Singapore Expats

Moley moley mole. Moooooooole.

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Levikane
Regular
Regular

Moley moley mole. Moooooooole.

Post by Levikane » Wed, 28 May 2008 10:19 pm

Searching for 'mole' on this boards came back with a few people asking about mole removal in Singapore, but the posts were years ago so thought a new thread was in order.

Today I went to the dermatologist to have a few suspect moles on my torso checked out and see if they were dangerous. While I was there I asked the dermo about having a few removed from my face for cosmetic reasons. This was at Raffles Aesthetics attached to Raffles Hospital. By the way, the doctor I saw gave the best consultation I had ever had. Not rushing, listened intently, good questions about medical history without being invasive, gave a really thourough examination and made no false promises about scarring - highly reccomend Dr. Chris Foo if you get referred to him.

But wholly jeez! I can see why so many people go to beauty therapists and use home remedies here to get them removed. To get 4x moles on my face surgically removed (some shaved & laser cauterised, some just cut out) was quoted at SGD $2100!!!

Has anyone had a raised mole surgically removed in Singapore at a lower price??

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Thu, 29 May 2008 6:09 am

i think you can get them done for a coupla hundred bucks by a qualified GP (dip in derm).

in your case, it's even safer since you've already seen a dermatologist and know they're all GOOD TO GO!

it doesn't take major skill to slice them moley moley moley mooooooooooles off... (unless they're at very sensitive areas like your eyelids, etc)

but not all GPs have the right machine - so ask first!

i've had lumps and moles removed from my face on two occasions before, and both times by GPs i've had no relations with.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Fri, 30 May 2008 2:17 pm

oh, i forgot.

if you come from a place where skin cancer is prevalent, be sure to ask for a mole map next time.

it's useful for future doctors to use it as a "baseline" comparison.

isn't it fun to be able to use MOLEY MOLEY MOLEY MOOOOOOLE on the internet?

it'll be awesome if i could do it to people in real life without them getting offended.

Levikane
Regular
Regular

Post by Levikane » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 3:47 pm

For those of you interested - an update on the service from Raffles Aesthetics for this procedure.

The Dermatologist (Dr Christopher Foo) did a fantastic job - good bedside manner and excellent surgery. In spite of stiches on the knuckle of my big toe, I was walking pretty comfortably the next day. He even sent me a personal text message the next day to see how I was feeling and if I had any questions. Maybe thats standard practice here but I was really impressed.

The adminsitrative and nursing staff however have a lot to answer for. While generally quite pleasant, profesionally they were lacking quite considerably. But I suppose I got a bad impression to begin with when I had to wait an hour after my scheduled apppointment time.

It seems basic hygeine practices are only loosely followed. The nurse touched the door handle and overhead lamp (contaminated by her bare hands moments earlier) with the gloves she then used to open the sterile surgical impliments.

Additionally, before and during the procedure, other nurses walked into my treatment room more than 20 times to ask questions or get things for their own treatment rooms. Lying half naked on the table, I felt very uncomfortable and thought it was most unprofessional.

Then when it was done - it took OVER AN HOUR to get my medication and invoice. The medication was only in the next room and the invoice was incorrect anyway!!!

Overall, great Dr., but everthing else about Raffles Aethestics was a bit ameteurish.

P.S. When you are in there for over 2 hours the same elevator music piped through the clinic is on loop - arrgh!