Singapore Expats

Skin care products for young skin (20+)

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
CAT777
Regular
Regular

Skin care products for young skin (20+)

Post by CAT777 » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 3:06 pm

Pls advise what do you normally use? my skin is normal to combbinational (T-zone). i've tried clinique, biotherm, sisley and now i'm using ROC - i'm not very satisfied with it, seems like it's more for older skin.

The other thing i need advise on is a make - up base and powder; i need 1)something what can make my skin look perfect and flawless (especially on the photos); 2)and something with the lighter texture for everyday use (not to clog the pores)

thks
Сингапурский котенок

chanel171

Artistry is good...

Post by chanel171 » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 2:11 am

hi why don't try Artistry. their products are non-comodogenic.
perfect for early twenties or even late teens.
try their moisturising cleanser and clarifying toner for your t-zones especially and use their clarifying cleanser to control your oil up to 12 hours (realistically no products can 100% get rid of t-zone only control it)
also they have great powders that are light for normal days, for flawless pic, use the oil control liquid foundation as the base and lock it with the flawless powder .

Cost

Post by Cost » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 1:57 am

Well , im using Fancl . I think their product are pretty good . Especially the IntenseUpEX collagen drink . Heard that their products are all preservative free .
If you want your skin to look flawless , you could actually try out their liquid foundation , it is very lasting . The bad thing is , as i mention eariler , 'preservative free' and thus expire very fast >.< (faster then the normal ones with 'preservative')

Another point to note , if you want a flawless skin , you should take care of your skin from inside out , and TenseupEX is very good in that way. You can visit their webpage @ www.fancl.com.sg .

Im definetly not advertising for them , just trying to share what i have finally found ,after changing so many makeup and spending tons of money on them. Im a fan of their TenseUpEX !!After drinking around 10 bottles and saw satifying result (acne scar lighten,pore tighten), religiously drinking everyday before sleep . Btw im 20 yr old. haha :)
x0x0
Cost

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 1:00 pm

go see a doctor if you have acne problems.

otherwise, it's hit and miss really. what works for me may not work for you.

and i was 25 before i found a cleanser that didn't irritate my skin. i'm glad it's in bar form (clinique) so i don't feel quite as wimpy.

bear in mind you won't be using a certain type of makeup/skincare product forever cos your skin changes as you age/with the environment.

Mayyang

Post by Mayyang » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:51 pm

use dermatics for facial wash, toner better use natural one like witch hazel, just give it a few dab after washed ur face. for moisturizer I use Physiogel ( u can get it from guardian). sunblock I use floxia brand. twice a week use mask which is no perfume contained.
trust me this few products method will make a difference. It takes so long for me to find this suitable product after tried so many branded products. as for the make up base usually I skipped it. cos the tinted sunblock I am using already really helps to cover some spots. with sprinkle some translucent powder on ur T-zone then u r ready to go out. hope this will help you.
Good luck! :)

bluexob
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bluexob » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:26 am

Cost wrote:Well , im using Fancl . I think their product are pretty good . Especially the IntenseUpEX collagen drink . Heard that their products are all preservative free .
If you want your skin to look flawless , you could actually try out their liquid foundation , it is very lasting . The bad thing is , as i mention eariler , 'preservative free' and thus expire very fast >.< (faster then the normal ones with 'preservative')

Another point to note , if you want a flawless skin , you should take care of your skin from inside out , and TenseupEX is very good in that way. You can visit their webpage @ www.fancl.com.sg .

Im definetly not advertising for them , just trying to share what i have finally found ,after changing so many makeup and spending tons of money on them. Im a fan of their TenseUpEX !!After drinking around 10 bottles and saw satifying result (acne scar lighten,pore tighten), religiously drinking everyday before sleep . Btw im 20 yr old. haha :)
Hey cost,
Care to share how much does TenseUpEX costs??
How many bottles in a box??
I always use Olay moisturiser and it works perfectly for me,and i'm only 21..

bebe le chotchkey

Post by bebe le chotchkey » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:11 pm

I use a lot of different things...my all time favorites: MAC, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, and Dior
* Mac - Bronzer / Powder, lip stick / gloss, moisterizer, eye shadows, brushes.
* Laura Mercier - Concealer (applied with a concealer brush), with foundation primer for easy application (this product is awesome and worth every penny!), the foundations are great, basically all of their stuff is good!
* I also use Clinique's concealer pen - it has a built-in brush so I brush it on, then even it out with my own concealer / foundation brush, they also have a good powder, brow pencils, blush, moisterizer.
* Best Mascaras: Dior Show, Clinique (in the dark green tube), MAC. They make lashes look longer, fuller, and the brushes are all really good!
* Bobbi Brown has a great all-around line...I like the eye products, liners, etc, lip...etc.
For skin care I have used everything...almost literally! So my all time favorite that I always come back to is St. Ives Apricot Scrub...love it and it's cheap. Borghese has great fango mud mask, Estee Lauder has great anti-aging products, and Cosmedicine has great great stuff.
If you have any more ??? just PM me I can talk product all day.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

drusilla
Regular
Regular

Post by drusilla » Sat, 30 Aug 2008 11:02 pm

i use La Prairie's "rose illusion line filler", it feels like gel and its in pink.

it can be used on its own or as a make-up base.

you only need a little of it to make your skin feel so smooth.
Last edited by drusilla on Mon, 01 Sep 2008 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.