Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Ode

Post by Ode » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 9:12 pm

temper
Last edited by Ode on Sat, 08 Aug 2009 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

princessjm

Post by princessjm » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 9:27 pm

Ode wrote:I went for the walk-in-interview, i cant even pass the 1st rnd of height req. I'm 1cm short. Bec I really wanted a flying career, I asked a more senior lady the 1 who was dealing w the certificates if SIA has ever accepted any1 <158cm, she said nv. I cld see that that were politics & bitchyness in some of the ladies who are taking height. Tiz is my 2nd try. Is it possible to juz write in or go the the management level even thou i'm 1cm short?
hi ode. i went also this morning and my height was only 155cm when the nice lady measured. but i think she was willing to consider because she let me try the arm reach which i was able to reach the mark. but sadly, they don't accept filipino PR so i didn't get in. did u manage to reach the mark for the arm reach?

Sofia888

Post by Sofia888 » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 9:44 pm

so when is the next intake for sia? not that i would apply as i am starting my cabin crew training soon but for my cousin who wants to try also. thanks!

princessjm yeah sia really don't consider <158 cm as it is too short for reaching i guess and they don't really tell straight that you are not applicable as they try to say it nicely as possible. best regards!
"Never Let Anything Get In the Way Of Your Destiny.."- View From the Top

princessjm

Post by princessjm » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 9:50 pm

Sofia888 wrote:so when is the next intake for sia? not that i would apply as i am starting my cabin crew training soon but for my cousin who wants to try also. thanks!

princessjm yeah sia really don't consider <158 cm as it is too short for reaching i guess and they don't really tell straight that you are not applicable as they try to say it nicely as possible. best regards!
wow goodluck on your training sofia. =)

hilove

Post by hilove » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 10:33 pm

just a generic qn on the application form....

theres this qn..."Have you applied on any previous occasions for employment in any capacity with SIA? Give date and position applied for."

Does this qn applies to SilkAir as well or only SIA?
If i did apply for Silkair must i write it down?

Thanks

princessjm

Post by princessjm » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 10:49 pm

is the minimum reach for sia 212cm? or just 208cm?

endlessx

Post by endlessx » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 1:13 am

hilove wrote:just a generic qn on the application form....

theres this qn..."Have you applied on any previous occasions for employment in any capacity with SIA? Give date and position applied for."

Does this qn applies to SilkAir as well or only SIA?
If i did apply for Silkair must i write it down?

Thanks
with SIA, so i guess u don't have to put. :)
I flung today interview again *shrug*
worse still can't even get to management rd this time, got booted out on 3rd round 1 to 1 interview. :(

Somehow today's crowd not as much as my previous try,
but out of my group of 10 people, left 4 after 1st round, 2 after 2nd, then the 2 of us got booted out on 3rd round. Sad man... really tough :-|

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 7:29 am

hey guys!!dont give up hope or feel too down ok? *HUGGG* just try again. u didnt fail..u just faced an obstacle which u will learn from and u will use to help you the next time u go=)

i understand how u guys feel. when i got kicked out the 2nd time. i cried like nobodies business and was very very stressed and qte down for abt 2 weeks. (worse coz it was the weekend before the exams=/) but this horrible feeling will pass..and some of u will want this more than ever. keep trying for ur dreams=)

*HUG*

catherine89

Post by catherine89 » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:35 pm

how was the interview ytd? anyone care to share?

lagoon80

Post by lagoon80 » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 2:21 pm

now i know what is the meaning of depress.......
i didn't even make it pass round 1 of interview. :(

there were eight of us and only one made it to round 2.........
seems like they are pretty critical about the selection.

anyway, i will not give up :D

missyvain

Post by missyvain » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 3:58 pm

i'm turning 21 this yr & i wanted to join SIA as stewardess too BUT my only worry is my qualification. i did very badly for my O lvl back then & now i'm thinking of taking private diploma in tourism.

But one of my friend who is a steward told me that SIA only take government sch diploma student or those from well known private sch.
and for private dip holder to get in, chances is 1 in a million.

i feel very discourage, lost & confuse...

advise pls or what type of private course should i take.....much thks.

loony

Post by loony » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 4:33 pm

went for the interview on sun. didnt get thru even the 1st round. its my 5th attempt. 1st 2 attempts i made it to the 2nd round but the last 3 attempts i got booted out in the 1st round. not sure what went wrong. felt confident of my own presentation but... quite demoralise now. not sure shd i try again in the next interview... :(

lagoon80

Post by lagoon80 » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 5:36 pm

Hmm..... would just like know if there is a certain expectation from us to pass through the first round.... or it's just based on the panel of interviewers' preferences?

basically we were just told to self-intro ourselves and why we would to join as a cabin crew. (Apparently my smiles didn't help me much.......)

lagoon80

Post by lagoon80 » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 5:41 pm

By the way, i would just like to congrats those who manage to make it through the entire rounds. At the same time, those who didn't make it can always try again. Just don't give up if it's your dream.

Cheers! :)

loony

Post by loony » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 6:02 pm

yah wonder what is expected from us in 1st round... bcos apparently some of those who actually got thru 1st round did not speak very well. can tell that they are very nervous but yet they make it through.