Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
ochtri17r

Post by ochtri17r » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 6:20 pm

chubbycasper wrote:Hi ochtri17r,

weren't you Dr Chunag's patient? was it an unnatural job done to your nose?
ochtri17r wrote:
Shiyun777 wrote:Hi Octri17r,

I'll recommend you to go to Singapore General Hospital if you are seeking revision for nose job.

Are you unhappy more on the cosmetic part or is there something on your nose which disturb it's proper function?

SGH plastic surgeons are usually more skillful on reconsruction since they handle many cases of A & E.
hi shiyun
thanks for your answer,my unsatisfied on the cosmetic part,which is looks not normal i think.do you know how much Dr.Woffles wu charge to make a revision for nose job?If just choose Dr.wu to handle,is that okay?

Thanks

yes,you're right.
its not just about theunnatural looking,but looks failed,so my nose looks not normal i mean symetrics,bth nostrils uneven..

Shiyun777
Regular
Regular

Post by Shiyun777 » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 6:25 pm

Have you went back to yr orginal dr. to discuss things over with him?

What's his response? Did he help to look into the matter and provide a solution?

Ah I see, yr concern is with cosmetic huh .... :)

There are plenty of surgeons who do revisions for rhinoplasty in Sg. To find a suitable surgeon, perhaps you can buy a copy of The Cosmetic Surgery magazine, there are few reviews of certain procedure each month. Dr. Woffles was featured last month. He's very good with aesthetics and have a very sharp eye for features and details.

If your concern is with cosmetic unsatisfaction, you should first settle it with yr orginal surgeon and see how it goes from there, and if you wish to change doctors , perhaps you can consult Dr. Wu yrself and see what's his opinions and I don't know how much he will charge for you, it's better for you to find out yourself by making an appt since different individuals have different problems. And each one varies from the other.

I'm very afraid of personally reccomending surgeons to strangers whom I do not know well. Because if anything turns unexpected, I'd probably be blamed too.

I wish you all the best in your concern and go research and decide for yourself what's best for you.
Beauty is a matter of the providence will

ochtri17r

Post by ochtri17r » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 7:58 pm

Shiyun777 wrote:Have you went back to yr orginal dr. to discuss things over with him?

What's his response? Did he help to look into the matter and provide a solution?

Ah I see, yr concern is with cosmetic huh .... :)

There are plenty of surgeons who do revisions for rhinoplasty in Sg. To find a suitable surgeon, perhaps you can buy a copy of The Cosmetic Surgery magazine, there are few reviews of certain procedure each month. Dr. Woffles was featured last month. He's very good with aesthetics and have a very sharp eye for features and details.

If your concern is with cosmetic unsatisfaction, you should first settle it with yr orginal surgeon and see how it goes from there, and if you wish to change doctors , perhaps you can consult Dr. Wu yrself and see what's his opinions and I don't know how much he will charge for you, it's better for you to find out yourself by making an appt since different individuals have different problems. And each one varies from the other.

I'm very afraid of personally reccomending surgeons to strangers whom I do not know well. Because if anything turns unexpected, I'd probably be blamed too.

I wish you all the best in your concern and go research and decide for yourself what's best for you.

Thanks for your wish,
I have emailed him,but he didnt reply me,so i think i have to decided get to revision from other doctor,which is has good skill to fix me.Since i read your experience from dr.Wu is a good surgeon,i think he can help me.I have emailed Dr.Wu,but he didnt reply me yet,and i dont have any experience to go to singapore so i really dont know the area.I think if he reply me already and his answer he can fix me(i mean really can) so i will come there for the surgery,but before that i must save money first to make it happen.
I just know 2 Best Surgeon in singapore,they are Dr.MH and Dr.WW,But I know Dr.MH charge so expensive,and im just a student,i think i cant pay him,so if there is another way than him,maybe ill choose Dr.WW.
My case is not to have a perfect nose,but my nose looks really not symetrics.And im really depressed bacause of that.
I just want to have a normal nose thats all.Maybe you can help me,because you have an experience with Dr.Wu Skill.

thanks

Shiyun777
Regular
Regular

Post by Shiyun777 » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:17 pm

Yes, u shld email the doctor u wish to see with detailed photos of your current condition.

I'm sure the dr. will reply , could be within 1 week, most probably, you will have to make a trip here for consultation as well.

If you need help to go around clinics in sg, I am available since I'm free at the moment. I can accompany you and be yr guide for free around Sg since I know directory of Sg very well.

Well you really have to have the money because I know Dr Wu's charges are highly professional. He's also a celebrity surgeon. You can also save up more for 2nd opinions as it's good to be examined by different dr.s to know what's the varying solutions available if any.

ochtri17r

Post by ochtri17r » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 11:52 pm

Shiyun777 wrote:Yes, u shld email the doctor u wish to see with detailed photos of your current condition.

I'm sure the dr. will reply , could be within 1 week, most probably, you will have to make a trip here for consultation as well.

If you need help to go around clinics in sg, I am available since I'm free at the moment. I can accompany you and be yr guide for free around Sg since I know directory of Sg very well.

Well you really have to have the money because I know Dr Wu's charges are highly professional. He's also a celebrity surgeon. You can also save up more for 2nd opinions as it's good to be examined by different dr.s to know what's the varying solutions available if any.
You're really nice friend.arigato. I will be patience to wait his reply.i know he is a good skillful profesional surgeon,but do you have any opinion about his reasonable charges?so ill be prepared from now?thanks.

Shiyun777
Regular
Regular

Post by Shiyun777 » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 1:01 am

Hi Octris7,

If I were you, I'd not do surgery being a student. There are more impt priorities to focus on , you mentioned that you may not have enough so why not do it when u are working ? You can also give a chance for yrself to eat the right diet to build yr body, perhaps you may have a change of mind then.

I propose a win win situation for yrself and yr desire. How old are you by the way? Are you below 30s ? I'm nearing 30 so surgery may be a suitable solution when u had tried all and still didn't achieve what u want, age is a certain factor when you have surgery.

Excercise wisdom in all your dealings, all the best. :)

ochtri17r

Post by ochtri17r » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 9:09 am

Shiyun777 wrote:Hi Octris7,

If I were you, I'd not do surgery being a student. There are more impt priorities to focus on , you mentioned that you may not have enough so why not do it when u are working ? You can also give a chance for yrself to eat the right diet to build yr body, perhaps you may have a change of mind then.

I propose a win win situation for yrself and yr desire. How old are you by the way? Are you below 30s ? I'm nearing 30 so surgery may be a suitable solution when u had tried all and still didn't achieve what u want, age is a certain factor when you have surgery.

Thanks for your advice,but the case isnt to have perfect nose,my nose has already got surgery and was failed,that means my nose looks not normal,and my problem is because of that i really shy to meet people because my abnormality nose.thats why i need for revision.If the revision succesfull i will never again change any part of my body.Im 24,and im feeling sorry for my self from the past which has injected my nose and taken rhinoplasty,but now i think i have to decided to take revision to have normal nose which is normal in anatomy form.i didnt expect perfect nose but normal nose.thanks

scarred

Post by scarred » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:10 am

I have some burn scars around my thigh and chest area and I am looking for a plastic surgeon who can help me to do some reconstructive surgery to heal the scars. Problem is the scars have been around for quite a while, because I got it when I was really young (I do not have any recollections of getting them, except that I know it is caused by hot water). Anyone have any recommendations? If I do it in Korea or Thailand, which doctors are famous for their works over there and will there be any communication problems?

Thanks for your help! :D

babyangel
Regular
Regular

rhinoplasty

Post by babyangel » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 3:16 pm

Hi Octris7,

Why dont you check out Dr Hsu from Taiwan? I have heard many gd reviews about him from Hello84, DMN n other forummers here. You shud check out his website n also what these forummers share.

Fm what i understand, Dr WW's fees are not cheap too compared to Dr MH. And from the many "done" noses i hv seen in Singapore so far, i cant really say there is one that is really gd.

However, i hv seen gd results from pics done by Dr Hsu n i think perhaps couple of Korean surgeons too from those Korean actreses. But if Korea, i think you really need to do sm research cos from the reviews, etc, it doesnt seem to mean that any Korean surgeon wud be able to get you what you want, even the well known ones.

For Dr Hsu, i understand he prefers to use Rib or Ear Cartilage, autologuous which means from our own body instead of implants, etc n i must say alot of the pics fm his website look great or much improvement.

hope this helps.

Cheers. :)

ochtri17r wrote:

Thanks for your advice,but the case isnt to have perfect nose,my nose has already got surgery and was failed,that means my nose looks not normal,and my problem is because of that i really shy to meet people because my abnormality nose.thats why i need for revision.If the revision succesfull i will never again change any part of my body.Im 24,and im feeling sorry for my self from the past which has injected my nose and taken rhinoplasty,but now i think i have to decided to take revision to have normal nose which is normal in anatomy form.i didnt expect perfect nose but normal nose.thanks

babyangel
Regular
Regular

scars

Post by babyangel » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 3:19 pm

Hi,

why dont you make an appt n visit SGH 1st with any of the plastic surgeons?

Cos understand they hv a Burns Dept n maybe they cud see your case 1st?

Cos at least SGH wud be much cheaper than the private surgeons, i suppose. Unless you feel more comfy with a particular pte surgeon, you may wish to just check it out 1st.

scarred wrote:I have some burn scars around my thigh and chest area and I am looking for a plastic surgeon who can help me to do some reconstructive surgery to heal the scars. Problem is the scars have been around for quite a while, because I got it when I was really young (I do not have any recollections of getting them, except that I know it is caused by hot water). Anyone have any recommendations? If I do it in Korea or Thailand, which doctors are famous for their works over there and will there be any communication problems?

Thanks for your help! :D

ochtri17r

Re: rhinoplasty

Post by ochtri17r » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 3:40 pm

babyangel wrote:Hi Octris7,

Why dont you check out Dr Hsu from Taiwan? I have heard many gd reviews about him from Hello84, DMN n other forummers here. You shud check out his website n also what these forummers share.

Fm what i understand, Dr WW's fees are not cheap too compared to Dr MH. And from the many "done" noses i hv seen in Singapore so far, i cant really say there is one that is really gd.

However, i hv seen gd results from pics done by Dr Hsu n i think perhaps couple of Korean surgeons too from those Korean actreses. But if Korea, i think you really need to do sm research cos from the reviews, etc, it doesnt seem to mean that any Korean surgeon wud be able to get you what you want, even the well known ones.

For Dr Hsu, i understand he prefers to use Rib or Ear Cartilage, autologuous which means from our own body instead of implants, etc n i must say alot of the pics fm his website look great or much improvement.

hope this helps.

ochtri17r wrote:

Thanks for your advice,but i think if the price is compare with good result,to me its not a problem as long as he can make my nose come back to normal.Coming back again to taiwan is a far traveling,u know,than i spent my money to pay the hotel and the ticket,its bettter to pay the doctor,right?i know about high professional doctor prices,but if the price compare with the result,its not a problem.as long as he really can do the better job.
thanks

Shiyun777
Regular
Regular

Post by Shiyun777 » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 6:00 pm

It all depends on your nature of case. Do u know that different doctors have different specialties?

You should find someone who specializes in nose reconstruction. I wish you all the best and may God help you in yr situation.

Set your expectations low and before you can decide on which surgeon, you must have the $ 1st. Otherwise, it gets nowhere.

If you don't mind, you can send me your photos of nose, I can help you enquire by resending them to the good surgeons of Sg, and we will see from their reply then.

Try to cheer up, age will definitely catch up with time and no one can stay as perfect as they wannabe, it's who you are and who u surround with that will contribute to happiness.

The effort of wanting to appear nice to the opposite sex can be just a vain game. Unless you are insecure or an attention seeker, I don't see why one can't live with physical imperfections. all of us have a degree of physical imperfection on our body, don't fret much about it.

fushioncherry

A route of no turning back

Post by fushioncherry » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 7:14 pm

Hi readers here,

I wanna share my experiences as someone undergone rhinoplasty. Just want to let you guys who plan to have your nose fixed, PLEASE think twice and thrice!! You have to really go into deep consideration and research for the best plastic surgeon and price wise before making a fateful decision.

Once done, any unsatisfatry is unrewindable! I mean if not complicated procedures are done, it can still be salvage. If not, its a price, time and mostly money u have to invest in. All these are dragging..

Doing it is one thing, what about the post results? If anything goes wrong or you are not satisfied with the result, aren't you going to pay even more to get everything fixed?!

Not everyone is lucky to achieve what they want in the result, it also concerned individual's LUCK! That's all i can said..... all the best..

ochtri17r

Post by ochtri17r » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 7:38 pm

Shiyun777 wrote:It all depends on your nature of case. Do u know that different doctors have different specialties?

You should find someone who specializes in nose reconstruction. I wish you all the best and may God help you in yr situation.

Set your expectations low and before you can decide on which surgeon, you must have the $ 1st. Otherwise, it gets nowhere.

If you don't mind, you can send me your photos of nose, I can help you enquire by resending them to the good surgeons of Sg, and we will see from their reply then.

Try to cheer up, age will definitely catch up with time and no one can stay as perfect as they wannabe, it's who you are and who u surround with that will contribute to happiness.

The effort of wanting to appear nice to the opposite sex can be just a vain game. Unless you are insecure or an attention seeker, I don't see why one can't live with physical imperfections. all of us have a degree of physical imperfection on our body, don't fret much about it.

Hi Shiyun
may i know your private email address so i can send my pict.?
thanks

shoe_girl

Post by shoe_girl » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 9:53 pm

Is it true that gortex takes longer to deswell and take shape than silicon? Does anyone know if it get compressed over time? What is the eventual height of a single 2mm layer of gortex after compression?