Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
soyabean

Post by soyabean » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 2:58 am

thanks sweetie, you're very helpful! Im going to ask if he can perform under local.. I don't think thats any bone cracking for nose augmentation right? I don't mind the rib extraction awake.. but when its in the middle of your face its kinda hard to ignore!!

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 3:52 am

:-|
Last edited by feline.eyes on Wed, 27 Aug 2008 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:34 am

Just want to add something about GA. Most of the time you should feel groggy, or your mind can't really think properly. But the effects don't last that long

4Kix

Post by 4Kix » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 1:57 pm

Soyabean - you cannot expect him to graft your rib without undergoing GA. It will be a given. You can do local if you use your ear cartilage though.

soyabean

Post by soyabean » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 4:37 pm

thanks everyone, you've all been so helpful! OOOhh im so scared of GA ><

I have sent over my pictures and asked dr hsu for his recommendations. I've asked a few people about dr hsu work and alot have said his work is abit 'conservative'... i think thats a good thing.. The bridge i dont mind being flat but I want the tip more defined.. I looking through his after photos and the profiles look amazing, but I find his tips still abit roundish and not very projected... do you find your tips better than before? I guess its abit early to ask as its still quite swollen?

Thanks xxx

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 5:53 pm

Hi feline.eyes,

congrats on your new nose. You must be looking very good now and speedy recovery for you ya. Oh and thanks for sharing the informations on how to travel to kaoshiung, it is indeed very detailed.

I have some questions hope you can help me with it. :)

1) may i know which which flight you took to kaoshiung?

2)Do u actually took a flight to taipei first then to kaoshiung? Would the air fare be cheaper if i go from taipei to kaoshiung?

3) may i know will there be any side effects if the doctor remove of the rib from the ribcage?

4)Do you actually can feel something missing inside the rib cage?
Will the bone grow back from the part being removed from the ribcage? ( i did asked dr hsu on this matter but he just replied to me that there would be any side effects...?? :???:

Sorry for so much questions, i hope you can help me with my doubts as i will be going to dr hsu before end of this year. TIA :)

feline.eyes wrote:I totally get you, because before I was going insane trying to get information about Taiwan that are in English and it was terribly hard.

Taipei

I suggest that if you are going to stay and travel in Taiwan for some time to get a guide book like I did. I got the Lonely Planet and it was pretty helpful for going on small trips away from the major city. But if you aren't going to travel much but are just going to stay in Kaohsiung and Taipei, then I think it won't be necessary.

When you arrived in Taipei, get the "Taipei City Travel" published by the Taipei Metro. You can find it at most of the major MRT Stations and most definitely at the Taipei Main Station. It should be displayed at the tourist pamphlets area. It is a useful book to have around and will be enough to help you navigate Taipei if you stay within the central area. It also tells you the major attractions within the city and how to get to them with the MRT. Helpful ain't it? :)

You can also check out the Visitor's Information Centre at Taipei Main Station . Opening hours are 8am to 8pm.

Kaohsiung

If you use the THSR to get to Kaohsiung, please check the pockets in front of your passenger seat. In it there should be a handy little timetable for the THSR and with the MRT stations printed at the back. The Kaohsiung MRT is very, very new and most maps and guidebooks will not list the stations. When I last checked, the Kaohsiung MRT did not have any guidebooks out like the Taipei MRT. When you get to your hostel/hotel, ask the front counter for a map of Kaohsiung and you should be fine. Alternatively, you can get a map from Dr Hsu. Kaohsiung is a lot smaller than Taipei and has a lot less attractions. Frankly there isn't much to do.

Useful website:

http://www.taipeitravel.net
http://www.krtco.com.tw/
http://www.trtc.com.tw

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Post by feline.eyes » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 9:30 pm

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Post by feline.eyes » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 9:37 pm

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Wed, 18 Jun 2008 3:22 am

feline.eyes wrote:
appletree wrote:Hi feline.eyes,

congrats on your new nose. You must be looking very good now and speedy recovery for you ya. Oh and thanks for sharing the informations on how to travel to kaoshiung, it is indeed very detailed.

I have some questions hope you can help me with it. :)

1) may i know which which flight you took to kaoshiung?

2)Do u actually took a flight to taipei first then to kaoshiung? Would the air fare be cheaper if i go from taipei to kaoshiung?

3) may i know will there be any side effects if the doctor remove of the rib from the ribcage?

4)Do you actually can feel something missing inside the rib cage?
Will the bone grow back from the part being removed from the ribcage? ( i did asked dr hsu on this matter but he just replied to me that there would be any side effects...?? :???:

Sorry for so much questions, i hope you can help me with my doubts as i will be going to dr hsu before end of this year. TIA :)

I didn't fly to Kaohsiung. I took the THSR to Kaohsiung from Taipei. The price would be about the same. I just wanted to leave from Taipei at the end of my trip.

Side effects... hmmm... I guess you will be quite sore for a bit, then the soreness will go away and will only hurt when you exert yourself or carry heavy stuff. Then for a while you will have to take it easy. But I think eventually you will be good as new. Of course you will get a small scar. Maybe you can ask the other patients what they feel now that it has been a while?

hi gal,

thanks for the reply. Actually im kind of consent with the ribcage part where part of the bone is being removed... so wondering if the removed part will be able to mend back after certain period of time? :wink:

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Post by feline.eyes » Wed, 18 Jun 2008 4:31 am

Last edited by feline.eyes on Wed, 27 Aug 2008 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

love, rachel

Post by love, rachel » Wed, 18 Jun 2008 2:41 pm

Does anyone have Dr. Toriumi and Dr. Hsu's number or e-mail address? I need to make an appointment and consult abt it. Should I just go to Korea to get the rib bones donor instead of getting it fm my own ribs.?

Does costal cartilage (rib bone) or artificial (goretex or silicon) determine the shapes of the nose. I mean, when I went to Dr. Jung's website., all the noses looks abt the same. which are fleshy on the bridge and slightly higer tip. And when i go to Dr. HSu website, I see a sharper and projected nose. Would the different material matters on the end result?

soyabean

Post by soyabean » Wed, 18 Jun 2008 7:49 pm

Does anyone know how long dr hsu has been doing nose for? Sorry i cant read chinese on his website! Not even sure if it says so either :P

soyabean

Post by soyabean » Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:32 pm

does anyone know if you HAVE to have your photos posted up on dr hsu website? Is that part of the contract should you have your nose done with him?

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Post by feline.eyes » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 2:45 am

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Post by feline.eyes » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 2:48 am