Singapore Expats

I am a New Man! \:D/

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

I am a New Man! \:D/

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 3:05 pm

Some of you will remember that I went on a diet earlier this year and there are a couple of scattered ongoing updates in the Health Forum. A couple of you have even met me at seasider's before Xmas last year.

Today is the last day of my diet. It has been hugely successful. Beyond my wildest dreams actually. I have spent the past 22 weeks on a fantastic weight loss program that is more a lifestyle change than a "diet". While the credit for losing the weight goes to the Doctor who designed and oversees theses weight loss programs, I would not have know about the program had it not been for Baloo an Admin at singaporum.com who advised me that he was near finishing his run on the program with his unbelievable 49kg loss in 6 months. At that time I though :o what in the devil must I do on this diet to obtain losses like that. After reading the links that he gave me, I found that his losses were "almost normal" with others both before and since. A few losing up to 90kg in a year. Two were recently featured/interviewed on Today Tonight an Australian TV Program (last Thursday a week ago - June 6) One who just finished losing 88kg on this program in one year.

Anyway, today is the last day of my programme proper.

I started the diet on the 13th of January but cut down on some stuff one week earlier. After 20 weeks on the program I had lost exactly 25kg. I've been on a specially prepared stabilization diet for the past 16 days. This was to stop the weight losses without causing our bodies to react adversely and causing cravings, hunger and ultimately weight gain. I have lost another .8kg since then for a total weight loss of 25.8kg. I'm 1.7m tall and weighed 94kg when I started. Today, I weigh 68.2kg and I have gone from a 40" waistline to a 31". I can now wear the Tuxedo I got married in, back in 1983, for my 25th Wedding Anniversary this coming September. Do you have any idea how good that feels?

The weight-loss program does not have you taking any pills, special shakes, specially prepackaged foods or supplements (other the multivitamins - which you buy from whomever you feel like). While the diet is a low carbohydrate one, it IS NOT a high protein or high fat one. It is a balanced diet. The food is all fresh and unprocessed consisting of leans meats, seafoods & poultry and plenty of fruits and vegetables. Of course there are foods that are not allowed during the duration of the program but hey, it's a minor inconvenience considering what can happen.

The weight loss is great. But the real eye-opener is the other things that have happened due to this program. My HBP which I have had to deal with for the past decade has been borderline high around 145/95 while under medication (2 types). I am also a long time gout sufferer and cholesterol was elevated so was also taking meds for that & the gout. In February I had an appointment with my GP (usually quarterly). He noticed that I appeared to have lost weight (explanations then followed, along with links for his own research as he had not heard of the program either). I was 4 weeks into the program at that time and had lost about 6kg. He cut my Gout meds (allipurinol) in half.

Saturday two weeks ago I went again to the doc. He almost fell over. However, he wasn't complete dumbfounded as he had done some research. I, on the other hand had quit taking my BP med on Thursday so Sat was the beginning of the 3rd day without any. When he took my blood pressure he had to check and do it 3 times because my blood pressure was NORMAL at 110/70. I asked him how long before residuals of the meds would be out of my system, and he told me 24 to 36 hours max. At any rate, he stopped all my BP meds right then. He also asked me to monitor it for two weeks and ordered a full blood work-up and urinalysis. When I returned this past Saturday for the follow-up. My blood pressure was still at 110/70 AND My uric acid levels were within normal ranges as were both my good and bad cholesterol. Therefore he has stopped all of my medications now. For the first time in a decade I'm 100% pill free and literally "in Perfect Condition" health-wise. I have a BMI of 23.6 and a 14.7% Body Fat Ratio

Now comes the rebuilding of my physical self so I can strap on the scuba tanks again! I've just regained 20 years of my life. I weight the same amount that I did in July 1968 when I was discharged from active duty. That was 40 years ago.

If anybody amongst our readers needs to seriously consider doing something about their weight then I would strongly recommend that you consider getting more information on this program!

SMS
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Sat, 28 Jun 2008 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 3:20 pm

Having a brag are we? :P (had to get my own back after that PM you sent me) :P Might catch you up - one day. :-k

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 3:42 pm

:P hurray SEXY SMS !! :wink:
Always have a smile on that face!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 3:47 pm

Not so much having a brag, cause I should have never let myself get to that point in the first place.

No, it's what is called Paying it forward. Baloo, when he found out I was seriously looking for a "safe" way to lose weight rapidly, gave me links to sufficient informations that was enough to convince me to go and check it out. This program rarely advertises, per se, as word of mouth from successful users is more than enough.

So, I am offering this to anybody else "who is serious about losing weight".

I'm paying it forward as they say... :P

When you are ready, PM me..... :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 3:56 pm

Farm boy I am ABSOLUTELY THRILLED FOR YOU ! Congratulations and well done lah ! I'd ask for the details of your 'repairers' but I'm only carrying about 5 extra kg and really can do something about this if I want to badly enough ....but I'm so happy for you and I may have trouble recognising the new sms when I see you again. Just wear that hat again yeah ?! :wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 4:36 pm

SMS, I love reading stories like yours as they show that you can transform your body at any age. Congrats on making this big change.

As you mentioned in your replies in the Health forum, the key is the rigidity of the program. Even without knowing its details, the real key to any weight loss program is total discipline. You put it very well in describing it as a lifestyle change.

I have friends who are competitive bodybuilders and they are equally rigid in their diet. They eat six or more small meals a day with precise percentages of protein/carb/fat. (Their meals are usually prepared at home and then carried around in chiller bags...) They drink gallons of water everyday and follow precise workout schedules. For contest training, they get even stricter. There is NO shortcut. Without going into specific details, many of these guys use 'forbidden' supplements - different combinations of steroids, ephedrine/caffene/aspirin stacks and even clenbuterol: and they still stick to low carb/high protein diets and two cardio sessions a day when peaking for a contest. That's how they achieve low single digit bodyfat percentages at contest time.

While my case has not being as extreme or as dramatic as yours, I underwent my own personal transformation over the last year. March last year (at the age of 44) I went to see my GP because I was feeling under the weather with little or no energy. While he didn't find anything seriously wrong, he noted that my BP had been higher than it should be for the last 3 or 4 visits. He warned me that it would have to come down soon or he would put me on medication.

I embarked on a low carb diet wth lots of salads and combined it with 45 minutes of cardio, 4 times a week in the gym. (I had been lifting semi-seriously - more off than on - for quite a few years but was pretty half-hearted about doing cardio.) This time I reduced my weightlifting to virtually zero and focused almost exclusively on cardio. By July I had lost 6 kilos and my BP levels were normal. Unfortunately, with a rediuced protein diet, I also lost some muscle tissue at the same time and this fairly rapid loss led me to having my first gout attack in 3 years.

I started to do more weight training in November and combining that with cardio more effectively. I've actually gained back 4 kilos but people tell me I look like I've lost weight! My belt is now 4 notches tighter and I've gone from wearing size 34" - 32" pants (depending on the brand) to around size 30" now. These days I can do 6 or 7 strict pull ups with an extra 20kg plate attached to my belt - so I attract quite a few stares in the gym. (Hopefully for good reasons...)

Tonight is chest and triceps night at the gym, so this thread should pysche me up to train even harder!

Congrats again SMS. keep up the inspiring work!

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 6:15 pm

ok mister new man, can you bring back the ant avatar? :)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 6:22 pm

durain wrote:ok mister new man, can you bring back the ant avatar? :)
:lol:

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 6:36 pm

Glad to her you've acheived your goal SMS. I bet you feel 100% better,good luck witht he next phase :)

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 7:35 pm

Yay SMS! =D> :kiss: \:D/

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:29 pm

Thanks all.

And just for durain.......

maneo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by maneo » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:40 pm

Damn bug on the screen.

Oh, by the way, congratulations.
You deserve to feel good about yourself.

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Post by banana » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:57 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:When you are ready, PM me..... :cool:
soliciting!! :P

congrats on not being a fatty anymore old man.
some signatures are more equal than others

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:36 am

banana wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:When you are ready, PM me..... :cool:
soliciting!! :P

congrats on not being a fatty anymore old man.
Thanks 'nana!

Based on the advertising thread, am I selling myself or marketing myself? :P

Wish I could make some money out of the program though, it's a real winner. (Actually I have if you consider the cost of the Meds I was taking that I no longer have to purchase). I would love to have the franchise here. Basically, the program is very rigid, and well it must be to work so effectively, so I won't subject the local clinic to be inundated with silly BS types of calls as you can see by the threads in the Beauty & Health Forum, that's about what they would get. "Got pill or not!" :?

Yeah, I know you were just poking fun here, but I though about the apparent advertising aspect of my initial post as well before I hit the submit button. Hoist by my own Petard as it were, regarding Plavt's post, but as I was speaking directly to another Moderator I figured it would be okay as he was referring to our PM's as well. :wink: That is why I didn't suggest it in my initial post. It was a toss-up between revealing something that would ultimately aggravate the clinic or make someone who is really interested ask for help. So if one is really "seriously" ready to do something good for themselves I will give them the links to my charts and other links for them to change their life. Just like the guy who gave me the information did last September. He's the administrator of another board here in Singapore. I researched the program trying to diss it for almost 3 months without success. So I paid my money and jumped on board for the most wild ride of my life. I never though the benefits would be as rich as they were though. Oh, the other thing is that this program doesn't have a pay as you go plan. You pay for the whole shebang up front. It's up to you to follow it. As a single payment up front most would call it expensive but at the end of the day it's actually much cheaper than most by the end of the program.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:39 am

Congrats SMS, and thanks for the tip, I had been stuck on 85kg for a good 9 months, also on a low carb intake, obviously not low enough, becuase like you said, cut out the grains for breakfast, i did just that, and now i'm shedding the weight again...so it wasn't a platau i had reached on exercise, even though i exercise often, it was those damn grains in a morning, that did it.

I stopped the multi-grain breakfast, and went on Yoghurt and a couple of boiled eggs and dropped another 2kg in 2 week without exercise! So thanks for the tip!

And again, very well done!

Addadud, good on ya! it is hard to keep at it, until you start to get the rush, but keep well away from the steriods,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yATmID0c ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITG-IbHE ... re=related
Last edited by ksl on Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.