Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
soursalad

Post by soursalad » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 1:02 pm

catcrazy wrote:
soursalad wrote:
Careena wrote:Ya I went on 28th..Haha maybe there are excessive fats accumulate on your breast? :P Anyway not to worry too much..This is the only thing we can do right now..Keep me updated ya. :)
lol!if there's excess fats! you shld celebrate! cos its not a medical issue then! :) hehe
i hope so!!but the scan shows visible clear lumps so its not fats=/ hopefully its coz my period was coming soon . my family got history of breast cancer also.. STRESS!!!

i heard that those who called the last time were scolded by mary=/

LOL now it seems like out of all the SQ gals, we can safely say that Mary is the popular of them all :P

soursalad

Post by soursalad » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 1:04 pm

Tres Bien Merci wrote:Hi all,

Dont worry about the training date. As long as you are ok, SIA will definitelly call you to inform you regarding your training start date.

I know that sometimes Mary will scold those people that call her for this information but it would be better you give her a call to check with her. One of my friend get left out. Lucky!!!! She called and she got her training date one month after.

I guess they are to busy due to masive interview that held by them every month. On top of that they do have limited space for training.
From what i understand, every class they open, they have restricted number of student and per month they do have restricted number per class too.

Either you wait for a while more or if you do not mind, you can try to give Mary a call. Even though you get scold by her, at least you know the outcome and you do not need to wait in agony.
I think I dont mind waiting for abit.... until say hmp a month or something..... then proolllly ill call cos it officially seems like they forgot me. lol.

are u in the training now??

Eneres

Post by Eneres » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 2:15 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation as me. i have already signed the Contract after they mailed me and posted it back to SIA. My training starts on 30th June.

However, i have yet to receive any emails re. the signing of the bond. I have sent Mary an email to confirm receipt of my mailed-back contract and the signing of the bond date but to no avail.

As long as you passed the medical check up and sign the contract and is informed of the training date, you are confirm 100% selected for the job right? Or must you sign the bond to be 100% sure. Can anyone shed some light on this matter? Really appreciate your kind assistance.
Yours Truly

lagoon80

Post by lagoon80 » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 4:27 pm

Hi to all! I'm a newbie who had just signup for this forum.
Happy posting!

:D

blackpolitics

23rd June

Post by blackpolitics » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 4:55 pm

heyy. any batch 980 here?

lagoon80

Post by lagoon80 » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 5:26 pm

i'm actually looking forward to this coming sun, a bit nervous abt it since this would be my first time applying for the position.

any tips on how to handle the first interview?
gladly appreciate for any advice given.

:)

blackpolitics

Airlines

Post by blackpolitics » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 5:51 pm

lagoon80 wrote:i'm actually looking forward to this coming sun, a bit nervous abt it since this would be my first time applying for the position.

stay calm. honestly thats the most important. bring out your sincerity. I believe thats what they want. Let them hear the best answer you can get. Dont say stuffs like " erh i come today's interview cos im lookin for a job" its like so general and not sincere at all. speak slowly with confidence so that they can hear you well. you can do it. good luck.

soursalad

Post by soursalad » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 9:16 pm

Eneres wrote:Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation as me. i have already signed the Contract after they mailed me and posted it back to SIA. My training starts on 30th June.

However, i have yet to receive any emails re. the signing of the bond. I have sent Mary an email to confirm receipt of my mailed-back contract and the signing of the bond date but to no avail.

As long as you passed the medical check up and sign the contract and is informed of the training date, you are confirm 100% selected for the job right? Or must you sign the bond to be 100% sure. Can anyone shed some light on this matter? Really appreciate your kind assistance.
Hmmp I dont really understand.... isnt the contract the bond?

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Re: Airlines

Post by catcrazy » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:21 pm

blackpolitics wrote:
lagoon80 wrote:i'm actually looking forward to this coming sun, a bit nervous abt it since this would be my first time applying for the position.

stay calm. honestly thats the most important. bring out your sincerity. I believe thats what they want. Let them hear the best answer you can get. Dont say stuffs like " erh i come today's interview cos im lookin for a job" its like so general and not sincere at all. speak slowly with confidence so that they can hear you well. you can do it. good luck.
they are looking for service oriented pple=) if u say ure aplying because u love travelling and meeting new pple u will confirm fail=/ smile lots!=)

renn
Regular
Regular

Post by renn » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:32 pm

Last edited by renn on Tue, 16 Sep 2008 12:16 am, edited 4 times in total.

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:14 am

renn wrote:not really. in my group, 4 of us said we love to travel and meet ppl.and 4 of us managed to pass round 1.
but 4 of us did not make it after round 2. so sad...
can say tt u love travel but tt cant be ur only reason. i went for my interviews 3 times. all 3 times got pple say like tt. they didnt get in

visualmanic

hi

Post by visualmanic » Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:56 am

im going at noon,prolly at 1,you can pm me to discuss further
SQEKwannabe wrote:
visualmanic wrote:
galz wrote:hey girls, i count mi in also!!
22nd june....... PM mi.... thanks
so those who wants to meet and go together,drop me your email ya,preferably msn.

can i join in too ? i cant pm u . :D

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Airlines

Post by rev12000 » Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:11 am

catcrazy wrote:
blackpolitics wrote:
lagoon80 wrote: they are looking for service oriented pple=) if u say ure aplying because u love travelling and meeting new pple u will confirm fail=/ smile lots!=)
Love travelling and meeting new people doesn't discount your chances of being a Flight Stewardess. Infact, that's something the interviewers will be looking for. :lol: Let"s see ... Hmm ...

:D "I enjoy travelling & meeting new people."
:roll: "I enjoy travelling & meeting new people."
:shock: "I enjoy travelling & meeting new people."
:? "I enjoy travelling & meeting new people."
:???: "I enjoy travelling & meeting new people."

HaHa! :wink: Smile indeed is a great way to break the ice. (recalling) "I had my heart pumping a zillion beats every minute during the process. :oops: Take a good breathe, don't rush it through and be done with, listen attentively, smile. You will be good. :) CHEERIOS!!
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

charubsu

Post by charubsu » Wed, 18 Jun 2008 6:48 pm

HEL~LOW~ people whoever going for this sunday i was thinking lets meet at newton MRT at 8:30 to 8:45am pls reply underneath this post to who wanna meet up okie?

charubsu

Post by charubsu » Wed, 18 Jun 2008 6:50 pm

anyway i'm ruby here ~ pm me if u wanna meet..