Singapore Expats

Teeth Whitening

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
gf
Regular
Regular

Re: teeth whitening

Post by gf » Sat, 16 Feb 2008 1:12 am

babyangel wrote:Hi,

Has anyone tried any of the whitening methods i.e. Britesmile, Zoom Or Fabulous Smile & has very good results?

Im thinking of going for teeth whitening & trying to decide which of the above to go for.

Cheers. :)
Britesmile or Zoom are quite reliable, they usually produce very good results. either one would be ok.

renguard

Post by renguard » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 6:16 pm

hey gf can i go to your clinic and do the teeth whitening since u're so good in it

gf
Regular
Regular

whitening

Post by gf » Sun, 29 Jun 2008 11:34 pm

renguard wrote:hey gf can i go to your clinic and do the teeth whitening since u're so good in it

lol sure! i've pm you the contact details.
I've also given you the clinic website and details so that you can check it out if you like. there're useful "before" "after" photos which you can see.
But we've to do an examination first cuz not everyone may be immediately suitable for teeth whitening.
hope that helps.
cheers

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sat, 05 Jul 2008 7:54 pm

gf wrote: i'm a dental surgeon btw, hope this answers your questions.
cheers!
a quick question... if i used an appropriate (home) mixture of carbamide and adequately graded hydrogen peroxide, would the result be evenly distributed? (and thus, similar to off-the-shelf kits whereby it's not)

gf
Regular
Regular

Post by gf » Sun, 06 Jul 2008 1:02 am

taxico wrote:
cheers!
a quick question... if i used an appropriate (home) mixture of carbamide and adequately graded hydrogen peroxide, would the result be evenly distributed? (and thus, similar to off-the-shelf kits whereby it's not)
most of the whitening systems use agents such as hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. To be honest, i have no idea what the result will be if you used your home mixture because i havent done that before!
But not only would you have to get the correct concentrations, you will also need to be careful of certain other stuff such as an even spread, and avoiding the gums etc
For an effective mixture, the concentration will have to be quite high and if improperly applied, it can lead to quite bad gum sensitivity

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sun, 06 Jul 2008 10:15 am

gf wrote:
taxico wrote:
cheers!
most of the whitening systems use agents such as hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. To be honest, i have no idea what the result will be if you used your home mixture because i havent done that before!
But not only would you have to get the correct concentrations, you will also need to be careful of certain other stuff such as an even spread, and avoiding the gums etc
For an effective mixture, the concentration will have to be quite high and if improperly applied, it can lead to quite bad gum sensitivity
hmmm! thanks for the reply. i was about to pick up an off-the-shelf kit when a friend of mine in your industry commented it's basically the two ingredients that work for such products and recommended i measure out the quantity she specifies and just brush for similar effect.

i just worry it'll come out patchy. might skip it then. nothing too wrong with my shade right now! :)

renguard

Post by renguard » Fri, 18 Jul 2008 7:40 pm

i've just visited gf's clinic and im very happy with the result, my teeth got 12 shades whiter which it is more than what i expected and the price is reasonable it is only 800 dollars but the price to pay is to bear the pain of the sensitivity after the whitening

gf
Regular
Regular

whitening

Post by gf » Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:54 pm

renguard wrote:i've just visited gf's clinic and im very happy with the result, my teeth got 12 shades whiter which it is more than what i expected and the price is reasonable it is only 800 dollars but the price to pay is to bear the pain of the sensitivity after the whitening

glad you are happy with the result!

But just wanna caution that not everyone's result will be such a big change. His case happens to be one where we had such good results cos he could tolerate with the sensitivity during treatment.
:D

aksh

Teeth whitening

Post by aksh » Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:15 am

Hi, gf,

could you perhaps PM me your contact too? I'm thinking of getting my teeth whitened too!

Many thanks.

zack2000

Re: whitening

Post by zack2000 » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:15 pm

gf wrote:
renguard wrote:i've just visited gf's clinic and im very happy with the result, my teeth got 12 shades whiter which it is more than what i expected and the price is reasonable it is only 800 dollars but the price to pay is to bear the pain of the sensitivity after the whitening

glad you are happy with the result!

But just wanna caution that not everyone's result will be such a big change. His case happens to be one where we had such good results cos he could tolerate with the sensitivity during treatment.
:D
Hi renguard,

Please advise if the sensitivity last a few days or weeks or months? That's my biggest concern here...
And what treatment did u exactly have? Thanks.

paulabreen

Post by paulabreen » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 5:17 pm

hi gf, can you advise which brand is best re teeth whitening ie zoom, Britesmile, Zoom Or Fabulous Smile. where isyour clinic and what are the prices?

nhonho_88

Post by nhonho_88 » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 5:46 pm

I also look for a center to whiten my teeth. Anyone helps? :???:

gf
Regular
Regular

Post by gf » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 8:05 am

paulabreen wrote:hi gf, can you advise which brand is best re teeth whitening ie zoom, Britesmile, Zoom Or Fabulous Smile. where isyour clinic and what are the prices?
hi...
the brand used is not that crucial, but the laser whitening seems to be more popular these days.
basically, zoom and zoom II is uses laser, while britesmile is chemical activated.
The system that renguard (see above post) used is the laser whitening system. Zoom II.
My clinic is situated within camden medical centre.
I will pm you the clinic website and details.
hope this helps :D

positano
Regular
Regular

Post by positano » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 9:30 am

nhonho_88 wrote:I also look for a center to whiten my teeth. Anyone helps? :???:
Dental on the Bay at Vivo City

ling27

Post by ling27 » Sun, 14 Sep 2008 2:05 pm

hi gf! can u send me ur clinic's website so i can take a look? cos i'm thinking of whitening my teeth as well (: btw, how much do u charge for it and how long will it last?? (: