Singapore Expats

Cathay Pacific

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
alittletwist

Post by alittletwist » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 1:03 am

prankenstein wrote:
alittletwist wrote:Hi, i would like to check something because basically i send my resume for the position as cabin crew at london base of cathay pacific. And they reply me to proof of your legal right to live and work unrestricted for any employer in the United Kingdom. So can anybody tell me what is it about? Like what should I proof?
meaning you gotta provide them some documentation to proof that you have legal rights to work and live in london. For example a copy of UK work permit or any Identity card or documentation if you are a permanent resident there.
but I've already stated on my resume that i'm singaporean and i do not have any UK work permit nor i'm a resident there. that's why I find it weird.

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 7:41 am

alittletwist, i believe the positions for the london-based crew are only for the britons. hence the need to show those documents.

CyberaL

hi

Post by CyberaL » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:10 pm

lovely_pink wrote:
madmoiselle wrote:
tinabradford wrote:madmoiselle: hi, tomorrow I will be interviewed with CX, I am a little nervous :? , can I know your id msn or ym for chat? :)
sorry i just replayed your message now, i hope you are online and can read this message.
My advise: dont be nervouse, just relax, and be convident, also when you are giving self introduction dont be nervouse, and smile, belived if you want this job you will get it. but if you not belived you will not get it.
my msn: [email protected] :)

Hi madmoiselle...

I had my 2nd interview by 10th May, I dont know whether my applicant successfull or not.

They gave me Green/Blue card and it said my application is under consideration, have to wait for 6 weeks....
Can you imagine that long....

How's yours?
hi lovely pink,

After u received ur green card do they ushered you to a room to fill up some visa application forms and stuff, if yes then u are selected. if not, don't worry they will actually review again ur application to reconsider.

cheers,

CyberaL

Regarding tattoo

Post by CyberaL » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:17 pm

Hi Guys

Just wondering anyone know about this. I'm a guy and have a tattoo around my arm but is totally cover when i'm wearing a shirt, does anyone know this allow?

i just went for the medical exam and now waiting for cx reply...
am kinda worry.

Cheers,

girlst08

Post by girlst08 » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 5:12 pm

Do anyone know when will the medical result will be announce? i am so nervous and worry about tat...

prankenstein

Post by prankenstein » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 12:58 am

girlst08 wrote:Do anyone know when will the medical result will be announce? i am so nervous and worry about tat...
how many people is cx employing? will they recruit again next year? :?

girlst08

Post by girlst08 » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 2:42 pm

prankenstein wrote:
girlst08 wrote:Do anyone know when will the medical result will be announce? i am so nervous and worry about tat...
how many people is cx employing? will they recruit again next year? :?

i also dunno how many ppl the going to hire~~ :)

girlst08

Post by girlst08 » Sun, 15 Jun 2008 3:09 pm

any news regard the medical result or confirm by CX... pls do update.. :) .. Thanks

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 2:06 pm

hai everyone...i got the green card as well...but i nvr get to fill up the visa thingy n do medical check up...kinda sad...got interviewed by a tall lady...me n the other gal that being interviewd by this lady also nvr do medical..think she is more strict...haiz...anyway,congrats materialistic bimbo...u will pass ur medical..dun worry...my hope now is like finding a needle in the middle of an ocean..haha :???: anyway,anyone here that v the green card n got reply fr CX,plz tell me yea...
Accomplish or do not begin

girlst08

Post by girlst08 » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 4:18 pm

caryssa wrote:hai everyone...i got the green card as well...but i nvr get to fill up the visa thingy n do medical check up...kinda sad...got interviewed by a tall lady...me n the other gal that being interviewd by this lady also nvr do medical..think she is more strict...haiz...anyway,congrats materialistic bimbo...u will pass ur medical..dun worry...my hope now is like finding a needle in the middle of an ocean..haha :???: anyway,anyone here that v the green card n got reply fr CX,plz tell me yea...
Hi, caryssa.. dun worry...there will be a good apportunity u'll be receive call.. Do not give up..:)

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:05 pm

girlst08,
thx for ur positive feedback....hope i can get their call..congrats yea :)

girlst08

Post by girlst08 » Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:49 am

U r welcome,caryssa. Do u hv any friends who go for medical check up? bcoz wondering when they will give us a confirm answer that we pass the medical assessment.. :? Wondering got anyone receive confirmation of pre-employement briefing from CX or not.

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:48 am

girlst08,
yes i do have a fren that went for her medical check up last thur..she said will let me know if there is any news fr CX...but she havent tell me any news yet so far...so i guess CX nt yet reply any of those that went for medical....at least u have done ur medical..u should b fine...nt like me... :(

girlst08

Post by girlst08 » Wed, 18 Jun 2008 1:05 pm

icic... any news from them pls do update for me ya..:) ..

rendezvous84

anyone can help?

Post by rendezvous84 » Wed, 18 Jun 2008 4:48 pm

Hi, i'm one of the applicants who attended the recruiment in early july KL. i've been asked for medical check up, but they sent me one email that -- follow up selection. will be conducted in late july, due to my english ability. anyone who encoutered it before?? how is the process, what will they ask? i'm so worry about this, is a critical moment...