ooh, thanks! quite jittery thinking about first day of training. Office wear but doesn't have to be those formal shirts/long-sleeved yea?

will there be a briefing before our first day of training?

dreamchaser

August training crews

Post by dreamchaser » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:23 am

hi,

May i know is there anyone here from batch 991? =)

collete

should i apply?

Post by collete » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 9:06 am

i'm 19 this year and doing my 3.1 (3rd year) in polytechnic and also doing some part-time tutoring.

i've always wanted to be a cabin crew and i just saw that you can either write-in or walk-in.

however, i'm not sure if i can apply now because i'm graduating next year, in april.

will someone be kind enough to assist me in this? thanks!

LINDA.

sunkissed08

A query..

Post by sunkissed08 » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:02 am

Hie ppl..

In the requirement section, they state that the person must have 5 GCE 'O' Level credits including English. But if mine was 5 credits with English but only 4 subject passed, coz the other subject i got an "E" (which is Science), can i still be qualified?

Hope someone can enlighten my doubts :)

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Re: should i apply?

Post by catcrazy » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:03 am

collete wrote:i'm 19 this year and doing my 3.1 (3rd year) in polytechnic and also doing some part-time tutoring.

i've always wanted to be a cabin crew and i just saw that you can either write-in or walk-in.

however, i'm not sure if i can apply now because i'm graduating next year, in april.

will someone be kind enough to assist me in this? thanks!

LINDA.
hey. u wont be able to apply now coz the website says those graudating in dec 08/ but they are always in need of new CC so dont worry. next yr there will be more interviews=)

maihai

shld i mail to them?

Post by maihai » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:01 pm

i seen many pages regards abt qualification. shld we jus write into to the recuitment and clear our doubts first?

mind1503

Will i make it in time if email today?

Post by mind1503 » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:22 pm

Hi all,

i went for the walk-in during 22nd June, but was booted out in the 1st round, rather disappointed. guess i didnt quite answer well why i wanna be an air steward.

anyway, while wanting to attempt the walk-in in july again, i didnt notice they allow write-in on the website with a deadline on 30th June!!

notice in this forum some of you will be going for the interview on 2nd July, good lucks gals and guys!!!

just wondering, if i send in today my write-application,...am i still in time?...since the deadline is so near already.. :(

mind1503

Yan86

Post by Yan86 » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:29 pm

it says the deadline is on the 30th, no harm trying. Otherwise, there's always the upcoming walk-in sesson :)

fashionista_aspired

Post by fashionista_aspired » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 1:31 pm

hihi...may i know roughly how long after mailing back our signed contract will SIA email us our bond signing date? thanks!

Vyn

Post by Vyn » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 4:43 pm

Hey hey anyone gg for the interview on the 2th July at 10am?
I.Will.Soar

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Re: A query..

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 6:12 pm

sunkissed08 wrote:Hie ppl..

In the requirement section, they state that the person must have 5 GCE 'O' Level credits including English. But if mine was 5 credits with English but only 4 subject passed, coz the other subject i got an "E" (which is Science), can i still be qualified?

Hope someone can enlighten my doubts :)
Here are some FAQ, hope it will clear up the question s that you guys have
:P

1) Private Diploma in what course will be consider?
Ans: Diploma regardless of government or private will be considered.

2) DIP in Makeup, is it ok?
Ans: We are unable to advise without further information.
Please kindly advise the institution, duration and frequency of the classes taken to complete the diploma.
Please also advise if it is a professional diploma?

3) Private Diploma in which area
Ans: Not too sure of your scope of your question here.
Prehaps you could rephrase? Thank you.

4) N levels with a private Diploma is it ok?
Ans: Yes, as the candidate qualifies based on his diploma.

5) O levels with a D7 in English but later obtain a Diploma from a local Polytechnic, is it ok?
Ans: Yes, as the candidate qualifies based on his diploma.

6) Is it true that SIA will only look at the highest Education level therefore disregard whether its a N Levels or an O levels with D7 in English ?
Ans: The candidate qualifies based on his highest Educational Qualifications.
The rest of his educational qualifications might be taken into account by the interviewers during their assessment.

7) What is the cut off age for both girls and guys now?
Ans: There is no cut off age for both genders.

8) Who to contact if they have more question, what is the E-mail address?
Ans: The Public can email to [email protected].