Singapore Expats

Looking for some Girlfriends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
kathb01

Post by kathb01 » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 8:51 pm

hey to all the girls!
missed out on your get together tonight but it sounds like such a good idea, hopefully we can organise something again next weekend and i will come! xo

tootles

Post by tootles » Fri, 06 Jun 2008 5:30 pm

this site is great! I just moved to singapore last week and am def in need of some girlfriends! might meet some of you tonight if you're part of the FNDC?? think i'll be heading along. otherwise keen to come to the next girlie event. pity i missed last night!

:-)

PinkMiracle

Post by PinkMiracle » Sat, 07 Jun 2008 10:00 am

heya i'm not new to singapore but I'd love to get to know more girlfriends, will keep my eye out for the next event :cool:

St Georgie

Post by St Georgie » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 1:24 pm

Hi girls

Just wanted to say I had a brilliant time last Thursday, hopefully do it again soon! I did warn you all about me having hollow legs, apologies if I embarrassed anyone, I personally have no shame after drinking neat vodka, the boyfriend would have been proud (NOT!). My memory is very fuzzy, but remember stuffing my face before going home! Thank you Sarah and Heidi for being my watchers, much appreciated, I can get a little wobbly!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend, lets arrange another night soon and get together with some of the even newer ladies!

Lots of love

Shy Hannah X

P.s I went to A&E yesterday as I thought I had dengy fever (spelt that wrong probably), you'll be happy to know that its just prickley heat!!
Hannah

shes_creative

last Thursday

Post by shes_creative » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 6:23 pm

No worries Hannah. What are girlfriends for, & it was a fun night. :cool:

Ok, so lots of pictures were taken, please pm me if you don't mind sharing so I can send you my email.

No, I don't have facebook, sorry.

Thanks

jdroger1
Regular
Regular

Post by jdroger1 » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 3:10 pm

It's ok Hannah, we all take turns at being the drunk of the party :wink: I know what you're going through though, mine was the week before... At least we can provide good entertainment for others!

So speaking of going out, what is our plan for this week ladies? A ladies night out? I was thinking we could include our spouses for a get together this weekend. I have a bar that Rom and I have been dying to try out. So if anyone is interested in either, Ladies night or Co-ed Party :D , let me know!

Jennifer

maimaya25

Post by maimaya25 » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 3:22 pm

My workload looks pretty light this week (fingers crossed), so I'm in either way.

While the free drinks and entertainment have been great on our last 2 ladies' nights out, a weekend thing might be good for us working girls (i.e., Kerryn who always has to skip out way early!). Of course I'll be flying solo, but at my age I'm used to being the 13th wheel. :cool:

Maya

wino
Regular
Regular

Post by wino » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:19 am

I was hoping to go to Bintan this weekend for my birthday but looks like all the ferries back are booked :( May therefore be free either friday or saturday if other halves are welcome (but not sure which, if either yet).

Would love to meet all the partners but also keen to keep up some girlie nights (not sure if I can continue to handle them weekly though and certainly not when I'm working - nearly passed out on the MRT the day after the last one and I THOUGHT I wasn't pissed!!)

St Georgie

Post by St Georgie » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 3:08 pm

Im glad im not alone then, although I do think I pushed it a tad too far :???: I can safely blame the free vodka and remove myself from the temptations of free drinks at ladies nights hence forth! I cant seem to say no to free food, drinks are no exception - class goes out the window :oops: I can hardly remember a thing after we started dancing!

Im up for another ladies night, perhaps every other week should be the target, I too was dying on Friday and couldn get out of bed until 5pm!

I'll drag Andreas along to any couples events too, I think he'd like that. We bumped into Helen, her husband and 2 of his pals on Saturday night where they and Andreas vowed to start up their own "boys club" to out-do our girls night out! Never! Never!

Keep me posted girlies!

Han
Hannah

jdroger1
Regular
Regular

Post by jdroger1 » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 8:57 pm

hey ladies!

Ok so no "drinking" ladies night this week but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me in a "trial" salsa class. It's Friday night at 8:30. The lesson lasts 45 min and costs $10. Rom refuses to go with me so I thought we could make it a girlie outing. Here is the website, you can register there is you want. http://www.asiasalsa.com/

I would love for some company so join me girls!!!

Jennifer

Hildegard

Post by Hildegard » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 9:38 pm

hey,

im so not going to be able to do the week night thing now that im back at work! im really struggling to get up during my first week back.

however, the weekend sounds good. next weekend I have to work all weekend. but if anyone feels the need to keep me company one night, as i have to stay over please do!! i'll be going out of my mind with no adult company!

hope to catch up with you all soon!

Heidi

wino
Regular
Regular

Post by wino » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 9:46 pm

Heidi, sorry, won't be able to join you at the weekend as it's my birthday (have I mentioned that already :D ). And Jennifer, I have previously dragged Paul along to salsa classes so will give the taster session a miss - I think I saw someone (female I think) on the forum interested in salsa though..

kik234

Post by kik234 » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 7:24 pm

Hi girls,
Sorry Jennifer, won't be able to join you for Salsa - maybe next time!
Am definitely up for going out this weekend - prefer Saturday night, but can make it Friday night if everyone would prefer.
Please let me know who is keen to go out for drinks/dinner? I know this is the girlfriends forum, but partners are welcome this weekend......
Hope you've all had a good week
Kerryn.

maimaya25

Post by maimaya25 » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 9:37 pm

hi girls,

ok, so i think some of you have figured out i'm not much of a dancer... not at least when i'm sober. so guess that means, i won't be joining you for salsa, jennifer. sorry!

as for the weekend, i'm pretty free still. while i know i should probably start packing for the move (fingers crossed that my lease finally gets signed tomorrow) i think i'm gonna need some time away from the boxes.

if no one's up for alcohol this time around, how about sunday brunch? might be nice especially if all you +1s want to bring them along for a change.

maya

St Georgie

Saturday/Sunday

Post by St Georgie » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 3:30 pm

Hi gals!

Jen, I'll have to miss Salsa tonight, meeting Andreas earlier than planned for dinner and then the footie (the latter is not my choice!).

So Saturday night seems to be well planned, happy birthday Jennifer/Wino!! Please count Andreas and I in, he's really looking forward to meeting everyone, especially the guys for some male company. We both went to China Town last weekend, Saturday night. We went to quite a nice Chinese restaurant, cant remember the name, and the food was nice. Wasnt too expensive and we sat upstairs overlooking the street markets. But im not sure whether its special enough for Jen's bday but good to know these places, i'll find out the name so you can all file it in the food section in your brains (mines getting full).

Let me know if the plans change, someone give me a text pretty please.

Bye for now and see ya tomorrow!!

Happy birthday for 12.01am Jennifer!

Han x
Hannah